Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm too lazy to quote, but Id, in the medium quadruped description, you wrote "claw-life" instead of "claw-like".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Again, too lazy to quote, but Id, you've got 21O saying "for targets to hack" when you want "four".

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The Dark Id posted:

A new page gets a new update.

:bsdsnype:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 5, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I loving love turning the enemies into an adorable robo army.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Become as gods, indeed.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I love Beepy.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don't care what it is, I'll probably play it (as long as its not on vita)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SatansBestBuddy posted:

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”

I goddamn wish Adam was AM.

Leraika posted:

So are the pods going to revolt and kill off 2B and 9S or something?

Of course not. Sharing data is just improving their ability to function together, right?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

maybe hold off on your discussion of how you feel about the whole game in an ongoing LP thread about the game

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It might feel drawn out because Id is dedicating updates to sidequests, and also going for roughly full completion

That’s a whole lot of time between actual story progress bits

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Who are the Overlords, and who are the Children?

Mhm.

Anyway, I really wish they'd cut out a lot of Route B. It's just padding.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

He’s a robot and this might be the actual worst derail short of turning into a debate on Israel/Palestine

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The Nines and Moose show didn’t meet with much success, as our android pal accidentally poked it and then got clobbered to death.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Maybe, just maybe, the people who designed the androids could have built in safety features.

One benefit of our good ol' squishy computing is that finding a virus compatible with neurochemical signaling is a bit hard.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

It reminds me of D4 throwing in its intro cinematic twice, once near the start of the game, the next time when you discover that your partner is investigating something completely insane.

I kinda want Yoko Taro and SWERY to team up, now that I think about it.

Oh, and yeah. YorHa isn't winning this one...but that doesn't mean they've lost. Victory comes in many forms.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 22, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

How about we don’t talk about material that Id will cover, at all

You dumb motherfucker

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Top boy remains top boy.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

NieR's sequel being extremely melancholy? Shocking.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Shei-kun posted:

Looking back with my current knowledge of what happens...

don't do this

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Combat data is quite important when you're testing out variously programmed and designed experimental combat machines.

I'd give this example of the cliche a pass for actually being the correct action to take, given that YorHa apparently had functionally limitless resources and less than total care for the mental health of their robots.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Andyzero posted:

Maybe A2 and 2B are the program, or "sisters" the same way Adam and Eve were.

I was about to type this wouldn't include android orgies....but....:yokotaro:

why would you write this post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Thanks, Emil.

Appropriate as always!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Seriously, everyone, watch the highlight video.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sindai posted:

Did you know Yoko Taro also does let's plays? Someone translated an old one he wrote for Animal Crossing: https://twitter.com/i/moments/933274924914917376

This is great

It’s like the terrible secret of animal crossing, but “adult”

Jen X fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 23, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Pascal and the kids' tinny voices kinda ruined the drama of the scene for me when I played

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

What would make anyone think he was at all liable to seek revenge?

Dude seems likely to kill himself if you don’t do it for him (either by wiping his memories and hoping newer Pascal can do better this time, or straight up assissted suicide), and there’s no “try to help him get past his grief at the machine kid suicide bonanza” option.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

FisheyStix posted:

It's a whole ship of theseus deal but the main thing that would be missing has got to be that gentle Pascal voice. It's like the auditory version of a cinnamon roll.

The term "cinnamon roll" should probably sink back to the depths it was dredged up from.

Also, people, you're not going to solve "what makes a person a person? What makes them a specific person? What am I?" in an LP thread if 350 years of philosophy from Locke onwards hasn't done it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

not an emptyquote

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I love memory-wiped pascal so much

the joke is so, so good

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

euphronius posted:

I'm going to need like 20 posts of exegesis when this is over.

Don't worry, judging by how great this thread is with spoilers and arguments, you'll get it in about 3 pages, well before the game is close to over.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

lets hang out posted:

Just wouldn't mesh well with Theme of PUBG

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Y'all should listen to the variant of Song of the Ancients that plays here, even if Id didn't see fit to add sirens.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Charles_Kinbote posted:

So when you're looking at the Devola and Popola blowing themselves up in N:A, you're looking at completely innocent people who've been forced to suffer guilt pangs for something completely unrelated to them--it's almost literally Jews in medieval Europe getting pogromed once in a while because Christ, a Jew, was executed by the Romans at the behest of Jewish elites, when Christ himself wanted to die and it was closer to assisted suicide..

No, it isn't, you loving moron.

They're robots who got guilt chips

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Aww, see guys, the box unit wasn't destroying his memories.

It was just torturing him with them, because the machine higher ups are dicks (unlike their creators, who are dicks.)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh good, another agressive chinese orb.

How terrifying.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:allears:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

If nothing else, this bossfight is probably the second coolest moment in the game thus far, right after the title drop + bunker explosion

The constant shift between perspectives is really loving awesome.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Too many remaining living, sapient beings for my taste.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

You got it.

The capital Delta symbol is Yud (e.g. Y), and the Ayin is O here, not E, so that's definitely "yorha truth".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sindai posted:

oh my god

• Locked thread