Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

ninjewtsu posted:

does she ever actually do anything though

She punched an alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hamelekim posted:

Meh, I liked the Manga version of this fight better personally, at least the ending of it.

I like the Boruto manga too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Say Nothing posted:

So, how many weeks of Boruto's Dad's Son clashing with Even More Emo Sasuke are we going to get?

Probably 0 given the last few pages.

It's pretty amazing how well Sarada turned out.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

For the Manga readers:
Is it me, or is the fight with Delta the most boring fight in borito/Naruto ever. It doesn't feel fast and the strategy they refer to is invisible to us. It doesn't help that it feels like their are no stakes.

I've liked it so far. Naruto getting gored through the stomach, hoping to trick Delta into giving up information was pretty great and I've been liking Delta's Juugo-esque ninja-tech.

If by no stakes you mean that you know Naruto will win...well, we know that he doesn't win as per chapter 1.

In sum, I think it's alright. I did prefer the kids fighting more though.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 24, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, speaking of the manga, there was a new chapter. Naruto gets mad and smashes his opponent. Somewhat literally this time. Whatever Kara is, it doesn't seem like they're strong enough to challenge Naruto head on, which is pretty unsurprising.

The manga usually keeps a good pace (minus some battles which feel a bit slower) which I appreciate. It also has some nice character moments like Naruto being a good dad to Kawaki. It also had that gag of Naruto having to break up a fight while on the toilet which I found hilarious because I am 5 years old.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hamelekim posted:

Manga is getting really interesting.

I'm not sure if we can discuss that openly because the anime is probably going to go that way eventually.

Not a plot spoiler but this made me laugh. Poor Naruto.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Here's a link to the Viz Boruto Chapter 37 for those interested.

I appreciate Jigen trying to dump Naruto in an alternate dimension and bailing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's tough when you don't have a healer with you.

I think we have a good accounting of what is going on in the first chapter now. Looks like Kawaki is possessed and it sounds like that Naruto isn't getting out...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, Mizuki is so broken.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Big fan of Kawaki's plan being use the Sharingan and figure it out Sarada.

I was surprisingly hype for Chidori.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Come on man Naruto says it all the time. Don't act like you don't know it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, I was going to say that Jiraiya looked real dead but they had Ao survive and we just watched Boro regenerate both halves of his body no problem so I guess it's possible. It just feels weird to me because he would have killed Boruto if Ao didn't have a last second change of heart.

Congrats to Boruto for finally getting his Byakugan though!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I guess Kaguya ate the first fruit early on since there seemed to be plenty of life. Or Amado is wrong. I wonder exactly what the point of all of this is for other members of Kara. Like, what do they gain from killing the planet?

Shikamaru dropping his cool facade when Shikadai gets threatened was nice since he's usually stuck being the RULES guy.

Kashin Koji talking about being created...normally I wouldn't take that literally but given the crazy medical tech Kara has...Jiraiya clone?

Jigen is an rear end in a top hat boss.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

Also he looks nothing like Jiraiya to me. He’s probably just a random guy who also just happens to be able to use toad summons.

Speaking of the anime, is Boruto also one of the ones that recently got put on hiatus due to the coronavirus?

Yes. They've stopped production.

He doesn't look like Jiraiya to me either but I like humoring this theory. Though, he did do a one handed Rasengan.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 21, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Konohamaru is the one who taught Boruto Rasengan. He was actually super excited to teach it. But that reduces Naruto's student pool to 1.

Kakashi can do Rasengan as well so he's another possible teacher though Kakashi's thing was failing all of his students.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It all adds up. Kakashi is Kashin Koji. That's why he only wears the upper face mask. No one would recognize his mouth.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

So apparently there was a new episode this week. Does that mean Boruto isn’t going on hiatus after all or does said hiatus officially start now (or alternatively that they made enough episodes beforehand that there’s a bit of a buffer to get through in this case)?

Nice episode in any case, it’s rare we get a Himawari spotlight.

Hiatus from now on. This was their buffer.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Boruto visiting the Hidden Mist Village is ever so briefly acknowledged too.

I really like the Boruto manga overall but I think I can agree that the anime is a superior version since it's allowed to just do so much more. Then again, anime watchers will never get to experience the bewilderment that was Sasuke's initial manga hair cut.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, congrats to Jigen for having one of the more horrific states in the Naruto/Boruto world.

Also some nasty eye crimes on that Koji clone.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

Alright, so I guess that theory of Koji being (or at least being related to in some way) Jiraiya might actually be true. Only question is how and why.

For how...clone seems to be plausible. Kara is all about ninja science and technology so I don't think Orochimaru's tech is beyond them. Or even if it is, stealing the knowledge probably isn't beyond them.

As for why...Jiraiya was a powerful and intelligent ninja. For someone who had to be a double agent for a long time, that's one of the better choices. Plus, he already has a summoning contract.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wait, we're still on Jiraya? I concede the obvious use of Toad-based jutsu, but is a little too clever for Jiraya, who was a little bit more unga. Sarutobi, maybe.

I think the Swamp technique and Naruto's apparent recognition of the fighting style really tilt it towards Jiraiya for me. But, aside from the toads, I can't say the rest doesn't make sense with Sarutobi (Naruto has seen Sarutobi fighting before right?).

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 20, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mangaplus too.

So obviously the big reveal is Kashin Koji's true identity. Then we have Isshiki finally revived. I get Jojo vibes every time I look at him. Also, a new magic eye!

But what really stuck out to me is Sasuke casually chopping apart Kawaki's arm.

Larryb posted:

Chapter’s out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-47/chapter/20637?action=read

Also out of curiosity has the anime started back up again yet?

I haven't seen anything official. I've only see announcements from places that already got return dates wrong.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

So has there been any official confirmation as to when the anime is coming back yet?

Might as well. July 5th confirmed apparently.

And yeah, it's been fun talking about ancient aliens with you all.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Props to Isshiki for putting on a baller coat and pulling out a wine glass. Gotta win in style.

I was expecting Koji to die but this works better. Amado actually betrayed Koji too. What a jerk.

Darth TNT posted:

Clone Koji is better at sage mode. He can do it without help or deformation

He does have the advantage of an artificial body.

Teek posted:

The Rain stuff is a bit nonsensical, if only because we saw zero shinobi in the last great war from any non-five great shinobi nation. Really just a problem on Kishimoto's part that he completely forgets that those shinobi exist. The characters in this episode mentioned that Rain situation was a result of the last great war, well if the battlefields were far from the Rain and we saw no Rain shinobi participate other than dead ones... how exactly did that happen? Unless they meant the even earlier great shinobi wars.

Earlier wars most likely. I am kind of surprised that the Hidden Rain is in a worse state than it was in Naruto but I guess some promises are tough to keep.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 20, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't believe it. Though, to its credit I can recognize everyone.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, relying on Momoshiki certainly shows how dire the situation is.

Also, stop stabbing people's eyes Isshiki! Jeeze.

Not sure how they will keep Isshiki there though.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 20, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

TheKirbs posted:

He a great father, not to his own child but it's something.

Question why do, Naruto and Sasuke who beat Momoshiki and his partner who's name I can't be bothered to look up, need Momoshiki to beat Isshiki?

I do love they show how useless shuriken still are when Issiki throws them back the only resonse to all 3 hitting (one in the face) is an "Ow!" and the guy being fine next panel.

I mean, Naruto wanted Boruto to be safe. Sasuke is the one like "dw if you get possessed by an alien I'll kill you" and chucked him into danger.

Naruto and Sasuke fought a weaker Isshiki and lost. Admittedly, they have a much better idea of what Isshiki can do this time while previously they went in blind.

Also what MonsterEnvy said. The other guy got a big ouch.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Schubalts posted:

Something something hard work over genius.

That was always kind of silly when we had Naruto and Sasuke spending all night in the woods to learn to walk on trees.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Guess Isshiki still cares about the family rules even now.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

For all the talk about strategy in the fights in this thread, Naruto and Sasuke constantly bumrush as if they've lost their single shared brain cell, and it's really unfun to read, not gonna lie.

Well, the initial bum rush was Sasuke desperately trying to save Boruto and Naruto having to cover for both Boruto and Sasuke. Once they were able to fight normally they did actually come up with a quick flanking maneuver.

TheHan posted:

There was a noticeable lack of them employing any of the strategies that they just learned work against Isshiki, but I still think up to this point we saw some clever logic being used to counter him. The super saiyan slobberknockers that late stage Naruto dips into don't really lend themselves to that kind of thinking, so when it's time to bust out the super moves Naruto charges in with two vanilla Rasengans even though he should know it won't work.

Well, they already used their knowledge of Isshiki's shrinking to warp him away in the first place (disguising Boruto as a weapon). Past that, their knowledge ends since they didn't get to watch the second part of the fight with KK and Isshiki doesn't have a Karma any more.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 18, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8tzQiuqszw

It's always really funny when the villain kills the music.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The manga can be rough pacing wise because it's a monthly release (and the initial art was...unique) but I like it. It's also a far less commitment than the anime.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Himawari as is works as a background character. If she led the series she'd have to get some flaws.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It was really funny to see the Viz and Mangaplus servers die the moment the new DB Super and Boruto chapters dropped.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Not much to talk about besides speculating about what this FORBIDDEN TECHNIQUE is going to be.

Amado's knowledge isn't perfect. Or he was being polite to Sumire.

For all of Isshiki's bluster, he's probably actually worried about being stalled out since he keeps on offering to let people go.

Darth TNT posted:

It’s okay, it fits here just as well

Chapter was okay, but man the pacing is so bad with so much exposition and people repeating what the other just said.

I guess these points are supposed to be important with them being repeated. :shrug:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah Samurai 8 had the classic follow-up problem of wanting to jump right to the massive worldbuilding you eventually had by the end of your last series all at once instead of pacing it out like you did the first time

Yeah, there was pretty much endless world building. Given the way the final chapters went though, I'm kind of disappointed that it didn't get more story.

I'm not sure what to say about this. Maybe a joke about stepping in since Sasuke has been getting his rear end beat recently.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 16, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shneak posted:

I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see the B-cast of characters participate more beyond Naruto/Sasuke/Team 7 getting all the action and I could see Kishimoto doing so. Rock Lee, Kiba, hell give me Tenten.

I mean...Kishimoto didn't really care about that B-cast when he had a weekly manga. Now that they're C-cast in a monthly manga...

Well, maybe Boruto can try and get them a ninja trading card in the anime.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 17, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

Mangaplus new Burrito

Actually, I like this a lot. It makes a surprising lot of sense and ties back to the the whole "Chakra meant to connect lives" thing.

New form looks terrible though.

Kurama knows what nuclear fusion is?

I liked it a lot too. At first I was really worried that it was just Naruto getting Ultra Instinct. Catching the tiny chakra rods was pretty sweet though.

Also kind of funny how Isshiki was stuck just trying to strangle Naruto at the end.

Thinking about it, this is Kishimoto's first chapter right?

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 20, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sindai posted:

I can't can believe Boruto and Mitsuki beat the invincible bad guy with a love love tenkyoken.

Oh uh Sarada was there too I guess. Props for at least letting her crack the shell with her super punch.

All that training to...just run at the enemy with Rasengan.

Manga Spoilers Come on Kawaki, you can't have looked at Deepa and thought "I can't handle this".

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought it was a pretty good episode this week but it's easy to make me nostalgic about Naruto. Of course the explanation for Ao survived the Biju bomb was "uh...under a rock I guess". Personally, the exact details never really mattered to me but I liked seeing a bit of Ao's ninja rehab and getting a bit more of Ao's thinking.

Yes, looks like the next manga arc is being set up.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

More eye violence nooooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I remember back when being able to use water jutsu without a water source was supposed to be special. Of course, that ship has sailed a long, long, long time ago.

I like the new OP and Ending.