Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Zoe posted:

A2. A2 listen to me. The words you want to say are, '2B had the logic virus.' Maybe even '2B asked me to kill her' after that if you're really feeling chatty, but the first part is the important bit.

No good, 9S is too heartbroken and suspicious, he wouldn't take her at her word if she told him machines were evil.

It's just such a shame that 2B is for-reals dead and we can't get her perspective on events, you know? If only there was some way 9S could have her word that it was a consensual mercy killing. Some way of communicating with her, or even just knowing what she was thinking before she died. Like, maybe if she'd put her memories in a loving sword or something.

Yup.

That sure would help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Here 9S take a look at this.

*pulls out the sword still dripping with 2B fluids*

It's authentic 2Blood! Proves it's the right sword, doncha know.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

:allears: Pods.

"Hang on, are we growing free will? And personal identity?"
"Maybe. Iunno. First things first, we gotta keep our dinguses from murdering each other and/or exploding."
"Yeah, true. Don't die tho."

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

ManSedan posted:

However, here Nines says that even the human server is a lie? Is that right or am I misreading?

I think he's just not coping real well with the string of :yokotaro: that's been happening to him. He probably would have been down for at least protecting that tiny remnant earlier, a few mindfucks back up the line when he wasn't COMPLETELY mentally broken, but at this point he might actually be willing to destroy the human server his own drat self if he could get to the moon, just so that he doesn't have to cope with the machines or android command or whoever the gently caress taking that one last little thing from him.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

endolithic posted:

I wish this game had more hugs. 9S seems like he could really use one.

Edit: Also A2 and 2B. And the pods. Definitely Pascal.

2B hugged his neck that one time! :buddy:

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Hope your kids ok Id.

Same from me. Food poisoning is a bad time.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

...! posted:

Are you guys saying that Eve is the Best Boy? That sounds like what you're saying.

No, no, of course we all know that Emil is the Best Boy. But Eve can still be a remarkably Good Boy without having to be the Best.

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Bruceski posted:

The extra voices being added to the song when extra players come to help is beautiful.

Yeah, that's the part that really ruined me. That and "DO YOU THINK THAT GAMES ARE SILLY LITTLE THINGS?"

I'd been wondering who the gently caress the extra person was when Pod 042 referred to "the six of us". Then the continue prompts started getting more pointed, and other players started showing up, and the song started layering... and I stopped wondering.

That specific flavor of meta will just destroy my poo poo, every loving time. :negative:

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

Man, if stories that make you feel emotion intrinsically don't matter because they're just fiction, I've got some bad news about the entirety of human cultural history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeminiSun
Feb 16, 2011

I got into this LP late, but I'm real glad I got to experience it, since I don't have a machine capable of running Automata but I was dying to know the story. Thanks for the LP, TDI, and may Sith Lord Yoko Taro release his dark grip on your soul.

• Locked thread