Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

holy poo poo I just saw Pennywise manifest himself as the last couple of pages of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I hope they high-five in the air, personally.

only if they freeze frame and then roll the credits/Christopher Cross song

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Vicissitude posted:

Don't lose it. It's always best to have a rational fear of Tim Curry.

It prequel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Tyler Perry's It

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Fart City posted:

My dude didn't just like Maximum Overdrive, he directed it. And was heavily featured in the trailer, aka the single best thing Stephen King has ever done in the history of his career:

I beg to differ. EDIT: boo, missing half of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXU0uq-B6F8

Gaz2k21 posted:

Nah he didn't he just allowed his body to be a vessel for cocaine to direct a movie.....

And it ruled!

This man is correct. It is impossible to hate Maximum Overdrive and I can prove it on a blackboard. Killer ice cream trucks playing "Trailers for Sale or Rent"? A Little League team massacred by a coke machine? PAT HINGLE with a loving BAZOOKA? This, the second best thing King has ever done in his life?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0h2TfNSHs

Rev. Bleech_ fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 14, 2017

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I almost forgot, Maximum Overdrive also features Giancarlo Esposito shouting "YO MAMA" at inanimate objects before being murdered by an arcade machine

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

The Stand was a fairly ok TV miniseries adaptation that I would either rank at or just around IT. Just the same, it's a network TV adaption and there's a loving ton of hosed up poo poo from the book that it could've used.

An honest to God Netflix or HBO adaptation that spent time in No Great Loss area, or more time on how the fascist military overreaction to everything made everything worse, would be great.

Should they ever do the big-screen trilogy they talked about, the credits on the first one should just be peppered with "No Great Loss" stingers

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Kevyn posted:

The movie monsters should all be from Stephen King movies

"Bevvie? Come on over here sugarbuns! This machine just called me an rear end in a top hat!"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

It 2: The Quickening

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Drink-Mix Man posted:

it's still scarier to see the woman at the beginning get sucked underwater by an unseen force than it is to see a boating accident

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

This stalled the story which was superficial to begin with. Also most of the kids seemed unaffected from what would be traumatic experiences

This is something King wrote about at length elsewhere, that kids can internalize this sort of poo poo far easier than adults. IIRC his example was that a kid who watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre would have nightmares for a week then be back to normal, whereas if you gave an adult some acid and had them watch the same thing, they stand a good chance of emerging a complete basket case.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Yaws posted:

I NEED GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF CHILDHOOD DISMEMBERMENT AND MURDER!

SUBTLETY? IMPLICATION? NOT WORDS IN MY VOCABULARY!

BLUNT VIOLENCE! THAT'S ALL I UNDSERSTAND

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

god why couldn't it have been your posting arm

Everything *about* Maximum Overdrive owns. It has Pat Hingle with a loving bazooka for christ's sake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GQg06SX90

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

banned from Starbucks posted:

IT should just go to a horse ranch. Its hella easy to scare a horse and theres more meat. And a horse prob wont hit you in the face with a bat.

poor freckles, saw a baloon and died

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Looten Plunder posted:

I'm not super well versed in King, but what are some other examples of this?

I've always thought it would be cool if King licensed his short story stuff for some sort of Black Mirror type anthology show. I remember a bunch of his short stories in Nightmares and Dreamscapes ending with the kind of morbid twists that Black Mirror is famous for.

He did for a miniseries. Results were mixed, but I recall Battleground being p. cool

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Tim Curry in....The Krusty the Klown Story: Booze, Drugs, Guns, Lies, Blackmail and Laughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Hard to verify because his account is locked, but a bunch of news sites have been running it as confirmed.

"At least my mom refused to ever let me go to NASCAR."

• Locked thread