Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Gonna be a while before I can pick this up myself but I wouldn't miss this thread for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's some 16th century dude named Agrippa's Celestial Alphabet. It's basically hebrew with circles on the ends of the lines and a bit of Greek to pad it out to 22 characters.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 31, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah, that mini-doc is really, really good but it will spoil a bunch of future stuff so don't watch it until TDI says it's safe if you've not played/only following Automata via this LP.

Yeah, no. Not sure why people are so twitchy about a handful of zero context clips short enough that they might as well be screenshots but it's kind of ridiculous.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

magikid posted:

Why does everyone keep calling these "character action games?" Like, where does that even come from? It's such a bizarre name.

I just call them 3-D action myself.

It's basically reserved for Platinum's products since there really isn't much quite like them on the market.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pretty sure it's more of an 8.8.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Speedball posted:

I'm guessing that Engels is able to use its giant laser beam even while in its stationary form, which is what took out the rest of our doomed squadron.

Now, what I wanna know is, why couldn't we have just stayed on top of Engels where it couldn't hit us and bash our way into its brain slowly from above.

Video games.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

NGDBSS posted:

Those Marxes aren't actually buzzsaws, but rather bucket-wheel excavators. Apparently surface mining can require vehicles of immense size to efficiently remove coal and ore over large areas, which is why one such excavator (Bagger 293) holds the record for the heaviest land vehicle known to man.

Those don't actually remove the coal. They remove the "overburden", all the dirt and rock above the actual coal, so that you can get at it with more specialized tools.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Thisuck posted:

What's the language of the songs besides the Japanese in some of them?

Made up futurese melting pot.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Sum Gai posted:

Crafting a bizarre, memorable persona is a really... backwards way of doing this, though. Maybe there's some kind of artistic significance to the mask, but I really hope he just thinks it's funny.

It's because he doesn't want people associating his work with a middle-aged bald guy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Welp, headbanging has taken its toll :negative:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The beeping is during this section of the cutscene and stops at the next jump cut. It pulses, and you'll know it if you hear it.

Obviously YoRHa pods are just all childproofed to prevent pesky youths from misappropriating them all willy-nilly

Knowing exactly where it is let me barely hear it but yeah my speakers could just be hosed, they're getting fairly old themselves. Especially once I turned the treble way up.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 18, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

What does that 5000-cost HUD: Sound Waves thing do?

That durn racket no one can hear :corsair:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rangpur posted:

Feral pigs are scary, man. That's honestly the most realistic part of Nier & N:Automata

Anyone remember that one guy in GBS who had a bunch of drones he used to track the feral pigs attacking his farm, which he would then hunt with spears?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

BlackPersona posted:

Did we just go from naked dickless Sephiroth to Disneyland in two updates? :psyboom:

Clearly we've found Kingdom Hearts 3.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Psycho Knight posted:

They are the kind of game you expect to pick up in a budget bin, yet never seem to drop in price. Me and a friend usually go halves on them to get the cost down to something affordable.

It's because they're used to starting in the bargain bin and staying there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I once had a friend describe his FFXII party as 2 people and Fran's rear end.

• Locked thread