Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This is a loving awesome game with one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah, as far as I remember, magic was caused by the same stuff that turned people into salty berserkers, and part of the mission statement for Project Gestalt was sending that crap back where it came from. Magic has literally been kicked out of the universe at this point.

Wait.

...How did Project Gestalt get rid of magic? Didn't that project rely on magic to turn people into Gestalts/Shades? I thought the point was just keeping humanity alive.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

it's a deliberate homage to Papa Nier's eyepatch from Nier 1.

gently caress. I just beat Ending E yesterday and I never once caught that reference.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Chaos language. Emi Evans combined a bunch of languages into one that sounds like it mimics other languages depending on the song. So sometimes it may sound English, Japanese, French, or others.

I'd like to say they actually consulted with a linguist back when they first started doing the original Nier OST to actually get a vague idea on what the phonetics of languages like French or German might look like after a stupidly long time...but I can't recall a precise source for that.

At any rate, this soundtrack is an all-time great. Even better than the originals. I'm really happy Keiichi Okabe's finally scored a big hit, hope he starts showing up in more stuff. The mixing is really great, too. Takes Okabe's ridiculously great composing and adds a Platinum, Metal Gear Rising-esque touch with how it handles the vocals and other layering. I think most of us are aware of how well that poo poo worked in MGR.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

neongrey posted:

I'm pretty sure the axis of the earth was moved, that that's what caused it?

Wouldn't that just change the direction the sun moves across the sky?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I went from freshly clearing ending B to finishing ending E over the course of last weekend, including an 8-hour session to close it out on Sunday.

This game gets compelling, is what I'm saying.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Caim did nothing wrong. I mean, when you get down to it, he ended up saving the world. Well, a world. He kind of hosed up another in the process, but hey, that wasn't intended. The main problem the protagonists of Drakengard and Nier tend to have is unintended consequences arising from their actions, not outright malicious intent. We'll see if this game goes in the same direction.

Nier, sure. Caim had PLENTY of malicious intent, you just didn't notice as much because his tongue got cursed and one of his buddies canonically ate babies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, everything about Simone is rad as hell. Her theme is among the best tracks in an incredible OST.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like the dark stuff in DrakeNier works all the better with the revelation that Taro himself appears to be an incredibly nice, if cynical, person.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Relevant to recent updates: https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/861077917429776384

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Morbi posted:

I've been waiting for this update.

GOOD. loving. WORK.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I can't believe Beepy loving won at Nier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011