Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Well I finally caught up. Been reading the Nier/Drakengard 2 lps to prepare for this since September.

I have a question that hasn't been answered in any of the lp forms. What's up with the faux-letterboxs during cutscnes in Nier and Nier Automata? None of the cutscenes are framed to use letter boxes, there constantly cutting off the characters heads and legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

...! posted:

Yeah, Xenosaga 2's random battles are such a slog (even early game) that I have no idea how I finished that game. Thankfully 3 is much better in that regard.

You got to corner the Pope and air juggle him with ricochet bullets and shoryuken. It owned and was the only time the battle system clicked

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Augus posted:

The thought of Drakengard having storyboards never even occurred to me.
I need more.

They just appeared out of the salt

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Do you have to be level 99 to see all this stuff? I would have given up quickly if that was the case

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

That's a lot of promo art for Plato. Wonder if he had more to do in early development

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Arkannoyed posted:

Anyone else not seeing the images in the latest update?

Yeah, they were there earlier

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm happy I didn't post the link for the video way early in the LP. I didn't know it was a reward for the dlc and I think DarkID slipped a brief mention of it during Pascal's village so I backed off.

200 dolls were created for that video.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Drakengard's multiple endings seems to be a counter point in reusing assets. Like every new ending in that game was accompanied by expensive fmvs and a whole new type of hell unique to the next.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Donkringel posted:

Also, I know folks will tell me to DIAF, but Nier:Automata is an excellent backdrop for a MMORPG. Neverending hell war? Multiple factions within main factions? Massive reuse of assets? Perfect for hell war!

On one hand I think not renewing your subscription fee is probably a good way out of the forever war on the other hand I'd might just start Burning Man RP in the desert for the game's lifespan

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The secret is going to be something someone already found and Yoko Taro just personally hasn't heard it was discovered yet

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Theres tons of things that can slip through the cracks. Phone posting right now but some examples could be a incidental mechanic or a story elemental no one noticed before from even more recent games. There probably isn't something like a hidden Kaine npc but things can still be hidden.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

edit: actually this post sucked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOB2fltVIq0

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Chalk it up to another person that didn't know about the hacking A2 easter egg. That's the kind of thing that would be kept hidden for a couple years.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

Either the game installs a save file for Nier if the player has no trophies from it or a download from PSN that will delete if the player decides to buy it.

That would be amazing if they gave you back your nier save file

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I really hope Yoko Taro does a mainstream Final Fantasy

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

You probably have some supplemental stuff ready but I want to thank you for your LP and for all the others you worked on. I am eagerly anticipating Final Fantasy Type 0.

My entry was lovely World, lovely Game, all in all, I hate Platinum Games and I did not get booted to the title

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

From awhile back after the first ending. Yoko Taro thought it be kind enough just to let people screw around with enemy spawning and unlimited HP in a battle arena. I hope Platinum Games will continue that for Bayonetta

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Materant posted:

It's the one-year anniversary of the game releasing for western audiences! Darth Emil has some words.

https://twitter.com/NieRGame/status/972109766720933891

That Emil mask was never meant to be worn for after E3 2015. Please Square, give Yoko taro a new game so he can afford a new mask

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The important factor is deciding if knowlege of Neir is nesscary for endings C-E.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Remember the Moose still has 2B's sword

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Kirby's new friend Emil

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Imagine if Nier died mid game and the rest of the game was Emil and Kaine trying to kill eachother over a disagreement how to handle the shades

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Is the android in the moonbase one of the cool stoner ones.

What's the new stage play hinting at about the dark side of the earth where all the boy androids are

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

DarkID is The Yoko Taro ambassador , if it wasn't for him I'd have open my copy of Drakengard 2. Maybe one day I'll check out the short stories but like I don't want to waste my time either

V > Oh thanks this looks nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

For people still into Extra Credits after they decided "loot boxes are good actually" was the best hill to die on of all time, they're apparently doing an episode on Nier: Automata this week (should have been released today, but apparently pushed back due to technical difficulties). Keep an eye out for it, they usually have some pretty neat insights, even if they're physically incapable of seeing the flaws within their own industry. I'd have waited for it to go live, but with the LP over and all, figure I'd mention it before the lock.

I liked Super Bunny Hop's discussion about the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehM1m5-TG5g

• Locked thread