Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Gunships for Good is pretty much what I would do. Robin Hood is also good. Also Negative on the CIA mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Welcome back, Yooper!

I'm going to abstain from this vote, actually, because I have no idea how spotting under the new system works mechanically. If our aircraft are having a hard time spotting ground targets, then it's possible both drones would fail at spotting targets too. OTOH, the ground spotting model had occasional issues in CMANO as well.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Near-simultaneous military coups across a broad, contiguous swathe of sub-saharan Africa? I don't like the sound of that.
Wait a minute, this is most of Mittelafrika. Goering you fat gently caress, what have you done now?!

Don't forget Angola as well. And these are all places north of them...

...oh god, the Free State had a staybehind network?!

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Welcome back, dear Gripen friends! K&P!

Also is there any possibility of us making contact with the old Angolan democratic government? Do we still have any friends in the old Angolan Air Force and the SK.60Bs we gave them to call in?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Does anybody have a link to a database with these aircraft? I'm leaning Ivanov right now, but I want to be sure it's not crippled by, say, extremely low combat range.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I'm convinced! Ivanov it is. Sorry Viggens :smith:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Well...if nothing else, we can confirm that laser weaponry works as intended in CMO. And it does have a very nice radar, which is kinda important. If nothing else, it means we can divert other assets to intercept threats. BFLM for me, then.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

mcclay posted:

Ivanov, let's try to be semi-reasonable here people. Impractical wonderwaffen is the domain of the fascist and the capitalist

For me, the deciding factor is not so much the weapon system as it is the detection system. Being able to see something incoming 150 nm out, even if your primary ground response is good for 3 nm, is better than seeing something incoming 60 nm out, even if you can engage it at 27 nm, because of how the OODA loop simulation works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

No deal; let's stay focused.