Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

tbp posted:

i never read the book or saw the original series before and i watched this last night, i thought it was good and pretty creepy, however i am certain that the being IT would have no power over me because i fear nothing, and would be capable of defeating it in 1v1 combat without a second thought.

you might be able to beat a clown, but can you beat ... your dad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

I could see Curry's Pennywise as, like, Satan. But he's a slightly little too human for what It is supposed to be, yeah.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

What do they do to practical effects like that in the post production process that makes em look CGI?

the entire special effects industry is built on the fact that the average filmgoer is vastly, vastly worse at judging what is "real" than they think they are, its just that this swings the other way when a boogeyman like CGI can be blamed for everything they don't like.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Curry's felt more inhuman and demonic than the new one.

It really didn't.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Like, I said this earlier in the thread, but I could buy Curry's Pennywise as satan, maybe, but he's still an extremely human portrayal, within the context of human antagonism. Skarsgaard absolutely brings a sort of deep sea fish vibe that Curry was not going for in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Its not like it's hard to costume the guy in such a way that he looks appropriately nerdish.

• Locked thread