Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not sure why I started watching this but I did, and in episode 4 I heard the voices of Mami and Tomomi from SCANDAL as random background characters

I dont know anything about this series, I barely made it into Shipuden but I recognize the parents of most of the kids. Is the manga running along side this series roughly the same? It looks like it's coming out once a month only which makes me truly afraid this series is going to go into filler hell before it even hits episode 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The more I watch this series the more I wonder why for so long clans stuck to themselves and there were BARELY any cross-overs between them creating more hybrid children like Boruto that had two different clans main abilities.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I'm rewatching Gaara VS Lee and I could not disagree more with whomever said Boruto is better than Naruto ever was even though I haven't seen it yet.
Pre-Shippuden had some of the better arcs of any anime. I'd put the exams up there as one of my favorite arcs of all time with stuff like Waters 7 from One Piece and the Dark Tournament from Yu Yu Hakusho

Unfortunately all the weebs were catching up with Naruto at school and I was embarrassed to read/watch Naruto right around the time Shippuden started and had 700 episodes of filler.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

Boruto is a little less typically shonen and has been almost entirely "filler" up to this point, while still having a really high and consistent level of quality. i think that actually has a lot of people worried about the quality when it starts adapting some less good content from the manga/movies, but i will hold optimism in my heart. so far it has also had some great focus moments for a wider portion of the cast than Naruto did at this point.
The difference between the Boruto "filler" and the Naruto FILLER is that Boruto just has a vague direction right now and no major dangling plot points that need addressed while Naruto had the show go into 80 episodes of filler that was both mediocre and had left so many cliffhangers before it was easy to burn out on. It was like Bleach being derailed during the Bount arcs which were what, like 100 episodes of filler? At least the Bleach Unknown Zanpakto/Sword Rebellion stuff was genuinely entertaining.

I guess the alternative to filler is the glacial place the One Piece anime moves at that makes it almost unwatchable.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

How did Sai ever play out? I saw his intro episodes and pushed into the team with Naruto and Sakura and felt like, at the time, they were trying to push in Poochie. I'm all caught up in Boruto and he has a pretty happy relationship with Ino and a happy child too, but I have no idea what his role was in the original series. From when I stopped, Shikamaru and Temari was legitimately the only couple with legitimate rapport since they had a thing going all the way back in the original exams.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sai's role was basically similar to Gaara's except less interesting. He's there to show Naruto is a good influence on people since this emotionless child weapon became a better person thanks to interacting with him.

He never does anything and he and Ino never really talk but I kinda liked him. I'm glad Ino got to marry a hot boy like she always dreamed and one that's cooler and a much better husband than Sasuke.
Thankfully we'll get the Naruto/Sakura ship we never wanted via proxy of their children. Unless Boruto and Mitsuki develop a relationship.

Boruto is so much better than his father at his age though, he pulls off the cool "I want to be friends with everything" without going through Naruto's awful teenage phase.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

We didn't even see Rock Lee's own parents.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

seiferguy posted:

My honest feeling is that Rock Lee is an orphan, with his parents possibly killed in the 9 tails attack. When he's hospitalized after Gaara nearly kills him, no one shows up. The fact that he looks up to Might Gai like a dad seems to validate this.
Maybe Rock Lee adopted his son

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Larryb posted:

I think it might have gotten a little better as it went on (not by much though) but yeah, the pacing in early Shippuden is glacial (not sure if it's quite One Piece-level bad but it's close). Considering how annoyed people got with the constant filler arcs in both shows it's kind of ironic that the Boruto anime has wound up being the best thing to come out of this franchise in a while.

To be fair though, some of said filler was entertaining at the very least and I do like how they expanded on some stuff the manga just kind of glossed over (Anko & Orochimaru, the hosts for the other Tailed Beasts, Kaguya's backstory, a believable reason why Naruto and Sasuke could be considered friends, etc). Some of the little extra segments they did at the end of each episode early on were kind of funny too.
The reason why One Piece started dragging so badly is because they decided to stop filler arcs almost completely and move into one episode = one issue format, and there's a lot of issues that don't make a good 20 minute episode on top of all the breaks the Manga has, it'll still probably end up catching up to the manga again soonish.

Bleach and Naruto Shippuden dragged on so bad because they decided to insert filler arcs or flashbacks to pad out the series so they didn't catch up. Problem with Bleach being that one issue, especially towards the end, could honestly have been about 2 minutes of animation at best.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

no, that's Boruto and Mitsuki
Boruto and Sarada is the perfect time to unite the two legendary tribes so it sound be Boruto x Mitsuki while Sarada marries *rolls dice* Metal Lee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sindai posted:

I can't get enough of Orochimaru being a good parent while chuckling at notions of binary gender. Give him a spinoff series please.
I was actually surprised at how casual that was just thrown in there without being offensive at all. Meanwhile Chocho is dealing with the ninja equivalent to an eating disorder which might end up with an overall positive message at the end too