Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yes! I've been looking forward to this! I played this game to death when it launched in JP and still can't get enough of it. I love it to pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Bufuman posted:

Uh, poo poo, a TDI LP for a game I was considering playing in the future myself. I really do want to play it, but I still haven't gotten very far in Tales of Berseria. And my brother got me a birthday gift of FFXV, which I'm honestly not all THAT interested in (to think that I would one day have that opinion of a Final Fantasy game. Dark times!), but it was a gift so I'm at least going to try it out. And I've got Persona 5 on pre-order so that'll be a thing in the coming weeks. So my schedule is booked for at least a month or two, probably longer, Berseria is really good and P5 is reportedly a sexily good game too.

So now I'm torn between holding off on reading this for when I actually play it or saying "Screw it" and reading anyway.

FFXV and Nier are pretty similar in a lot of ways, but Nier is miles ahead. There's some fantastic stuff in here that works because it's a videogame, so if you get the opportunity to play it before you get spoiled on it then I'd take it. It's really, really worth it.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Imagine having to play a good videogame.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Didn't he say something similar about Drakengard 3. I guess that kinda had a happy ending.

Everyone died or turned into birds but hey, at least the world was saved, right? :shepface:

I mean, in fairness, our protagonist achieved her goal and that's probably one of the happiest endings you could ever get in a Yoko Taro game.

• Locked thread