Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
This is seriously one of the best games ever made. It was simultaneously a joy to play, and painful in that Taro Yoko kind of way. The soundtrack is as good as the first game's, I feel. I could rave on and on, but I'll just say that I can't wait to see people's reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

MrAptronym posted:

As an aside, I started playing on Hard initially after thinking the demo was pretty easy on Normal, and well... I am very familiar with that particular bad end there.

That is the one thing I did not like about the game. Hard mode feels like too much of a slog in general, but it is absolutely punishing here in the tutorial. The worst thing is getting near the end of that 30-40 minutes Id mentioned, and choking.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I had 9S set to aggressive :(

When I got to the tank, I booked it for the next section, and realized I needed to tone down 9S a bit. It wasn't until I headed out that I got the loot Id showed off earlier.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Counterpoint: 9S.

Compared to previous Taro Yoko sidekicks, 9S is actually a competent sidekick. It might not show in the LP, but 9S actually kicks some rear end at best, and at worse, draws heat off you.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Tarezax posted:

Nah, the Nier universe guys weaponized the Salt too. The magic in the first game was based on the "maso" particle that scientists discovered in studying the salt.

Magic came from examining Red's exploded, impaled corpse.

... :smith:

• Locked thread