Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
While I somehow found Nier by myself in late 2010, it wasn't until I stumbled upon your Drakengard LP a year later that I became fully entrench in all things Yoko Taro. Hell, by my count, you have probably been his most effective salesperson over the last decade.

I'm really glad you returned for this, Id. I began to think Setsuna would be your last LP for years to come. You're my favorite Lper on this site, and responsible for a lot of laughs and injokes between me and my brother. We both ended up buying copies of Automata, and we're each about 70-80% of the way through.

Back when this was announced, we couldn't believe it was a project that could exist, let alone be given to a competent developer like Platinum. Even now, I can't believe the game is as amazing as it is, almost 50 hours in. While I've been a fan of Nier and Drakengard 3, I admit that those games are poorly made and saved only by a combination of music, aesthetic, and writing. Yoko Taro has finally hit a grand slam after years of walks, and I could not be more proud. I hope the goober gets plenty more development opportunities in the years to come. Which means you'll also be shackled to the man in turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015

NHO posted:

Will you show one of best things in the game - petting the pod?

What? gently caress off, I'm probably nier the end of the game and I didn't know you could do that.

I also didn't realize Pod 042 was Albert Wesker/Grimoire Noire. He really toned down the haminess while still remaining an engaging character.

I was also a fool who tried to play on Hard until I died 3 times right before the last bullet hell segment. I toned down to Normal, but I still got my rear end kicked for 40% of my playthrough.

My little brother and I both bought the soundtrack separately today on iTunes as soon as I found out it was available. I'm lucky I had about 20 dollars leftover from a giftcard I redeemed years ago.

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

So these big computer terminals are NieR: Automata’s save points. Just being within the vicinity of one lets us do a Quick Save from the menu. Quick Save is a bit of a misnomer here. It’s the only kind of a real rear end save. A manual save from the System menu just lets us change which of the three slots we save our Quick Saves into.

It takes roughly .8 seconds to pop into the menu and tap Quick Save when near these gizmos. You don’t even have to stay in the menu for it to complete. There is NO AUTO-SAVE and this takes ALMOST NO TIME AT ALL to do when in the area. If you gently caress up and die, losing hours of progress because you’ve grown into a soft busta over the years, that’s entirely on you!

It was me. I was the soft busta.

In all honesty, a couple of save shenanigans resulted in about 5 hours of lost time early on. That sort of killed my desire to play in the busy days after release. Otherwise I probably would have finished it in one week instead of only being about 98% of the way now (without miscellaneous grinding).

Good loving game though. Maybe the best of the year, and obviously the best of the Taroverse.

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015

someone just give this man a blank check and a perpetually competent dev team

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
I'm in the middle of attempting to platinum and 100% this game, and I love it to bits, but there's one goddamn fish I haven't gotten after 200+ plus attempts in the span of 36 hours.

This sure is a Yoko Taro game.

That said, the fishing is pretty relaxing, so I'm not going to complain too loudly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015
gently caress, finally replying to this thread for the first time in months, because, even after playing every DrakenNier multiple times in the last 7 years, the Wandering Couple quest was perhaps the most feelsbadman.jpg moment I think I've ever experienced in them.

Like, you ever get such a bad feeling in your gut you feel nauseous? I think this is the first thing in a game that gave me that.

Ugh.

• Locked thread