Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I was waiting for this. Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
So can 9S actually die or get crippled or is there any reason not to just tell him to mess up enemies as soon as you're in a battle? Also it's a shame Accord doesn't show up.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I DEFINITELY did not see THAT end to the fight coming. What the hell, Yoko Taro?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

My favorite enemy tracking thing was Alpha Protocol's 'no judgment but here's the cost of hospital bills you've caused and the number of orphans you've created,' because every ko and bit of damage were tracked, and every npc had a preset number of kids, with some types of enemy (Arab insurgents, say) having far more than others (black ops British mercenaries).

Alpha Protocol was a great game that mostly just lacked a bit of polish to take it to the top of everyone's best-game-of-all-time list. Shame it's been declared that it won't be turned into a franchise with any sort of sequels or otherwise be continued-upon.

One thing always bugged me about Alpha Protocol, though. The game largely let you spare everyone, even though it wasn't always easy, you could let even the most irredeemable dickheads in the game off the hook... except for this one guy who, by the game's standards, wasn't even that bad, mostly just kind of annoying, and no matter what, you have to kill him.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

Hey, if the Gelato guy didn't want us to kill him then maybe he shouldn't have gone for the scoop. :colbert:

I was thinking of Sean Darcy, who's just sort of a whiny dork, but not objectively evil like some of the other people you can choose to leave alive. :v:

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

FINALLY, here's the rhythm battle we've been waiting for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Wow, I'm surprised NOTHING BAD AT ALL happened during that quest. Is Taro Yoko actually going to give SOMEONE a happy ending? Madness. I'm sure some cataclysm will come along and loving murder them all soon enough.

• Locked thread