Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
"Requesting permission to do things that would have kept a lot more of us alive a bit longer." Good to see Other M protocols being maintained.

I've just finished my first playthrough of this although I missed a few sidequests and items by accidentally advancing the plot a few too many times. Really good game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I've played it and have no idea what it is.

Also I completely missed that hidden room and bridge shortcut the first time through.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yeah, he is a Robot In Disguise, after all.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yeah and all those random encounter goblins had families, you absolute monster.

So yeah, that bit right near the end where you grab the Constructicon's arm is where I got my first game over. Thanks for playing, start the whole thing again! Oh, I couldn't stay mad you, Yoko Taro.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

This is like that Arthur meme. "When the robo-boy you started getting emotional over doesn't remember you because he reverted to an earlier backup after your suicide pact."

Wonder why they break up this ongoing conflict in separate Wars. Do they have a go at, fail, take a break and go "Okay, let's call this Round 2?"

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Of all the things that required permission to activate so far, you'd think Self-Destruct would keep being one of them.

Also I've yet to find a time it was situationally useful for, apart from raging after failing to do something that required perfect timing and precise platforming skills, which is definitely a non-zero number of times.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Huh, I knew about the flashlight, but I didn't know it got the machines all hot and bothered.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well, none of them are alive, so there's still a chance they're hoaxes created out of rubber molds and papier mache to prop up the sexy android military-industrial complex.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Chalk me up as another one of the people who couldn't figure out how to get the Engels quest going for the longest time because the marker pointed to the head and I kept trying to jump onto it.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
You mean to say this quest doesn't end with you killing the animals leaving the machine alone and miserable or killing the machine and dooming the poor injured animals of the forest?

What the hell kind of topsy-turvy world is this, Yoko Taro?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It wouldn't work, he'd wake up later exactly as he was before, with a copy of another lovely game in his hands.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Would definitely recommend Clock Tower 3, where Loving This poo poo got started. Also: 4 Resident Evil.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Slow is also what got me through Speed Star stage 2. I did not have nearly as much difficulty on stage 3.

Also with hacking there is one quest that will break and become unfinishable if you hack a certain enemy, and that's the machine guarding the old Forest King's tomb. Luckily for my last save wasn't too long ago before that.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Sep 4, 2017

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Tunicate posted:

Why no option for 'put Pascal's memories into a weapon'?

As fates worse than death for a pacifist to endure go, I'm sure Yoko would be kicking himself for not thinking of this. Maybe we'll get a weapon story in the next game.

Also, going back to the village, I had a feeling something bad was coming the moment I first got there and saw the salvageable corpses of other players.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
After seeing the new Death Stranding I can't help but wonder if Yoko and Kojima ever hang out sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Worst changelog ever.

"Due to reports of our product spontaneously erupting into fiery wrecks that killed your family, we have issued a patch that ensures all remaining updated versions to feel really bad about what happened."

• Locked thread