Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I was really hoping you'd LP this given how much I enjoyed your previous Yoko Taro LPs and it's already gold :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Supremezero posted:

For reference, this is something like the combined sales of the entire Drakengard series to date. Or the entire sales life of the original Nier.

Yoko Taro will probably end up having made more sales on this game alone than the entire rest of his games combined.

Which is pretty drat amazing.

(Yes he has non-Drakengard and Nier games, but they're mostly irrelevant in sales)

Wait he has non-Drakengard and Nier games? Like what?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Obligatum VII posted:

It will be like a week tops before someone changes it again anyways. Such is the way of Dark Id LPs.

Someone needs to shop an emil head into that avatar and it'll be perfect.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
On the topic of dead bodies, there's definitely areas where they can get so dense they actually get in your way and cause you to die yourself, from my own personal experience. :negative:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

MythosDragon posted:

Cool, I have to admit to loving costume DLC, playing dress up is fun. Maybe one of them isnt a horrendously short slit skirt.

I have bad news for you.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Count me in as one of the 'couldn't hear in game, could hear in the video when I knew when to listen' people. It's pretty hard to hear since it seems to blend in with my tinnitus, but the pulsing gives it away.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

HenryEx posted:

If you want to know exactly how hosed your ears already are, find out here.

By the way, the common sample rate by way of the CD Music standard (44.1 KHz) was chosen to be able to render sounds up to a frequency of 22 KHz. What percentage of your CDs can you already not hear anymore? :)

I can only hear up to 15 KHz and I'm only 26 years old :negative:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Now that we've seen the desert area and the desert housing area... My own personal theory is that the hub city was built after Nier, given that I don't remember that game having a city just hanging about despite being in the same general area since Facade is (or was rather) here.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got like 90% of the way through the first Lords of Shadow before a bug stopped my playthrough on my previous computer (turns out you literally cannot kill one of the bosses if your computer hardware isn't above the minimum required specs :shepicide: The trap you need to lead them into just will not stay open long enough for you to force them into it!) and I never touched more than the demo of 2, but I would greatly enjoy seeing those.

I know it's kind of off topic but.. What? How in the world do your computer specs matter for how long a trap stays open, even if your fps were lower than intended wouldn't that just make the game lag and everything take longer on your own end, including that trap closing?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I repeat myself from earlier in the thread:

gently caress me sideways.

What is wrong with your brain that you somehow grinded to level 99 on super low level enemies before getting fast travel.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm pretty sure the final update in the quest log after finishing all that at least implies that Sartre got his dumb rear end killed in his journey, so we can at least take solace in that.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Sentient Data posted:

Since the thread recently took another trip to the amusement park, I just wanted to say that seeing the number of player corpses in the courtyard made me legitimately sad. The reward text spelled it out as clear as day - the amusement park is a mirror, and the fact that so many people would fight them made me seriously :smith:

Funny how such a simple death mechanic that was probably just thrown in as an afterthought could end up having an emotional impact

Vvv: the text apparently took a trip to an adjustment park without my noticing

If the Amusement Park machines didn't want me to kill them then they shouldn't have had Unit Data entries.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Momomo posted:

The whole thing with Emil kind of annoys me, because I got really unlucky and never saw him until I had like two sidequests left in the entire game. I think at one point I heard his theme a bit but had no idea what it was, so I didn't think to look on the map.

There's literally no luck involved, he always spawns in that exact spot 100% of the time until you meet him. You just never walked over there for some reason, even though there's a sidequest right next to there.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

The Dark Id posted:

So here's something I'd never seen before while I was recording footage for the next update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGN7obUBQ8

Edit: The Stubbies didn't actually go flying off the cliff. They all landed on the bridge. Had to fight them afterwards.

I've beaten the game, have all the trophies, done every sidequest, and gotten every ending. I had absolutely no idea that could happen, and now I'm wondering what else I've missed.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Arp1033 posted:

IIRC, they look a lot like the UFOs from one of the Silent Hill games?

They look like just some generic ufo design to me, much like the aliens are also supposed to be completely generic.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
My very first response to 'they had it comin' machine was to murder the poo poo out of it. I signed up for treasure, not desecrating a grave and the extra creep factor from it after settled the matter.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

InfinityComplex posted:

At the start of all of this, 9S said that he was backing their current selves up to the network before detonating.

He only managed to backup 2B, he was restored from a pre-mission backup. Which still leaves the 'Why didn't they just restore the deserter from a pre-mission backup as well?' question open.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Jet Jaguar posted:

So does 9S fall off the rods that are pinning him to the wall, or does he teleport from there to the ground? I expect him to be a bit more banged up, though he clearly can't walk in his current condition.

And do they ever hint where all the other YoRHa androids come from in the Copied City? It seems really crowded for being at the bottom of an inaccessible elevator.

The pod says that it's unlikely any of them came there on their own, so the machines (just Adam?) dragged them down there. Also my assumption was that the rods holding 9S up collapsed, just like the blocks uh, blocking the entrance did.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

some guy on the bus posted:

Yeah, my strategy of keeping distance was not a good one. This is what happened to me over and over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTD6GRzS7fM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u22vWrtyHro

Then when I went in close though, it was hard to time his shock waves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15hWJo-EXWI

Have you considered that maybe you're just underleveled/playing on a difficulty level that's too high for you, because that boss really isn't that hard.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Man the rest of YoRHa really must stuck if they can't stand up to the might of like four to six Engles without 9S backing them up.

I mean, we saw how effective they were in the Grun fight, aka not at all.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So uh, I guess you're not going to show what happens if you kill both Engels on foot instead of doing the set boss fights for them?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm pretty sure that Enhanced Machine has one feature that the other chip combiners don't have, which is that it can combine chips past +6.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Leraika posted:

I jumped off the bridge to see if I could the first time I got there and promptly got loving destroyed :shrug:

I jumped off the bridge, saw the enemies that were 30 levels higher than me and promptly spent like 20 minutes panicking and shooting everything slowly to death with my pod because I forgot about the respawn system.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
6O's line is the biggest sucker punch there.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

On the plus side for 9S, now that he's got his girlfriends hand for himself, self-maintenance isn't self-maintenance anymore.

Pretty sure someone made something for just this situation...

Here we go!

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

I'm really glad to see this, thank you Id. It can be pretty hard to own up to your past mistakes but I doubt there's even one of us who couldn't be described as a shithead in the past, but I hope that we've all grown up and will continue to improve as people as the years go by.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

The Dark Id posted:

Next update will be tomorrow and then they should get regular again next week. Spent yesterday grinding to Level 99 and getting all the remaining weapons to max. Should streamline future events! I'm finishing this goddamn war LP before this month is out.

Edit: Got destroyed by snow yesterday and spent all day today having a loving Yakuza side-mission solving the riddle of a locked gate leading to a neighbor's generator.

Well I certainly hope that you recorded your footage for the other ending before leveling up that far, because doing it at 99 is something I definitely regretted.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I don't remember exactly how long it took me to complete the same grind for unit data but four and a half hours sounds about right honestly.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Darth TNT posted:

Also why are Adam and Eve there, I thought they were dead? :psyduck:

Just because two bodies of theirs disconnected from the network doesn't mean they were deleted from it. It's not different from the backups that Yorha had, except that they were constantly updated until they were disconnected.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

painedforever posted:

Okay, that's pretty incredible.

I'm guessing that the extra shooters are completely anonymous?

Go watch the video already, these aren't questions you'd be asking if you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Speaking of that 'All Yorha blackboxes confirmed offline' line, I choose to believe that the Pods forgot about the drugged out Yorha at the oil fields and the one just enjoying the oasis. The scanner in the library is absolutely dead though, gently caress that guy.

• Locked thread