Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Your son’s art isn’t dumb. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This isn’t the thread in games, friend

Moochewmoo posted:

I just finished this and God damnit I have a million questions that the game didn't seem ready to answer. But I'm also missing a poo poo ton of Intel reports so maybe that will fill in gaps.

Going to tag my poo poo anyways because manners.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

the gently caress is wrong with you?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I was spoiled that you fought emil in this game way back before I even played it. I thought, "oh no, he's the final boss, right? He's evil?"

I then stole his poo poo, and just cracked up when the distorted store theme started playing, because of goddamn course. Of course he's a goofy superboss and not evil or whatever.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Before I played, I was spoiled that you could fight Emil.

I thought the shopkkeper fight was that. Then I got to this and, uh, wow.

Wow.

Yeah.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This thread was so good about not pulling the "Oh my god you guys, I can't wait for you to experience []!" thing, too

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Also Childhood's End is a pretty good book but YorHa units don't look enough like Satan for the reference to work correctly, imo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Wow way to spoil that Satan is the final boss.

this isn't hit indie game The Binding of Isaac though??

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Journey did it better.

And Emi Evans' version is the best of the three.

Very good game though.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don't quite get people crying over it, but it's a really well executed bit

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mazed posted:

By the way, I sincerely hope nobody here came by the impression that when we say that the ending made us cry, that it made us sad. It's called being emotionally moved, and I highly recommend it if you've yet to allow it of yourself.

This is just needlessly dismissive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I do kinda wish the game actually showed us 9S and 2B standing up, just because I prefer visuals over “and then everyone came back as you collectively said ‘gently caress that!’ to everyone dying” (which is still pretty great)

But maybe I’m just sappy

• Locked thread