Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Arriving at destination: ground floor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUCfX1P1ik

I can't wait for the next 'loving this poo poo' moment to hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I certainly did not expect this poo poo.

Robot orgy and crazy misplaced enactments of human life aside.

What the gently caress, Yoko Taro :stare:

EDIT: Okay, so, immediate reaction aside, and having watched the video footage, I noticed something interesting. The Goliath robot lifeform has some neat design aesthetics to it. Its body is made up of several controlling robot lifeforms. A tiny head at the top. One entire robot lifeform making up the jetpack. A tiny and unmasked head sticking out from the crotch and having a view of where the legs end up. For some reason, there's also a robot lifeform head module in each of its arms. Not exactly sure what the significance is of that, but these things can combine and did so even before they decided to Voltron up into this Sephiroth spawning robo womb.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 21, 2017

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

The Dark Id posted:

Take note that the thing’s actual head is below the body’s “neck” there. See? There’s a little round machine lifeform head. And it looks pissed.

All that aside, there’s also one final trick up Simone’s skirt. And it is err...

A giant Xenomorph dick! Sure, why not? That’s happening now. We should PROBABLY stay the hell away from the snarling butt worm and finish this boss off from afar. Not just because it’s a freaky teethed cybernetic horror coming from under a robotic opera singer’s butt. But because...

NIER! AUTOMATA! :stonkhat:

As an aside, I dig how this is a continued theme - components have little bitty heads controlling them. Even the giant xenomorph dick. Especially the giant xenomorph dick.

Rainuwastaken posted:

The chiptune music when you get hacked in this fight is such a nice touch. I had a big, stupid grin on my face when it happened to me.

I absolutely love how the music segues almost cleanly from orchestral to chiptune and back as you're forcibly switched between gameplay segments like that. It's just gorgeous.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

White Coke posted:

Will the giant Emil heads get appropriately sized tuk-tuks?

Cargo liner ships. With oversized, massive tank threads.

I'm honestly worrying about the state of Emil and how that relates to the robot lifeforms we've found so far. Especially after that giant head garden.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Escalation, alright :stare:

Grün's musical theme does have a sweet nautical, swashbuckling slant to it.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Zagglezig posted:

Pod 153 Proposal: A moose has walked into a bar.

Pod 042 Analysis: It has deficient eyesight or the bar was deliberately camouflaged as a trap.

:golfclap:

Additionally,

The Dark Id posted:

2B new well enough to leave the Party Tank in peace and let those goofy machine boys have a fun time. They weren’t hurting anyone. However, now that 9S is in charge of this shindig... he simply cannot abide reckless partying behavior. They’re causing a ruckus. There’s going to be noise complaints from the neighbors. They’ve simply got to go!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Well then. I didn't realize this worked.

Picayune posted:

The thing is, those six numbers are also the names of the six sisters from Drakengard 3. :tinfoil:

I want to believe we are not quite going to see the Pods quite reference that. Especially considering the subservience and utilitarian nature of the Pods so far.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

This sure was sad.

It sure is.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Kavak posted:

Is Emil going to turn out to be behind everything?
Odds are he is. Let's get strapped in :beerpal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

EclecticTastes posted:

You know, it just occurred to me, the game keeps making you listen to the end credits, each time in a different language, which would naturally make you pay more attention. That sort of thing would be pretty solid preparation if, say, the game was planning to make you engage in a rhythm battle over that same track. :tinfoil:

No god. No.

No.

NOOO.

• Locked thread