Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Something that I really enjoyed at this point in the game but which I’m not sure comes through as much in LP format was the whole structure of accelerating POV switches. The first time it switches it’s like 10-20 hours per POV, then it’s maybe a few hours, and eventually you’re switching like every 10-20 seconds, all building up to that choice of who to go with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Bufuman posted:

That reminds me, one of the more amusing things I noticed about the PS4 version's trophy percentages is that something like 25% of N:A's players earned the upskirt shot trophy, while only maybe 15% of them earned the 9S shorts one. EDIT: Just checked, as of this writing it's actually closer to 22.7% and 13.5% respectively.

While I'm guessing the difference is mostly related to game progress and/or ignorance (I for instance heard about the upskirt trophy in this thread but hadn't heard of the shorts one until I looked it up), one could still make interesting observations about those numbers.

That most people who are into dudes still don’t feel the need to see a kid running around with no pants for an hour? 9S isn’t exactly a male 2B...

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

It’s a nice twitter thread but I just read through the Drakengard LP this week and drat it really is rough going in places.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

The thing that gets me just the most about this nearly perfectly constructed ending is how it’s the same person at the forefront urging you on from the start and then it’s that person who offers to rescue you. It makes it feel so personal, like they’ve been watching your attempts.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Quality of writing aside, if you’re interested in the extra material the voice actors for 9S and 2B got together with some other voice actor friends to perform the concert scripts: https://youtu.be/yF0y083mMHA

I found it really interesting as a peek into what voice acting is like as much as anything else.

• Locked thread