Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Come to think of it, they really should've just leaned into the Naruto role model thing and had Sarada in a Orange/Black jumpsuit to satisfy all fans.

I wish it wasn't the biggest thing for me to discuss, but it's just so distractingly cringey, especially since they're putting her front and center so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

Huh, Boruto is cool now (though on the other hand his personality seems to have become a bit more Sasuke-esque but that’s understandable). Still not a fan of Sarada’s design but post timeskip Cho Cho looks pretty good at least

Turns out Sasuke is kinda cool when you take away all the things that made him suck as a person!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

Turns out Sasuke is kinda cool when you take away all the things that made him suck as a person!

Yeah, I actually kind of like Boruto era Sasuke to be honest (the anime helped with this as well). Also considering everything, staying out of his daughter’s life for the most part was ironically probably the best thing he could have done for her as a parent (as such, Sarada is probably the most well adjusted Uchiha there’s been in years)

Speaking of, I’ll be curious to see when they finally decide to bring back the Boruto anime (probably next year at the earliest since the OG era specials have also been delayed for whatever reason)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sasuke finally grew up by being a father and mentor. he didn't learn a single loving thing during his years of self-imposed exile, which is how sarada gaiden happened.

now sarada is the edgelord, but she's pretty justified in this. she spent years surrounded by people whose memories were altered, and had to see the two people who did it on a regular basis. also, sasuke is considered a traitor again, which was done on her behalf. then there's the fact that she's a teenage uchiha who gets no respect.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 22, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, while she’s not going to the extremes her father did (I originally was expecting her to leave the village along with Boruto and maybe Sumire) even Sarada isn’t completely immune to the Uchiha curse it seems (and as mentioned in this case she’s justified in it). I wonder if she’ll get a Mangekyou at some point

Speaking of, it’s weird we haven’t seen Sakura yet as I’m curious how she’s handling all this (also who’s taking care of Himawari now?)

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Larryb posted:

Yeah, while she’s not going to the extremes her father did (I originally was expecting her to leave the village along with Boruto and maybe Sumire) even Sarada isn’t completely immune to the Uchiha curse it seems (and as mentioned in this case she’s justified in it). I wonder if she’ll get a Mangekyou at some point

She literally did right before the timeskip. Though we don't know if she's aware of it or has learned to use it yet.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

She literally did right before the timeskip. Though we don't know if she's aware of it or has learned to use it yet.

I forget, when did it appear?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

I forget, when did it appear?

When she asked Sasuke to save Boruto.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

When she asked Sasuke to save Boruto.

Ah right, I remember now. But as mentioned it’s just a matter of whether she’s aware of/can control it currently

Also curious how far away we are from catching up with the prologue now (though first the village needs to be destroyed and Kawaki needs to take on a more Otsutsuki esque form)

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

It's an interesting flip, the Uzumaki who is still actually loyal to the village is the missing-nin, and the Uchiha who's loyalty is seriously being called into question is the one still in the village.

e. Also, another interesting flip, when their fathers first reunited there was a profound sense dismissiveness from Sasuke and betrayal from Naruto. When Boruto and Sarada reunite, they immediately completely trust each other.

There are layers here, calling back to the beginning of Shippuden, that are distinctly Kishimoto's writing. The Master has disposed of the last of Kodachi's plans and is firmly back in control, finally.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 22, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

Why's it gotta look like a reject PS2 era Final Fantasy design of impracticality.

It's much worse than this IMO. It's not even just a matter of being impractical or inappropriate (which you can see in countless other manga - if anything it's the norm) - it's inappropriate in a really weird and unusual way. The way I've described it in the past is that Sarada is drawn/dressed like a girl at an American beauty pageant. The specific thing that's disturbing and hosed up about it is the way this minor is being dressed up (and posed, etc) like an adult.

That aside, though, the comic has been really good!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, we’re getting a new game:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yowAmloydVY

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Shneak posted:

Not sure how I feel about this timeskip. The pacing is very weird.

With Naruto's timeskip the Sasuke rescue plot continued but it also soft rebooted in a way with the new Team 7, the Akatsuki, and the Hidden Sand mission.

in hindsight goddrat did part 2's fights suck pre-Jiraiya Vs Pain

it's so weird how the quality of the fights changed

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Early part 2 had Chiyo + Sakura vs. Sasori and even the spectacle fight of four-tailed Naruto vs. depowered Orochimaru (although apparently not being able to use his arms for jutsu didn't stop him from using the summon technique) so I kinda disagree. I can see Hidan vs Shikamaru being a bit contentious because of how the tension introduced near the end felt very artificial in its resolution,

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Sasuke vs. Deidara was also a lot of dumb explody fun.

e. To hell with Rock Lee SD, gimme a whole Deidara, Tobi and Pals SD. Basically what I need in my life is more goofy silly Tobi / Obito trolling the poo poo out of everyone because it's the only remaining source of joy he has left.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 1, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

in hindsight goddrat did part 2's fights suck pre-Jiraiya Vs Pain

it's so weird how the quality of the fights changed

Please do not take Sakura's one fight away from her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a good fight, but it was chiyo's fight. sakura served a purely supporting role from start to finish.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

rndmnmbr posted:

Sasuke vs. Deidara was also a lot of dumb explody fun.

The ending is bad so it detracts from it somewhat (especially since they could have just justified Sasuke surviving with Tobi saving him) but it's a great fight up to that point. Not sure I ever thought the hatred of sharingan from Deidara was particularly well-done, it kinda comes off the left field, since he barely even reacted to Kakashi's sharingan and I don't remember him having very contentious interactions with Itachi, but seeing him go all out and genuinely pushing Sasuke was a lot of fun.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it was a good fight, but it was chiyo's fight. sakura served a purely supporting role from start to finish.

The sad part is that it's still the most she does as an actual fighting ninja so still shouldn't be taken away from her.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spoilers are out, and the raw has leaked, if anyone is into that sorta stuff

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

McCloud posted:

Spoilers are out, and the raw has leaked, if anyone is into that sorta stuff

Reading leaked speed scans really brings me back.

It's a very comprehensible chapter.

Poor Bug. Guess Code is losing control of the Claw Grimes. Still, what's left doesn't look particularly strong or dangerous.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-two-blue-vortex-chapter-3/chapter/40368?action=read

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It's nice to see that Boruto isn't a flaming idiot like his father.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Boruto is showing the value of a two parent household.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that was pretty clever all around. bort not only sent him packing, but also left him very shaken up and thinking real hard about the ten tails. of course he'd run home!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Cool move as well. I’m a big fan of Code being an allmighty loser.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sasuke Jr. is great.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's nice to see the protagonist of a ninja series do actual ninja poo poo for a change.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dawgstar posted:

Sasuke Jr. is great.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Boruto Uchimaki.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

Sasuke Jr. is great.

My Son Is Also Named Sasuke Jr.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sasuke trained his son well

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Good poo poo, I like it when our protagonist is a competent person with well developed plans.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
naruto may have ended the cycle of violence but he is another victim to the cycle of parental neglect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm glad Boruto has mastered The Spin.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TheHan posted:

naruto may have ended the cycle of violence but he is another victim to the cycle of parental neglect.

To be fair, he’s currently trapped in another dimension alongside his wife

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, he was being a bad father and husband by abusing shadow clones to "be there" without actually being around his family, but he got some sense knocked into him and stopped doing it.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Good poo poo, I like it when our protagonist is a competent person with well developed plans.

That first part seems true, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about how his plans turn out.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The enemy is Code, anyone can out think him. It’s great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Spoilers and raws and translations are out

The Uchiha can't catch a break, huh