Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KraftyMattKraft
Mar 28, 2017
I have two daughters. I can't tell you why my wife and I decided to have children. Would I change it or regrets? I think Louie CK said it best, “You look at the face of your beautiful, lovely child and you think two things at the exact same time: ‘I love this kid so much that it ‘s changed my whole life. I love other people more because of how much I love her. I love people that died years ago more. My love has traveled time because of how completely I love her and she loves me back. She’s completely given value to life that didn’t exist before and I regret every decision that led to her birth’.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KraftyMattKraft
Mar 28, 2017

LogisticEarth posted:

Joking aside, I think it's a bit if a fallacy to equate PhDs with intelligence, and despair that we are doomed to a rising tide of stupidity. Dedication to navigating the world of academia for a decade with dubious personal​ payoff doesn't actually mean you're the best and the brightest. Huge numbers of intelligent people escew graduate degrees because they have other priorities.
Interesting. I was about to suggest, for the sake of "devil's advocacy," a license that must be obtained to procreate, but then you go and write this. Those that would have the intelligence and qualifications to obtain a reproductive license wouldn't necessarily want to reproduce. Children would only "slow them down."

• Locked thread