Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Oh, cool! Glad to see another LP from you, TDI! Will be keeping tabs on this as I play ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

After that I started expecting the whole game to be like this, just constantly blowing yourself up as a solution to every problem. "Oh no, 2B, we forgot to buy milk from the store. We better detonate our black boxes!"

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/transmitter

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

McDragon posted:

That last robot that runs away ended up being the first one I went after. It ended up being a very short part of the quest. 2B just kind of lost interest in the aggressive ones and just wanted to kill the deserter I guess. Heh, deserter. I swear that was accidental.

Same here! I saw a pipeline leading through the desert, and figured I wanted to wander everywhere but there to find secrets. But that actually meant skipping loads of cutscene chatter I only now saw in Id's update. Even though I made an effort to explore, this is showing me all kinds of cool stuff I'm going back to check out. Thanks.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

That's interesting. The elevator in the theater was usable right after I beat Simone. Maybe it was a bug.

I really like how the first thing the dubiously trustworthy surrender bot does is lead you down a shady back alley, with another android dead inside.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Did you enjoy your time here? Or maybe not? Well, it doesn’t really matter. Though I’m sure you realize that by now. Whether or not you enjoy something simply depends on your own heart. This place is but a mirror that reflects one’s true self back at them. Anyway, here you go: One deluxe prize, coming up. Come again anytime!

It feels kind of eerie when you get a little self-awareness from the machines after a bunch of nuttiness. I get the feeling that at least some of them get just how weird their attempts to find a new purpose can end up.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

If you've got multiple pods, a charged Bomb will take a big chunk out of the health of an enemy so many levels higher that your regular sword attacks are insignificant. It made surprise minibosses way more bearable. And it's pretty nice you get the best (I think, haven't finished the game) pod program from such a cute sidequest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

Now that we've seen the beginning of this section, I think it's safe to say that I seriously enjoyed it. When I first saw the creepy robot priests I just couldn't stop grinning. Just like the amusement park intro, it sets up some pretty big expectations.

• Locked thread