Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Finally caught up with the thread! I'm glad I ended the game in time to see at least the tail end of the LP, things will be interesting from now on
And to add to the praise train, you're a pretty cool dude Dark Id and wanting to be better than that is already enough to forgive your past errors :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

I didn't get the DLC, so this part is going to be interesting to read! And it's nice that they brought back Facade's interminable rules for this arena, I missed them :allears:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Now we know why they dislike sand so much, it gets in the puppet joints and blocks them!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Oh wow, good on them to finally use the remote control for something interesting! Also jeez, Brother Nier's clothes look ridiculous, therefore perfect for 9S :v:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Oh drat, now I'm interested in seeing how they're gonna update it! Do you think they're going to use more of the game's voice actors? Can't wait to hear the red girls talk like an old man :v:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

She does the art for the Taiko Drum Master series. Her work persona, at least, is the radical opposite of his.

So of course she did fanart of the game.

https://twitter.com/2894chang/status/842573983304183808

Oh my god, this is the best thing ever and the most unexpected plot twist :allears: they deserve each other :3:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You picked up a snow shovel and beat your neighbour comatose with it? :ohdear:

Nah, clearly that was why he gave that shovel to his daughter's girlfriend! Thankfully she realized he was messing with her before she whomped the neighbor too hard

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Did i miss an update showing 9s ending or has that not been done yet

No, that's yet to be done; we've gone straight to DLC town instead

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Beautiful. Perfect. Once again, Top Boy demonstrates how he makes everything better just by being there :3:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Welp, knowing the blade program does that would have saved me a lot of trouble waking up the bunny! Personally, I leveled up to just level 85/86 and what came next was difficult but not impossible. And thank god for the machinegun program, that thing staggers the animals so much they're pretty much forever stunlocked and you can attack them safely until they die! Hyper aggression wins the day again!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

I died when Skinner left and we got a joke ending, complete with the sped up credits noise :golfclap:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

[oh come on, seriously?! -fedule]

Hearing Emil Sacrifice out of nowhere was nostalgic, sad and made me fear for the obvious boss that was waiting somewhere in the room... but nothing came!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 15, 2018

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Fought him at level 85/86, I only survived thanks to massive healing items... those bouncing Emil headballs hurt and are hard to predict! Also the massive amount of corpses might trip you a few times, or you might interact with them by accident

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Darth TNT posted:

Does Emil give enemy data?

Yes. And for the record, all the percentage based achievements just ask for 80% completion of certain indexes; 100%ing something does nothing but be a round number, so yeah, it's there to once again gently caress with compulsive completionists!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Humankind and machinekind and androidkind and emilkind are all equally doomed

The only thing that might survive are the cross-dinensional androids, and even that isn’t certain

Hey now, I'd like to remind you that the moose and boar alliance is still going strong!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, so the DLC gets its own diorama cutscenes? Now there's something I can't accidentally spoil :v:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Ok, Plato being thrown in combat with his arm still detached is pathetically hilarious. This poor boy can't take a break can he?

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

I love the CEO remixes of Birth of a Wish, holy poo poo :lol:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

On the topic of BoaW remixes, somebody made the thread's fondest wish come true.

Congrats to Seshoho Cian, and apologies if someone already posted this and I missed it when I checked.

Oh my god, I have the exact kind of friends that will LOVE this! Great find!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Yeaaaahhhhh, when I saw how random some of the spawns were I just said "screw this" and just left it to 91-92% :argh:
I think it's time to bring out "TROLLED BY CAVIA YOKO TARO" again

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

I did this ending first because 9S is the first option in the menu choice. After that, A2's ending was kind of optimistic :v:

I am undescribably excited for the next update :yokotaro:

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Yoko Taro, you madman, you did it again :allears: I went in knowing more or less what would happen (drat you internet wild spoilers), but the execution and messages floored me and the chorus coming in when you accepted help outright killed me with feels :unsmith: A hopeful ending, in a Yoko Taro game; never thought i'd live to see the day! And of course I gave up my savefile, I planned ahead and completed as much of the game prior to getting the last two endings.

Thank you so much for the LP, DarkId, and thanks for the raw unedited first playthrough video! I guess now you're going to wrap things up and show us some of the additional material and writing that are floating around the internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

A great thread for a great game. See you for the next Yoko Taro wildride, DarkId :golfclap:

• Locked thread