Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sai had issues, but he was willing to put in the work to deal with them instead of dedicating his life to acting how he thought was cool when he was 12 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unlike naruto, bort is just a naturally gifted ninja. however, there have been several 'normal' ninjas who were completely ridiculous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sharingan are more powerful but byakugan don't give you brain problems so it is clearly better.

also, apparently byakugan and sharingan aren't related now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dexo posted:

Technically they are. (This is from memory so specifics might be wrong)

All Occular powers come from Kaguya who had both a Byakugan and a Rinnegan/Sharingan. She had some kids, and the sage of six paths essentially split the eye powers into one kid, and the other kid gets the Senju stuff. Indra and Ashura, I think

nah, i looked it up. byakugan comes from the sage's brother who only got the briefest of mentions in the manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, you'd think that maybe the indra and ashura bloodlines reuniting might be some big special thing, but that's not what happened thanks to an in-continuity movie.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm sure the plan was that there'd be at least as many Eyes as there were Tailed Beasts, but Sasuke needed to stay special so in the end he gets the only two that matter.

That's how you unlock the Rinnegan, right? That's technically a big deal.

that's the supposed natural way to get a rinnegan, but not a single person ever met those requirements. sasuke got his from the sage, madara got his by swapping spit with hashirama, and pain's were just madara's hand-me-downs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think he had met kisame back then

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
orochimaru is impossible to kill, and at the end of the war all sins were forgiven so why not try to make peace with him?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
orochimaru is a weird gross child molester but he is still a better dad than sasuke. he saw the biggest douchebag in all the land get a pass because beloved hero naruto vouched for him. any kid of his would have a hard time being accepted because their dad was a weird gross child molester, but if mitsuki latched on to someone like naruto he might have an easier time.

it totally worked.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, he could quasi-teleport new clones to the office if something happened. for important meetings and such, sure, he should be present, but for paperwork, why not use a clone? it's not like anything dire would happen if he was delayed by 5 minutes every time his clone sat on a thumbtack or some dumb poo poo.

the real reason is that naruto has to be an absentee father because otherwise kishi's story about absentee fathers wouldn't work. it's a really important subject to him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, i thought that he figured out how to make clones to use as new bodies?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think, on top of it being a good set up for the story, you gotta consider that Naruto can't possibly be a 9am to 9pm Ninja President *and* a 24/7 father. Shadow Clones aren't infinite stamina, and both roles are a massive burden. He's already shown to be constantly burnt out with being Hokage, which is the job he has to do, so i'm guessing it's more of a failing to find the right balance of sending out clones to spread himself all the time, and not being able to afford messing up with clones in the office.

he can be in far more than two places at once, so why couldn't he be in exactly two?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Thankfully we'll get the Naruto/Sakura ship we never wanted via proxy of their children. Unless Boruto and Mitsuki develop a relationship.

Boruto is so much better than his father at his age though, he pulls off the cool "I want to be friends with everything" without going through Naruto's awful teenage phase.

oddly enough, naruto's motivation was never becoming friends with everyone. he had some really weird hangups about friendship, and despite being much closer to many of his other peers he fixated on his one true friend (who he never really spent much time with and didn't like him very much). instead, his primary motivation was gaining recognition and respect from a town where everyone without a name and face hated his guts. it worked, even. naruto's really popular among the nameless, faceless crowd now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sarada will take after her mother, and find the worst possible person to marry. like i dunno, edo tensei danzou or something.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sindai posted:

Too bad in the sequel to Bort he's going to be inexplicably married to the class rep.

worse, salad. poor, doomed salad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Umbreon posted:

Did they ever reveal who Rock Lee had a kid with

budding

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chakra gatling guns are basically mass-produced narutos. it's not like naruto ever used stealth, so the world is just following his lead and focusing on brute force instead of traditional ninja poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mymla posted:

Yeah, this team 7 so far is much better than the last, which basically worked by Naruto and Sasuke kinda just doing their own thing while Sakura watched and got scared a lot.

well, the old team 7 ran a few errands in town, had a single mission (while sakura contributed nothing), took an exam (while sakura contributed nothing), fought a giant sand monster (while sakura contributed nothing), and then years later fought a moon god (while sakura contributed nothing). also, i'm pretty sure that sasuke and naruto fought against each other more times than they fought alongside each other. i don't see how bort & co could possibly be worse than the previous team 7.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
her 'holding her own' was the most pathetic poo poo imaginable. she could only use the most basic ninja elementary school poo poo, like not even an exploding tag. sakura definitely needed that year of low-danger apprenticeship most kids took before attempting the chuunin exam, unlike every other kid in her ninja elementary school class. i guess no one thought they needed to explain to her that she needed to learn new skills and improve since sakura was supposed to be the smart one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Larryb posted:

True, if you think about it Sakura in part 1 was actually lower on the totem pole in regards to fighting than even Tenten was. She has no actual skills beyond the very basics and what she does learn later all comes from Tsunade's playbook (which Sakura still never really uses quite as effectively).

Which kind of makes me wonder how Sarada learned to fight as effectively as she does considering her mom pretty much sucks and her dad is barely around.

sakura barely managed to reach a draw against ino via her undiagnosed mental illness. but then, even though ino was the second weakest person in the exam that's just because she wasn't terribly suited for 1 on 1 matches. that's a world of difference from sakura, who was equally useless in both team and solo battles.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
salad's most important trait is something she didn't get from either of her parents- mental stability

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
another problem with bleach filler is that they had to cut into that ridiculous single arc that lasted for years in real time and like a day in the story repeatedly. so on top of the filler arcs being terrible, they also couldn't fit into continuity because there were no openings for them to happen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kakashi as a versatile and tricky opponent would only work if he had more stamina than an asthmatic 10 year old. he only lasts for like 5 minutes, max, so he always had to go for the big one-shot move.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be better if it was because he was in a fight somewhere instead of doing deeply important paperwork that he couldn't possibly leave for an hour, along with the clone popping in the dumbest way imaginable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i still don't see why he can't use clones to do paperwork

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heads of state work much better hours than weekly mangaka

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real reason naruto alone spends his every waking hour on paperwork is because he is barely literate. it turns out chucking an orphan baby into an apartment with a box of instant ramen and shrugging isn't so great for mental and social development.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a ninja tool that no one else has access to. in theory, anyone could be like tenten and produce infinite useless throwing weapons from her infinite useless scrolls.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sindai posted:

I enjoyed Sasuke's surprised reaction to Bort already knowing that friends are good.

even after multiple savage beatings sasuke's definition of friend is more like casual acquaintance you cross the street to avoid talking to. perhaps more beatings are in order?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no, because it sucks and no one reads it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uchiha go nuts because they care too much :jerkbag:. the subject of their affection doesn't need to be another uchiha. so, sasuke isn't protecting sarada from uchiha bullshit, just the fact that the village still low-key hates his guts with good reason.

that, or sasuke assumed that no one could love sakura, not even their daughter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately sarada is unlikely to escape the propensity for making terrible decisions she inherited from both her parents.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if your nephew recommended bee beating the ever-living-gently caress out of sasuke then he has good taste and you should listen to him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's true, sasuke's potential was never fulfilled. he could have been punched in the dick so much more over the years. ah, what a terrible waste.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a miracle that there was ever a second generation of the aburame clan

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Perhaps Shino is unusually shy for a member of his clan?

i'm not sure what shyness has to do with being infested with insects from head to toe and beneath the skin

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if it's reclassified as a city then they'd need to hire administrative staff instead of having all work done by a single blonde man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you say that like there is a medium that treats hinata well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's possible for sasuke to grow up, but i don't think sakura can ever grow out of being sasuke's #2 fan (naruto is still #1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

All this talk of family reminded me of something....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to VAGUELY remember that Karin and Naruto are distant blood relations through his mother.

they are, but this was never actually addressed.