Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

us vs also us posted:

perhaps it is not, unheard of, for a mod to

why dont you finish that sentence you little bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Jeff Sichoe posted:

This thread is now about Terminator 2 the day of Judgement

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i'm a big fan of the 5th element but i bet luck besson is a bigger fan OF THE 5TH GRADE lmao

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Drunk & Ugly posted:

why dont you finish that sentence you little bitch

be a really good poster! :)

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Wait so Cara Delevigne gets to:

1.) Have a cooler name than me.

2.) Be a bisexualer women than me.

3.) Act in geekier movies than me.

4.) Be born of wealthy parents and grow up in QUOTE "one of the wealthiest districts in the world".

5.) Have more striking eyebrows than me.

6.) Be younger than me. (This one really grates because nothing short of time machine shenanigans can change that).

7.) Be taller than me.

You know...I know god works in mysterious ways. But I am livid with this inequality.

If there's ever a revolution, I'll make HER be MY farmboy.

I'll order her around to fetch me a pail of water and all that.

She'll be the one saying "As you wish".

But each time she's saying it she really means "Go gently caress yourself".

And I'll be okay with that as I sip on my lemonade that is now a luxury because revolutions also tend to gently caress up economics a bit.

"Yeah I probably will" I'll think chuckling to myself as I slurp down another short glass of sugary chilled lemon juice.

"I probably will"....

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
come for the luc besson trailer, stay for the puritan Americans freaking out about age of consent laws in Europe

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

phasmid posted:

The comics of Valerian and Laureline were awesome. That is why I will not see this movie.

same, the casting is atrocious and the writing tripe

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I liked that luc besson one with the French cops and they have to investigate murders at this weirdo college. Also those films in the French ghettos B-whatever

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Also obv Leon seeing how it is one of the greatest films ever

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Aging Millenial posted:

come for the luc besson trailer, stay for the puritan Americans freaking out about age of consent laws in Europe

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Idk, I manage to feel revulsion at the thought of grown men having sex with literal children despite being European. Maybe you guys are just weird scumbags?

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

KomodoWagon posted:

Idk, I manage to feel revulsion at the thought of grown men having sex with literal children despite being European. Maybe you guys are just weird scumbags?

America has an outsize influence in the world and many a dumb European apes Americans

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot
For example, America practically forced cannabis prohibition on the rest of the free world.

We don't get enough poo poo for this.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's fun getting called dumb by a guy so who's so cripplingly mentally deficient he hasn't figured out how to get laid

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

KomodoWagon posted:

It's fun getting called dumb by a guy so who's so cripplingly mentally deficient he hasn't figured out how to get laid

Lmao.

Nerve = hit.:grin:

Aging Millenial fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 30, 2017

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
Lots of American rock stars legally adopted young girls so they could gently caress them, Ted Nugent and Steven Tyler come to mind. I think one of the Rolling Stones did too but he's British so....

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aging Millenial posted:

Lmao.

Nerve = hit.
Yes, you really dunked on me hard with the novel, ingenious own that was calling me "dumb." You must be Triticum Guzzler's alt or something. Well done.

Aging Millenial
Nov 24, 2016

by zen death robot

KomodoWagon posted:

Yes, you really dunked on me hard with the novel, ingenious own that was calling me "dumb." You must be Triticum Guzzler's alt or something. Well done.

Don't write a novel about it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Les Os posted:

who in Hollywood is definitely not a pedophile?

Mel Gibson

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if theirs grass on the field play ball :grin:

IS WHAT A PEDO WOULD SAY <:mad:>

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

FaradayCage posted:

2.) Be a bisexualer women than me.

3.) Act in geekier movies than me.

4.) Be born of wealthy parents and grow up in QUOTE "one of the wealthiest districts in the world".

5.) Have more striking eyebrows than me.

6.) Be younger than me. (This one really grates because nothing short of time machine shenanigans can change that).

7.) Be taller than me.

You know...I know god works in mysterious ways. But I am livid with this inequality.

If there's ever a revolution, I'll make HER be MY farmboy.

I'll order her around to fetch me a pail of water and all that.

She'll be the one saying "As you wish".

But each time she's saying it she really means "Go gently caress yourself".

And I'll be okay with that as I sip on my lemonade that is now a luxury because revolutions also tend to gently caress up economics a bit.

"Yeah I probably will" I'll think chuckling to myself as I slurp down another short glass of sugary chilled lemon juice.

"I probably will"....
Hi Dare

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Aging Millenial posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States

In 1880, the age of consent was set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmbo

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
A 30 year old man predating on a kid in 10th grade is disturbing but guys with money can get away with anything.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Aging Millenial posted:

fun fact if besson wanted to marry a child in 2017 he'd have to move to the US

:911:

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005
I was talking about films with a female cousin of mine years ago, and when the subject of Leon came up, she told me that she "Totally wanted to see Natalie Portman's character get together with Leon". I was a bit shocked to hear her say that.

I enjoyed The Fifth Element. I'm not sure if I saw Ian Holm in anything between playing the nasty android Ash in Alien and his friendly and somewhat bumbling character in The Fifth Element, so that was nice. This film looks good to me, and I'm looking forward to it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Aging Millenial posted:

my last gf was half my age. I'm 45.

livin' the dream.

whats funnier is they think they are the worlds sjw, and voted in trump

Oh! and if you want to talk about the age to legally gently caress, then maybe dont bomb the poo poo out of places that then double down on such gems as "can only have sex after marriage" with no legal minimum age for marriage.

staberind fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 31, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

staberind posted:

my last gf was half my age. I'm 45.

livin' the dream.

whats funnier is they think they are the worlds sjw, and voted in trump

Oh! and if you want to talk about the age to legally gently caress, then maybe dont bomb the poo poo out of places that then double down on such gems as "can only have sex after marriage" with no legal minimum age for marriage.

We haven't bombed france for 70 years dude

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Repo Man posted:

I was talking about films with a female cousin of mine years ago, and when the subject of Leon came up, she told me that she "Totally wanted to see Natalie Portman's character get together with Leon". I was a bit shocked to hear her say that.

yeah people are really stupid

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I wanted Leon to gently caress me as a 10 year old boy

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Natalie Portman is dumb looking.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

phasmid posted:

Natalie Portman is dumb looking.

actually she looks smart

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

us vs also us posted:

actually she looks smart

Trap sprung, frenchie.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
leon would've been a good movie if it was actually about training some stupid kid to become an assassin and the big gunfight at the end wasn't present at all and is just the kid sniping the cop from a rooftop or something.

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

God it must have been lovely to be Luc Besson waiting to release his bad movie and then pulp fiction comes out a month beforehand and blows it out of the water in every conceivable way

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
The relationship in Leon doesn't really come off as creepy because Jean Reno's character is kind of childlike. There is much more to male/female relationships than the physical act of sex. The problem is though that IRL there's a ton of predatory and evil poo poo that goes down. It's unfortunate that in the fractured modern world that age isn't a reliable indicator of how woke someone is, but it's kind of the only one that's fair to use from a legal perspective.

Also the new movie looks okay visually but the main characters look insufferable

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

FaradayCage posted:

No. Cara is a bad name,.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I only read the first two Valerian things but the vibe I got from it was a pretty fun swingin' 60s suave spy type deal but transplanted into fantastical outer space/sci-fi settings. So it makes perfect sense to cast.....Dane DeHaan?!?!

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Tato posted:

I only read the first two Valerian things but the vibe I got from it was a pretty fun swingin' 60s suave spy type deal but transplanted into fantastical outer space/sci-fi settings. So it makes perfect sense to cast.....Dane DeHaan?!?!

Charisma and charm are overrated traits in adventure/action movie leads.

What they really need is a sour faced boy that looks like he is going to yell "no gently caress YOU dad!" at any second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
that sour faced boy is 31. yikes!

• Locked thread