Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Jeff Sichoe posted:

The hooker in the first scene (with the fat man on the phone) of Leon is Luc's underage missus all growed up

If I remember correctly, the DVD bonus material has interviews with her where she addresses things with basically "Well yeah, we're French, what of it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

interwhat posted:

I just watched Saved! for the first time a few days ago. Got some odd vibes from it that I'm not going to look into further into, but i feel like all around the audience it was geared to would be like ages 16-18.

I think you need to change your thread title now, op

I saw that movie in theaters...gently caress where does the time go.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I find myself in the uncomfortable position of loving the professional but claiming myself to be not a pedophile. I'm.... Gay?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I love threads like this.
you really need to watch the real nikita as well.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I know for a fact every one of you here loves the 5th element.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

The Protagonist posted:

It's not my favorite movie but it's easily in my top 50.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I find that main actress unbelievably attractive and it turns out we're the same age

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
This thread is now about Terminator 2 the day of Judgement

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
DYSON!

SHE'S GONNA BLOW HIM AWAY!!!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

The Protagonist posted:

Watch anything and everything with Milla.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Aging Millenial posted:

I saw that movie in theaters...gently caress where does the time go.

The Fifth Element is 20 years old, old buddy

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Giga Gaia posted:

Watch anything and everything with Milla.

Don't. Her Husband exclusively puts her in bad movies he shits out

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

a bone to pick posted:

I find that main actress unbelievably attractive and it turns out we're the same age

She's 24, only six years older than 18, you creep

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

The 5th Element is in my top 5 favorite movies and anybody who doesnt appreciate Jean Reno and Gary Oldmans performances in Leon is retarded. I hope this guy makes at least one more good movie before he gets arrested for being a weirdo or whatever.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Crash_N_Burn posted:

The 5th Element is in my top 5 favorite movies and anybody who doesnt appreciate Jean Reno and Gary Oldmans performances in Leon is retarded. I hope this guy makes at least one more good movie before he gets arrested for being a weirdo or whatever.

In France they arrest artists who aren't weirdos. It's going to be OK.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I was a kid when The Fifth Element first came out in the movies. I saw the previews and was superhyped. I wanted to see it, but my parents did the 90s version of, "Nah, brah, it's not happening." When I finally got to see it on TV, I realized they were right. That movie is pretty to look at, but has a story that is dumb as hell.

I was originally excited when I heard that Valerian and Laureline was finally getting a movie. Then I saw the previews. It looks like another Jupiter Ascending disaster.

Now that I know Luc Besson is a pedo, well, just more reason not to see it. Even if I've got a thing for Cara Delevigne.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jeff Sichoe posted:

The hooker in the first scene (with the fat man on the phone) of Leon is Luc's underage missus all growed up

she's also the blue alien singer in 5th element iirc

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I look cautiously forward to this probably-dumb-but-visually-cool film made by a french pedophile and will buy a ticket to see it in the theater some time after it comes out.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The comics of Valerian and Laureline were awesome. That is why I will not see this movie.

Crash_N_Burn posted:

anybody who doesnt appreciate Jean Reno and Gary Oldmans performances in Leon is retarded
This is thee moste correct opinion.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
whats with this guy and mesh shirts

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

us vs also us posted:

philthy how do you feel about the boondock saints

:allears:

Didn't care for it. Wasn't bad. Wasn't good. Eh.

staberind posted:

I love threads like this.
you really need to watch the real nikita as well.

Well yeah, The Professional was sort of a spin-off as the Cleaner makes his first appearance in it. They're both great. The Professional was really anticipated at the time because he was the Boba Fett in Nikita that got his own flick.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 30, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Indeed,
I'll let this music speak for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgsQuibP-p0

Oh, and you are comparing Leon with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU7Tu0CJsGU

staberind fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 30, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArmZ posted:

cf. Brian singer

Hmm but then what is the commonality between these people??

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Is it still OK to like Leon if you root for Gary Oldman's character?

Bogus Adventure posted:

I was a kid when The Fifth Element first came out in the movies. I saw the previews and was superhyped. I wanted to see it, but my parents did the 90s version of, "Nah, brah, it's not happening." When I finally got to see it on TV, I realized they were right. That movie is pretty to look at, but has a story that is dumb as hell.

Whoa, a rare Post/Username super fail.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
I don't know if this applies to the thread but I kind of want to see ghost in the shell movie because I'm ok with watching ScarJo in a skin tight flesh toned suit for 2 hrs or whatever the plot line is

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

jeff smisek posted:

youre brain is broken, i'm so so sorry

Are you saying the movie where the universe is saved in the end by the power of love is good?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Learning about his past history from this thread I'm wondering if he cast Scarlettttt Johannnnson in Lucy because he wanted to smash.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!
holy poo poo so many pedo defenders in this thread, someone call the FBI I just made them a hell of a honeypot

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Philthy posted:

Didn't care for it. Wasn't bad. Wasn't good. Eh.

Well yeah, The Professional was sort of a spin-off as the Cleaner makes his first appearance in it. They're both great. The Professional was really anticipated at the time because he was the Boba Fett in Nikita that got his own flick.

wow cool avatar dude, really makes u think!!!

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

can we get some red texts going for everyone who said its ok because they're french

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

us vs also us posted:

can we get some red texts going for everyone who said its ok because they're french

Naw, man. I'm saving up all my money for a shamrock shake.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

KomodoWagon posted:

Naw, man. I'm saving up all my money for a shamrock shake.

those are really good tbh

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
who in Hollywood is definitely not a pedophile?

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Gee America, why don't you invade France to protect the rights of children and spread democracy?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dark Juno posted:

Gee America, why don't you invade France to protect the rights of children and spread democracy?

Germany approves of this and we can finally win this centuries old feud. The age of consent in Germany is also 14,please invade here afterwards accordingly, tia

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Germany approves of this and we can finally win this centuries old feud. The age of consent in Germany is also 14,please invade here afterwards accordingly, tia

like honestly america sucks in most ways but what the gently caress europe

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Aging Millenial posted:

The followup to "The Fifth Element" we have all been waiting for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZsG7WJVZv8

awwwshitttttt

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
lol dude managed to bag three hot women including mila jovavich with his ugly loving mug, i mean he actually got her to marry him for crying out loud, so maybe we just have no idea what we're talking about

i once knew a french woman that bragged about how she lost her virginity at 15 to some 30 year old guy so i mean, c'est la vie bitches.

how you have an interesting conversation with a 15 year old girl i dont know tho

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

are you both mods? you have a special symbol next to your name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

perhaps it is not, unheard of, for a mod to

• Locked thread