Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

The Berzerker posted:

There are empty raincoats with IT balloons on drat near every corner in downtown Toronto today.

https://twitter.com/bronektdw/status/902900078955945984

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

It is going to absolutely loving destroy the box office. The Hitman's Bodyguard has been number one four weeks in a row.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Maybe I'll see it again, but it also feels like y'all are reading way too much depth into what actually plays as a lovely, generic, modern horror flock.

I don't have time to make a big post about it right now, but you are the one who is clouding their judgement here. I've never read the book and only saw the miniseries once when I was like ten, so I'm the perfect person for your complaints of "people who didn't read the book just won't get this they have to read it to fill it in!!!!!" and you're completely wrong.

You don't need to read the book to know that Bill chanting nonsense is a speech exercise.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I don't know if Silver has any book significance I guess but one of the scenes of Billy riding the bike he absolutely yells "Hi-ho Silver, away!" so if your complaint is that they don't explain Bill loves the Lone Ranger in the movie and thus his bike shouldn't be called Silver, that falls flat too.

Basically, the movie would have been much worse the way you want it to be, apparently. Adding a scene where Bill explains to someone that he has a speech exercise for his stutter is useless when it's very obvious that's what it is.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

deoju posted:

Just realized something...

When Georgie goes down to the basement to get the wax he's scared of something he sees on the shelf, but it turns out to just be 3 light bulbs.

The whole movie is kids being scared of something that is really just 3 'dead lights.'

It's only two

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hey, that's cool because the Leper wasn't CGI

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I haven't read through the entire thread but I just saw this last night.

The scene with the slide projector where Pennywise pops out of the screen and he's huge is the best right? I assume most people would agree on that?

Anyway I was hoping for more of the really crazy poo poo from the book but I didn't realistically expect it to be in there. At least there is some indication that they're keeping the idea of the dead lights and not just completely throwing that out.

Absolutely, definitely for the reasons you've said but also the music in that part is perfect. It makes it feels like a boa constrictor is wrapping around you and you can feel your last breaths coming.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hard to verify because his account is locked, but a bunch of news sites have been running it as confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Eshettar posted:

From what I hear, Jessica Chastain has been cast as the adult Beverly. There IS a photo but I'm incompetent and cannot figure out how to imbed an Instagram page into my post. While I hang my head in shame, here's a link to make up for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/stephen-kings-it-chapter-2-starts-shooting-first-i/1100-6460080/

We’ve known the full cast of the losers club for a while now, Chastain was the first one cast.

http://ew.com/movies/it-chapter-two-adult-actors-cast

• Locked thread