Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Orders are Final

The jets are fueling. Weapons crews are loading. Operation SeaFood Buffet will begin shortly.

I'll run the scenario tonight and get it posted. I'm trying to get fancy with Resolve but we'll see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Yooper, how are our transport planes being used? Are we going to have missions in the future where we are airlifting stuff to people, or are our transports mainly for our own logistics? I noticed ground forces aren’t in CMANO so I wasn’t sure what we use most helos and transports for (attack helos for sea and sub warfare I can see and recon helos too).

At the moment we'll simulate any transport duties using a ferry mission. Otherwise it's an assumed logistics unit going on boring supply runs. Though we may take on missions that require moving, or evac'ing assets.

Dandywalken posted:

There's room for attack helos, but with their inherently short range in a world where double digit SAM's are the norm their usefulness is very much up to the mission maker.

If we have them and you guys can eliminate the threats to them, we can definitely use them. But, like you said, in the world of SAM's helo's can be kind of crunchy.

Quinntan posted:

I know that the Indians are offering Hawks, but would it be possible to try and get some of their Jaguars instead? They'd be fairly fresh from a modernisation and would be a substantial upgrade on either Hawks or Sk60s in the air-to-ground role while also retaining some capability for defending themselves.

Our Man in Washington is working an angle. More on that as he sobers up. If he sobers up...

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Psawhn posted:

On last thing, MISSION EDITOR SPOILERS FOR YOOPER'S EYES ONLY: You left in the event for China setting us to hostile in the scenario file.

Whoops!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Yooper, sorry to bug you, but are we going to want to develop a ground combat section as well at somepoint, or are we mostly sticking to air and sea?

For now air and sea. At the most we could see some ground strikes but I'm not sure how well some ground units are modeled. SAM's and Radar sites are modeled well, but how a platoon of infantry is handled is beyond me. That and the time scale doesn't allow for much movement. So some CAS maybe, but our own tanks is likely beyond the CMANO niche. No worries about bugging me, this poo poo is fun.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bEc_cJIiJc

Feedback Time

Was the video too long?
Was the audio quality OK?
Did the mission process work?
What do you want to see done differently next time?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

He also wants to know what part of the total FY profit we are expected to pay off to shareholders as dividends.

At the end of the year we must pay out 10% of our profits. If we have no profits we pay 10% of assets. I'm not too worried about Goldman, it's the brutes with the Teachers Retirement Fund that make me worry.

JcDent posted:

Hey, do pilots get paid any sum of all that money we made?

Of course! Each shareholder get's a share at the end of the year after Herbert does our books. And after the Class A shareholders take their cut.

simplefish posted:

I second the thing about no spoilers in the AAR image, but realistically I'm gonna watch either way.

Sorry about that one guys! In the future I'll spoiler it for sure.

VKing posted:

One thing I think is a bit lacking in this game is that you can't (AFAIK) intercept a bogey and try to force them out of your airspace without shooting them down. Not that shooting those J-8s down was the wrong choice in this instance; they were definitely unhealthily interested in our transports.

Some tactics/technology talk:
Since we have an AWACS bird, we can launch our CAP without them having to use their own radar, which is nice since it gives us an element of surprise in an engagement. However, I perused the database, and it says that while our S 100 has Link-16 dateline capability, our Gripens don't. Does anyone know what impact that has in the game?

There are definitely mechanics, like chasing a bogey away, that would require some event editor exploring. At the same time we'll have to set our own boundaries too. A crafty opponent could lead a pack of Gripens back into a pocket of SAM's with the radar turned off...

From a narrative standpoint I want the missions to be challenging without being borderline impossible. If we were all playing this at home, solo, then you could just save-scum and move some flight paths. That's not a luxury we have with a play by post model. I need to stick to the plan otherwise the narrative falls apart. In-Character I'm some front line coordinator, not a planner. I'd like to think it represents more closely the true model of mission planning and sending your flights out into the unknown. You guys are the Flight Marshalls, the retired Air-Force Colonels, etc. There are reasonable threats to be reasonably dealt with. I don't want to see the entire operation crumble in a single mission, but poor decisions will be punished.

For a good read on complex mission planning check out Operation El Dorado Canyon

Thank you all for the feedback Hired Goons. I'm very much new to recording what I'm actually doing. I'll get the mic closer for the next recording. I might edit out the boring bits too instead of compressing everything. One keyslip with time compression and I run a minute instead of dropping down to 4 seconds. The info on procurement is great as well, I won't give you exactly what you want, but I'll give you some interesting choices. More to come!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Mikl posted:

May I join the reserve pilot queue? Callsign Clara.

Done!

We currently have a reserve pilot list of 38 pilots. There's room for plenty more. I have a feeling we're gonna need 'em.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Gnoman posted:

Minor thing I noticed in the video - in the second engagement each plane launched one missile (looking at the loadout on the side, one plane had 2 left and the other 4, after the launch it was 1 and 3), so one of the kills should go to the second pilot.

Good point! I'll have to check the loadouts closer. I might have had it in group view instead of unit view and just saw 4 missiles left.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Soup Inspector posted:

It was surprisingly tense watching a bunch of symbols dance around a screen. It's been an excellent effort on your part, Yooper - you're doing fine. I did like how you took the time to explain what each of the symbols etc. actually meant, since whenever I've seen CMANO in screenshot form it's been nigh-on unreadable.

I'll agree with the guy earlier who said that the sounds from the game were rather loud (though I'd say the volume of your voice is okay). Combined with unfamiliarity, when I heard the take off sound effect I thought something had been shot down.

One last critique - FOR YOOPER'S EYES ONLY: Is there any way to hide the "event fired" messages in the dialogue box during missions? I spotted them by accident, and although they didn't affect much here, in missions where you want to give us an unpleasant surprise it could cause problems. Perhaps consider non-indicative but memorable names for the events? If I had PMs I would've sent you one, but I figured it was more important to give you a heads up now while it's still minor.

I might just disable the sounds. There's the WHOOP WHOOP of new contact, a missile sound, an exploding sound, and a take off sound. We're not missing too much. Or I can edit them in if I'm feeling spunky.

In regard to REDACTED, I'm not sure. I had a city marker asset set to MERCS instead of CHINA so we saw the results. It's something I'll have to test out and see. I know on other scenarios you'll sometimes see events happening to allied forces.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

After our first successful mission I tallied up our munitions expenditure and took it out of our payment. If we don't want that done in the future please let me know. Otherwise I'll assume we want a full weapons loadout. Procuring additional weapons might also be very helpful given potential supply disruptions in the future. Or if we're running long term ops and need to reload.

Our Man in Washington

Jack is continuing to text me. He's working every angle I guess. I'm not too familiar with the world of lobbying but it seems to involve a great deal of alcohol. He sent a picture of himself with the Yugoslav Union defense under-minister, Uri Kolivic.

As part of the Yugoslav Unions debt process they are liquidating drat near everything in Greece. If it isn't bolted down, concreted in place, or walking, they are trying to sell it. But this is turning into a hot ticket and every two bit dictator and corporation wants some. loving Wal-Mart is in the bidding now.

He also sent me a list of potential jets from a secondary supplier in South Africa. I'm still collating the texts and parsing out the photos of Jack with strippers. But once that's done I'll give you guys some pricing.

Politics

The Chinese finally made a statement. They will continue to engage us, regardless of airspace, as if we were pirates on the high seas. Simple enough eh?

Nyingchi is barely holding. A rogue Chinese General has overthrown local rule to our east and has seized a portion of Sichuan province. One supply line to Tibet has been cut. All the Chinese have now is the rail line into Lhasa.

India is still amassing ground troops under the cover of halting the advance of rogue forces and refugees. In reality I'm seeing truckload after truckload of "volunteers" passing through. It's hotter than a monkeys nut sack here and everyone has winter clothes. I'll let you guys piece this together but it's looking like a Donbass surprise.

Speaking of surprises. A General named Xiao Zhen has taken command of the Lhasa air wing. This info came from Jack via the Indian ambassador. Supposedly he's a wily old bastard. Though of interest is his planes haven't arrived yet.

Mission

I'm putting together a mission package now. You guys are gonna love how this poo poo is going down. It's like walking into Mcdonalds and taking a dump in the ball pit. Everyone gets riled up.

It seems introducing a professional military organization into an unstable political situation escalates things.

Who knew?

Do you want a bulk order of ammunition? We can put our Airbus CN235 to use and haul in munitions. Please see the below chart of pricing. The mission is still settling in, but I can guarantee close air support and lots of it.

This chart shows how many we need for a full flight of each weapon.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I categorized our different weapons. All weapons loadouts have at least a pair of IRIS-T. Some, like the RB15F Anti-Naval package have Meteors as well. If you want me to provide more detail on a package let me know. I tried to smoosh it all into a nice infographic and said gently caress it.

The SK60B's are just rockets. Visual range only.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Random Axis posted:

This LP looks great! I really like the extra videos from our contacts. Go ahead and add me to the reserve list; callsign Topper.

Procurement-wise, can we get a good deal on some mini-subs if we are going to run a shady ecoterrorism side business?

Added!

Erm, I'm not sure on subs. I'd have to do more research to see what's modeled and available. Initially no, but who knows down the road.

JCDent posted:

Edit: it's Tapco, not Capco

Fixed!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

Yooper, what do our current ammo and equipment stocks look like? If we already have enough recon and targeting pods to go around, then there's no need to buy the extras.

The Sandman posted:

Looking around on the web, it looks like the Israelis have a line of anti-radar drones. Any idea if CMANO has them in its database and what they'd cost us if it does?

I don't see them at the moment, though they could get added in a database upgrade.

IAI Harop

Fake Edit : I like drones. I like drone weapons platforms. I'm posting to see if I can get them added to the DB.

It is in the game. It's marked as a SSM battery, a ground unit.

http://cmano-db.com/weapon/3271/

Yooper fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Apr 4, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

sparkmaster posted:

Seems like getting a utility helicopter should be a priority. Not only for SAR, if it comes to that, but a helicopter is an extremely flexible platform and can have many uses in this line of work. We can probably pick up a decent one on the cheap.

Given the high altitudes helicopters have great difficulty functioning with any sort of load. A full weapons loadout might be beyond what can be flown. (The game might let us, but it might be impossible.)

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

Here's how I'm thinking about it.

What missions we're going to get?
From what Yooper said, we're going to be getting a lot of air-to-ground missions, probably against troops, vehicles, and buildings. With the Chinese pissed off, we're going to be seeing J-11/Su-27 fighters, plus whatever older fighters the Chinese want to throw at us.

What equipment are we going to need?
For ordnance, we need dumb and precision air-to ground capabilities, and a lot of ammo so we can profit from targets of opportunity. To deal with the Flankers without risking Gripen losses, we need long-range air-to-air. That means Meteors. The Pk for a BVR missile shot is anywhere from 40-70%, so we're going to need to salvo multiple missiles per target to guarantee kills.

For aircraft, we need mud-movers that can kill ground targets without getting shredded. So, something that can carry precision munitions is pretty desirable.

Then, what do we need to buy?
We've got about $150 million to play with, so our budget for new toys will be a little tight.

For aircraft, the F-4s are the best choice for the A2G mission, since they can carry up to 12 GBU-12 laser-guided bombs. They can do the Gripen-style precision strike missions our SK 60s can't, which frees up our Gripens for the MiG CAP role.

I think the F-4s will probably cost in the neighborhood of $30-40 million apiece. And we need to factor in the cost of spares, compatible munitions, etc.

If we can't snag the F-4s, I'd like to suggest we go with the F/A-50 Golden Eagles. They only cost $25-30 million a pop. They're cheap to fly. They're supersonic. They've got a decent radar. They can carry Mavericks and JDAMs. In real life, they are rumored to carry AMRAAMs, although Yooper would have to mod this in in-game.

For ordnance, here's a conservative budget.

Air-to-air missiles
20 Meteor medium-range AAMs ($28,000,000)
20 IRIS-T short-range AAMs ($8,000,000)

Air-to-ground weapons
100 GBU-12 laser-guided bombs ($220,000).
30 RB 75 Maverick EO Missiles ($6,7500,000)
250 M/70 135mm rockets ($700,000)

Miscellaneous
25 1200-litre drop tanks ($475,000)

That's a grand total of $44,145,000.

This'd give us:
52 IRIS-T SRAAM
44 Meteors MRAAM
120 GBU-12s LGBs
24 GBU-49s LGB/GPSGB
50 Mavericks TV missiles
24 Mjolnir stand-off cluster munitions
394 125mm rockets
43 1200-litre drop tanks

That gives us enough money to buy 2-4 Phantoms (depending on cost), plus their air-to-air weapons.

Unless I see a different proposal I will go with this option and let you guys debate quantity of IRIS-T and Meteors.

Would it be better in the future to give options packages?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

That is the inside of the Atlanta county jail. What, you ask, does that have to do with Hired Goons?

Jack, Our Man in Washington, picked a fight with a stripper at one of Atlantas, erm, gentlemans clubs. Unfortunately for Jack this fine young woman was actually a man. By the time Jasmine finished kicking his rear end the Defense execs had left in the limo and Jack got a ride with the Atlanta Sheriff's Department. So I posted bail on his sorry rear end once he sobered up.

On one condition. He finally tell us what the hell the air frames are. So, without further ado, here it is.

Georgian Yak-130 Mitten 2010 http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/3952/ $7,000,000.00 / plane Qty 4
Indonesia Hawk 209 http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/4087/ $14,000,000.00 Qty 2
Indonesia SU-27SKM Flanker B http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/1700/ $21,000,000.00 1 (Not flight worthy. 5 million to repair, only 50% chance of success)
Russian SU-25 Frogfoot A http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/2513/ $8,500,000.00 Qty 12
South Korean FA-50 http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/3183/ $13,500,000.00 Qty 3
Pakistan JF-17 http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/365/ $19,000,000.00 Qty 2
Greece RF-4E http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/1528/ $5,500,000.00 Qty 2 20% chance at each mission that plane will not be flight worthy
Greece F-4E http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/2068/ $8,500,000.00 Qty 8 20% chance at each mission that plane will not be flight worthy
Greece Sperwer UAV http://cmano-db.com/aircraft/2520/ $1,500,000.00 Qty 6

Jack is on his way back to Washington to check into some swanky hangover spa. I have all of the contacts to place the order. I don't think we can take delivery in time to make the next mission. So. What'll it be?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

CBJamo posted:

Yooper, does the gripen-ew/growler exist in this timeline, and if it does, who's dick does Jack have to suck to get us some. Also, this LP is great and you're great for running it.

Not yet! As of now there is no Growler EW platform. I can't dig up any specs on what to expect, so I can't make a DB request.

HannibalBarca posted:

You could have called me, I'm in Atlanta, could have spared you the trouble.

(also it's the Fulton county sheriff my immersion is ruined)

You know I saw that earlier and totally forgot. Attention to detail, right?

I've seen a proposal to cut the IRIS and METEOR order in half along with various proposals for aircraft.

Please help me and the others decide about your awesome proposal.

Either bold your proposal, or stick the above proposal image on it. That way for more complex options people can just call out a vote for Proposal Goon-Fu or whatever.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Yooper, can we sell some of our SK105s? If so, for how much?

Yes. Half of street value in India, or roughly $600k each.

Quinntan posted:

If we don't buy aircraft now, will we have another chance to buy them later or are they gone for good?

They will be available later. However the price may vary depending on demand. In between theaters of operation it'll be possible to shop at BFLM and Ivanov's.

VKing posted:

Yooper, are you planning to do any fiddling with the aircraft loadouts in CMANO? E.g. allowing the F-4s to use RB 75s and/or letting them fly without all the weapons required for the default loadouts?

I need to explore this some more to be honest. Both technically and in game. If a retrofit is a matter of some wiring harnesses and 1/2-13 threads instead of M12, then we're OK. There would be a cost of some sort, but we can work that out. I'd certainly rather see you guys pay a one time retrofit fee than have to juggle missiles from eight different eras and nations. I also need to verify that it's not a royal pain in CMANO to do.

---

I'll let the discussion roll until this afternoon then we'll settle on a choice. In the future I'll break it apart into packages to simplify voting. After the fact we can always make adjustments and customize. Also I believe the pilot list is caught up. There's 57 pilots. Maybe we'll rotate on missions? Or just wait till someone dies? We'll see.

I'm expecting a very important call from an Indian General any moment.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The streets here have gone loving wild. Sweet Jesus. The Dalai Lama pulled out of his coma and just made a surprise visit to Arunachal Pradesh. This is a huge political statement showing that he stands behind the Indian government and not the TLA. China has a boner about this something fierce. The TLA spokesman just had a conniption fit on twitter. Shits gonna get real boys.

And don't even get me started about the guy in the yellow dong hat.

edit : Literally ripped from the headlines. I was gonna photoshop something like this but the real world helped me out.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Soup Inspector posted:

Yooper, if we sell our SK60Bs, will their pilots get auto-transferred to the Phantoms?

Yup! The only time I'd drop someone from the flight line in a similar situation is if they've flown a mission that way someone else gets a chance.

:catdrugs: :catdrugs:

Command Decision

Picking planes is fun. Making crazy mission choices is fun. Hiring juggalos is fun. Playing 21st century logistics simulator isn't as fun.

Ground rules for munitions.

• All prices are based on modern munitions
  • The older it is the higher the munitions modifier is. 10% per decade.
  • We tally up used ordnance at the end of missions and auto-replenish it.

This lets you fly whatever the gently caress you want, but still have to pay for it. Same for planes. If you want to fly a 1950's era jet, you can (if it's available), but the hourly flight cost will be exorbitant. A "medium" range A/A missile from 1961 will cost say, 60% more than the modern version. This accounts for the fact it's basically a museum piece you're paying some contractor to manufacture. You get modern day prices with 50 year old performance. This also saves me a big chunk of time playing in excel and juggling missiles. I think this gives us the realism of paying for what we need while also letting the fun shine through.

So your Rheinmetall RSD 58 will cost you $400,000 * 1.6 = $640,000 or thereabouts.

So disregard the previous ammo purchases. You guys have $88 mil to burn on planes. Or a boat. Or whatever.

(Just kidding on the boat. For now.)

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5, our own Stool Pigeon is doing a live-time 24 hour CMANO stream. No time compression.

https://www.twitch.tv/herpicleomnicron5

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAAIcsnILnk

Ladies and Gentleman, time to put on our big girl panties. This is a two pronged mission.

The primary mission, and the one we'll be paid for is to support the Indian Volunteers as they engage both Tibet-Chinese forces and the TLA. We will receive positional data on the front line units from the Volunteers on the ground. However there are likely more units behind them in the mountain passes. The Chinese Air Force is on stand down right now. There will be no Chinese Air Force over the Tibet operation zone. AAA is likely. MANPADS will be limited.

Payment is both for the mission itself AND for performance. The more assets we destroy, the further the lines move back, the more we're paid.

Secondary Mission

China has two bulk carriers coming into Sittwe. Each of these contains portable SAM's, modern MANPAD systems and mobile radar. This isn't the junk we've been dealing with in Tibet. With the rail line cut through Sichuan they are trying to reinforce the Eastern front in Tibet. Which means if we don't sink these boats we've got a big loving problem. The Indians aren't paying us for this job, but it'll make it much tougher to operate in Tibet if we don't kill them.

Here's the catch. We can't overfly Bangladesh. Going over Myanmar will create unpredictable results. We can, but we might have to deal with their air force too. It's not cutting edge by any means, but it could be nasty. Once we attack those ships the Myanmar Air Force is likely to respond. All we know is the ships are approaching Sittwe, but not the exact position.

It's going to be like finding a needle in a stack of needles.

More specifics to come.

Yooper fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 5, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

You already said more specifics to come, so sorry if this was already forthcoming, but I'm going to ask a really basic question: how would we identify the ship, practically speaking? Would we need overflights? I imagine it'd be too easy by far for the AWACS's surface search radar to just be able to tell us which one it is.

You just overfly it/get near enough. At long range you'll get a radar contact. Then it would resolve into a "Container Ship 7500 Ton" or some such. Then at closer range that turns into "Kill This Ship - Container Ship 7500 Ton".

koolkevz666 posted:

Guessing there is no chance that those are civilian bulk carriers and that we could find out their names and maybe possibly use https://www.vesselfinder.com/ to commit some war crimes. You know possibly.

Also Yooper is it possible in game for our planes to fly with their IFF disabled? Doubt it would help us too much but we could always have some planes fly just outside of Burma and look for those bulk carriers as they enter the harbour area and do a quick hit and run.

I don't think so in regards to IFF. You can fly without radar on, but Myanmar has a pretty extensive radar system. So it probably won't help much. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myanmar_Air_Force In this world Myanmar is an ally to China and has committed assets to help China in other theaters. So the stuff you see listed on Wikipedia isn't exact. But it's close.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Our esteemed Baloogan pointed me to an awesome resource.

https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Import?Location=imports%2F

You can use this to browse airfields, radar locations, and anything else that's in that database. Where applicable I'll be using this import on our missions. This is an awesome help as otherwise I was doing this all for each scenario. This makes my job so much easier.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

xthetenth posted:

Do we have the use of other Indian airbases, and if not do we want to use refueling to loop West of Bangladesh rather than needing fighters to tangle with Myanmar (we do have a tanker, right?)

We cannot use other Indian airbases. And yes, we have a tanker.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

nothing to seehere posted:

Can only the Gripens do underway refuelling, or out CAS planes do so aswell?

The Gripens have Probe Refueling. The SK60B's do not.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

In all cases maintenance cost and such are dependent on flight time for a mission. We get paid X dollars, subtract costs, and that's what we're left with. That way we can always keep flying, but losses might not be financially replaceable.

Chinese Air Force is not active in Tibet right now. Ships can be identified by MK1 Eyeball, or like Baloogan said, sensor packages, like that fancy sensor package that we happen to have two of for the Gripens. A hint, the 135mm missiles won't do much to a container ship.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

Cool, more planes for us to fly!

5 F-4E Phantom IIs ($42,500,000)
3 FA-50 Golden Eagles ($40,500,000)
2 Sperwer UAVs ($3,000,000)

That's a total cost of $86,000,000

While we're thinking about upgrades, it'd be great to get AMRAAMs and laser-guided bombs retrofitted to the Golden Eagles.

After the bomb boondoggle (sorry!) I've seen this motion and a motion to buy UAV's and four Phantoms. I also saw a comment to reduce the FA-50 quantity to 2.

No one seemed interested in the YAK-130's, Hawk 209, Broken SU-27, JF-17, or the RF-4E.

Unless I hear any motions otherwise I'll proceed with 2 FA-50's, 4 Phantoms, 2 UAV's. Call it another 6 hours or so.

You guys are breaking my heart by not buying that beautiful lizard that's the Frogfoot.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Here's a visual. I'll try to do stuff like this in the future to simplify things. Then, after the vote is done, we can wiggle details like adding a bird or customizing.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Going to do a retcon on the mission. India will provide tankers inside of Indian Airspace.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

xthetenth posted:

Would this allow something like an underway refuel of our tanker to get it sitting full in the middle of the Bay of Bengal with the AWACS as well as topping off the strike package right before it goes into the Bay?

Yes. We can set it to allow Tankers to Refuel Tankers.

Crazycryodude posted:

Is there a time limit on the CAS operations, or can we like kick in the door and let the SK's do their thing, then RTB and stock up with more explodey things and do it again? Repeat until everything not wearing an Indian flag is dead.

We can absolutely fly till we have to peel the pilots out of the cockpits. Like Baloogan said we can set up for quick turnaround. You've pretty much got sun-up to sun-down to run CAS with the SK60B's.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Quinntan posted:

Honestly there's no real reason to use the RBS-15s. We're going to need to confirm that we're launching at the right ship anyways, and we'll be far enough away from possible MANPADs to stay away from their defences.

I don't remember off-hand, but doesn't the Gripen have wingtip pylons? If so we should give the anti-ship strike pair a pair of IRIS-Ts too.

Nevermind, we're out of pylons for that idea.

Every Gripen loadout carries at least 2 IRIS-T's.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Quinntan posted:

Until the Burmese get annoyed with us for attacking civilian shipping off our coast. They're going to try to get us on the way out and we're going to have to deal with that.

The KC-135 should be enough to get a four-ship flight back over India anyways, and from then on the Indians will be able to get us home.

Yooper, would it be possible to hire an outfit like Omega Air in the future should we need to do larger operations of this sort?

Maybe? We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

For now remember that the Indian Air Force will refuel us to the Indian ocean.

The S 100 B does not have probe refueling. https://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=563

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Due to construction issues at Daiwei the freighters have been re-routed to Sittwe. This significantly reduces the distance we need to fly.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Kangra posted:

I have a question for Yooper about how this is working mechanically. Do our particular actions have some chance of instigating a response depending on how and when we take them (such that you don't know ahead of time what the Burmese response will be), or do the scenarios have to be more closely scripted (such that event X will trigger reaction Y, but the specific events are hidden from us).

Some actions are scripted into the scenario. If you pass certain points or do certain things either a LUA script fires or the Event Editor turns on, or off, a mission, or sets a status. Some stuff is pseudo random so even I don't know exactly how a scenario will run. I'll make three missions, each more aggressive than the last, and only one of the three would execute. Or they won't execute at all if you guys don't hit certain tripwires.

Other actions, like how well we do against a ground opponent, are more free form. CMANO doesn't simulate ground combat between tanks or mortars so I have to wild-rear end-guess it. If you really go off the reservation and decide to sink every boat near Chittagong or bomb an orphanage or something then I'd adjust the political situation.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Voting is Final.

I'll tally this all up and try to make sense of it. So we'll know in a couple of hours. I'm also going to have the full mission brief tonight. (I hope)

Of interest to everyone, we've been approached by a Boots on the Ground sort of mercenary group who is looking for a seed investment. The investment coordinator is a certain Phi230. So keep this in mind, I believe it'll be a professional group of steely eyed infantry man. (Who probably won't disappear with our money...)

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Can we get a little more info on these new guys? I'm certainly not opposed to starting our own land branch.

I've been told to expect a prospectus and business lecture with beer and stale pretzels.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The Phantom-Frog pack will arrive after the next mission. And speaking of that mission we'll have some intel coming soon.

Bacarruda and Psawhn have both made proposals in regard to the strike. I'll link that and we can go from there.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

The Marine Session

Target #1 Mao's Wisdom 5750t Container Ship - Arriving from Shanghai

The Mao's Wisdom is carrying munitions and radar. It has a checkered registry ranging from Moldova to Philippine but always traceable back to China. That they're hauling munitions like this in a Chinese registered ship says something about the desperation to halt this front. Of particular note is container of the JY-14 radar systems.

We have no information regarding armament or upgrades.

Target #2 Red Blossom 9500t Container Ship - Arriving from Angola

The Red Blossom was originally carrying SAM's systems to Angola, including a Chinese variant of the venerable ZSU-23 system. Of more worry is a very large collection of MANPAD's, FN-6, QW-3, and a limited quantity of Verba's. This ship was interdicted by the US Navy off Somalia a few years back after hauling weapons to some very unsavory characters.

We do have footage of her at Cape Town and saw no armament. But, there was a Chinese Frigate spotted shortly after.

As I stated before. These are optional targets. They are closing in on Sittwe. Once they get into Myanmar territorial waters we run the risk of dragging Myanmar into the conflict against us. If we breach Myanmar airspace we can guarantee a hefty response. If we fire upon the container ships we will get a response, though likely less.

Myanmar Air Force

Myanmar has a fairly robust radar system all along the coast line. What they lack in fighters they make up for in coverage. The Air Force has been assisting China in the Sichuan theater and in the Northern operations. We can expect a range of J-6, J-7, and MIG-29's. They may have JF-17's as well. Our intel is unclear.

They will not breach Indian or Bangladeshi air space though they may fire into it. The pilots on hand are not trainees but veterans of fighting in the East.

The CAS Up North

Under cover of darkness two regiments of Indian "Volunteers" crossed the border and took Nyingchi. The Volunteers are a mix of Indians and Tibetan exiles. They have a serious lack of heavy armament, hence why we're here. The TLA pushed up in one mountain pass to the South. The Chinese-Tibetan Army is pushing back, hard, in a pass to the North. Make no mistake, without our robust support these units will crumble. India won't cross the border to offer air support.

We have intel on the ground about units in contact with Chinese Mech Infantry Platoons, ZSU-57's, MLRS Artillery, Type 59 MBT's, and a forward operating base. More units are likely inbound.

It's been confirmed. The air wing in Lhasa is grounded. Expect no Chinese air intervention.

The TLA units moving up are much lighter. Infantry. Mortars. Some old Chinese T-55 knock-offs, and HN-5B MANPAD's. They also have forward operating bases that our intel folks picked up. They have halted in contact with the Volunteers and seem content to hold where they are, until an opening arises.

Payment

The Indians have provided an interesting incentive. Beyond a mission salary we're also receiving a performance bonus. The more we destroy, the more we get paid. Thank Jack, Our Man in Washington, for lobbying hard on this one.

Speaking of payment : $25,000,000 plus performance. Destruction of UN personnel will significantly reduce payout.

Everyone knows the "Volunteers" are Indian backed. But it gives them deniability. So India needs us, and needs us something fierce. The UN still wants to conduct humanitarian operations but for the moment has halted all shipments.

So there it is Hired Goons. So far we have plans from Bacarruda and Psawhn.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

sparkmaster posted:

Now that we're hiring mercs, could we "commandeer" the chinese frigate?

Down the road, sure, why not. For now they're just a bunch of goofballs with Soldier of Fortune magazine subscriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

In regards to the, erm, Mr. Patrovic. We'll find a way to integrate them into the narrative somehow. If the pacing is slower (as it's an RPG) then we'll make sure that we at least get our moneys worth on occasion. Or not. Such are the risks.

Hopefully it's hilarious.