Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I'm excited for the show, but I'm not sure what to expect for a story. If it's not really "official", what will they go with for a main arc/path for the characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Does that include the platforms?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

First couple pages were what looked like a teenage boruto fighting some guy with a similar tattoo, and like every building in sight toppled over.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is the show doing alright? I stopped watching around ten or twelve, just kind of feel by the wayside for me. I have a little more time now and was thinking of picking it up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Are the ninja storm games any fun? Playstation has a sale to get all 4 for like $35 and im wondering if there's enough single player content for the price. Figure it might be a fun way to relive the series.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah nothing is up on Hulu yet so I guess no episode. New chapter hit a day or two ago however.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think one of the reasons I really enjoy this show is how good it looks. They use a good animation team fairly often it seems, and while there's still some rough spots overall I enjoy watching the battles.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Larryb posted:

This show continues to be better than it has any right to be, thankfully next week we're getting more filler rather than jumping straight into manga content again (never thought I'd say that regarding a Naruto anime).

Yeah I'm blown away by how much I enjoy watching this show. I'm not expecting anything great next week but I don't even care. This show moves at its own pace and I love it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

https://readms.net/r/boruto/027/5362/1

New Chapter is out with info on the Anime schedule switch (Sunday nights @ 5:30 starting 10/7)

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Thanks, I always have trouble keeping track of the Manga.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Try searching for the covers of the various Manga volumes. Aside from very specific panels, that's your best chance of seeing ninja frog stuff.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Samurai 8 had good artwork, but God drat that plot was confusing as hell. To me anyway, it was way over technical.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

drat was really hoping The eye injury would come with a byakugan unlock.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

Technically it did?

Good to see Mitsubishi step up.

Oh did it? I thought it was just the ohtsutsuki eyes but admittedly I can't keep track of how the eye abilities work with that.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Darth TNT posted:

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought all Ohtsusuki had Byakugan as a standard.

It's certainly drawn the same way.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Larryb posted:

Boruto definitely seems taller in the prologue so a timeskip is all but confirmed. As such I’ll be curious:

A: How they justify doing one

B: How long until it happens at this rate

and

C: How long we’ll have with the new versions of the characters before Kawaki wrecks the village

Also with Naruto gone I guess this basically makes Shikamaru the acting Hokage now

I think he also has a sword similar to Sasuke, my guess is boruto goes off to train with him or something.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Shneak posted:

Not sure how I feel about this timeskip. The pacing is very weird.

With Naruto's timeskip the Sasuke rescue plot continued but it also soft rebooted in a way with the new Team 7, the Akatsuki, and the Hidden Sand mission. This is basically a direct continuation of the plot that could've happened the next day and not 3 years later. In this case the timeskip feels like more a rebrand to generate interest again. We don't really understand the extent of Boruto leaving for 3 years before he already comes back.

Why do Shikadai/Chocho/Inojin have baby faces still while Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki look old

I was just coming to comment on some of the art. The last page of boruto and sarada next to each other looks off. Like young boruto head on a really tall body, it looks like the torso has an extra inch in it or so.

I did love the panel with boruto's appearance though, really dynamic entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm unclear as to what this is exactly. Is it just 4 episodes recapping the anime?