Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if emotions are a sign of their programming becoming "Corrupt". 9S being all "BEEP BOOP ROBOTS BAD ANDROIDS GOOD" seems like a fresh install of the program commands, while 9O probably has been chugging away for hundreds of cycles/years/etc.

Maybe the reason that "Emotions Are Prohibited" is that if the reports show irrational emotional responses, you get wiped and reinstalled. Much like a troublesome Windows PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Honestly this feels like a parallel with Nier itself: This project has been going on so long that the machines left to do the work have decided to do what they want instead of listening to instructions. Bitrot strikes again!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Stephen9001 posted:

This seems like it could hit the point of "too many cooks". Which I guess could still result in some kind of hilarious clusterfuck.

Too Many Cooks seems like a great idea to me for these kind of crazy geniuses!

Really it would be great to see the madness they could come up with, in some sort of minimalist resource gamechef enviroment. Like they have to use RPGMaker or such.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DanielCross posted:

ThedarkestIdGeop timeline.

Fixed that for ya

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm grasping the message of this game but once all is said and done I'd appreciate a analysis.

But man, both sides inflicting so much suffering for nothing it seems is really :smith:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That's your reward for playing this game to 100%? Not only killing Best Boy Email, but learning that his clones, and thus different versions of him, have been going insane from an eternal war and have been infected by The Watchers?

:yokotaro:

I literally said out loud "That's not a good sign" when they all started chanting

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
the last few years have been pretty great for gaming, lots of titles that reach in and make you cry, not because of how sad and painful things are, but because there is HOPE

Thanks TDI, it's been a pleasure to be with you on this wild ride, and I hope you and your family are all doing well.
This...can continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
TheDarkID, faithful player of this series, you have helped the weak, and suffered great hardships, both in and out of this game.

Some may say that your efforts are purely for show.
We thank you for your efforts.

And so we must say goodbye. I feel a slight amount of... sadness.

To you, and all the rest of this thread:

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

• Locked thread