Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Adiabatic posted:

Just bought my Electric Zoo ticket!
Above & Beyond Heldens Deadmau5 Prydz Solveig Schulz Diablo Excision Yellowclaw and they havent even announced half of em yet!
:highfive: Nice, I may get to one of the bigger shows this year but for now I have tickets to Shakybeats in Atlanta.

fjelltorsk posted:

I am no expert, but all of those Qs where on the ADHD test i just finished with my therapist. But there where many many more.

I did fairly well, so i am starting Ritalin trials arter easter
My brother's been on and off of Ritalin since he was around 10, it makes a world of difference for him. Hope it works as well for you.

:golfclap:

meltie posted:

gently caress Haynes.

I'm always amazed how much the usefulness and quality of Haynes/Bentley manuals can be. Some can be referred to for everything imaginable on the car, others are best used as a wheel chock.

cakesmith handyman posted:

I bought a pressure washer, I think I got a full house on my dad card.
Pressure washers are awesome and very useful. If you like washing your cars I recommend a foam cannon

April seems like a good time to bring the 320i back out. Time to finally hook up the parking brake, put a center muffler on it (so I don't wake up neighbors leaving at 5:30am) and wash it.

Think I'm going to lay down a thick coat of that rust stopped stuff on the Courier floor pans. After a couple coats of that I need to figure out what to paint it with to prevent further rust, tempted to do something like a bed liner or even several thick coats of plastidip. No carpet in the truck just a rubber mat that snaps in place. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

First big Cars & Coffee of the year ended with a bang

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSWLGnkBt6O/

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 1, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

That would be me. Brilliant story telling and editing. Also a relief they didn't piece it out week by week.

Oh ffs. We no longer have C&C because people can't stop doing burnouts and leaving trash. It got axed two years ago for getting too huge. Something like 250 cars showed up the first decent weekend of the year. Are you still coming out this way? Should get a goonmeet happening.
Too much poo poo happenening at my sites to head out there until possibly a few months later. Think mid-late May I might come out to support an install. I'll let you know if anything firms up.

I AM BRAWW posted:

What do you reckon caused this? Driver just being a total idiot? I always feel a little weary about driving my 350z on wet roads after seeing stuff like this, even thought my car is by no means a Dodge Viper.
High horsepower car, cold tires, jackass behind the wheel. When things started to go bad he panicked and lifted likely due to inexperience, could have saved it fine if he'd stayed on the gas and eased off. Just lucky there were trees to stop him from crossing into the oncoming traffic. This was a smaller 4-500 cars show but is higher end for the most part, out big local show is 1500+ cars and open to everything. Both get plenty of people being idiots when they arrive or leave.

Did some half assed rust repair on the Courier and temporarily patched up the holes with aluminum tape. Will probably end up cutting out and welding in new panels once life settles down a bit. Pretty sure the thing is going to get a few coats of bed liner to cover the floor once it's properly patched/repaired.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I got the same sensation as the first night I ran for more than an hour.

Overall I'm not pleased with my workout last night. I followed a basic workout using th Fitness Buddy app and it just seemed overly complicated. I need to sort out a workout that I can do in 30 minutes after my 45-60 minute run on the elliptical.
Look up barbell complexes, they'll kick your rear end and are kind of fun.
To get you started the Evil 8 Complex is what I do if I don't have time for my usual stuff - https://www.t-nation.com/training/screw-cardio-four-complexes-for-a-shredded-physique
Otherwise look at an actual program (starting strength, stronglifts, etc) over in the YLLS general thread OP - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483424

monsterzero posted:

Getting married to a beautiful goonette :regd07: in about two hours.
Haven't had a second thought ever, but I felt like I was going to pass out a minute ago while sitting in a chair. That's normal, right?
Congrats man

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

CornHolio posted:

So, I sat down with my boss (who is a pretty swell guy) and told him I had an opportunity. He went and got approval for a pay increase - $77,000 to $82,245 plus a third week of vacation.
:hfive: Sounds like a great outcome to me, well done

Completely unrelated after ~9 months of CL and eBay alerts I snagged a rowing machine (Concept 2 Model D) for cheap a couple miles from my house. Between that and getting the trials bike back out it's time to get my endurance back to where it should be. Also means more calories which I'm not thrilled about but :meh:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

Nice work! How much did you end up paying for the Model D?
$300, feel like I stole it compared to what I've seen them listed at. It's a bit older with the PM3 vs the PM5 but that doesn't bother me at all.

Enourmo posted:

Time to start looking for a new ride. My mom seems to be guiding me toward taking out a loan for a new car since I'll be graduated in a year, but :gonk:. I'm leaning toward a 90s-early 00s beater pickup, I have a short commute and the utility would be nice.
gently caress no do not take out a loan, find a $1500 beater Ford Ranger or something and drive it until it rusts apart around you then maybe think about taking out a loan. So many people I graduated with took out loans then either didn't find work or didn't make what they thought they would be. Best thing I did was buying a $1k pickup truck then a few years later splurged for a $3k VW that I'm still driving ~180k and 8 years later.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

lol @ flipping 944 for profit

but it for fun, buy it to practice turning wrenches, buy it to practice wasting money but dont pretend you'll flip it for profit

I'll just echo this. I bought the 928 to flip, ended up keeping it way longer than planned and fixing things as they broke. In the end I maybe made a couple hundred bucks but that didn't matter because I enjoyed the car and got to drive a drat 928 for a few years.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Welp I'm officially engaged!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

This thread is killin it. House buyin', getting engaged...

:ohdear: We're becoming domesticated guys. Quick someone buy a track prepped e30 or something!

I'm trying to offset the domestication...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

answer naked brandishing a firearm. works every time.

Fixed for living in the south. I have no soliciting signs on the mailbox and the ramp to front porch, if they still bug me they're getting yelled off the property. I'm a very chill friendly person but I don't put up with that poo poo. Was 2-3 times a week for a while, the signs slowed it to once a week then taking their picture (personal and plate) and information while pretending to call 911 reduced it to once a month.

If the girlfriend answers and its solicitors she either slams the door in their face or grabs the shotgun.

edit: Getting a new work laptop in a week or so, this is finally motivated me to install LastPass

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

KakerMix posted:

This, same with Chik Fil A. The ony bit of power I have in this system is to choose where to spend my money. Costco for everything I possibly can for me, thanks.

Cross posting a bit but I've bought another tiny kei van although this one is pretty special.

1983 Daihatsu Hijet in excellent shape inside and out with 12,000 miles on it (20k kms). Paid 3800 for it and it will cost around another ~1500+ to get it to me in Florida but then I'm pretty confident that I can say I have the only 1983 Hijet in the United States. At least a yellow/beige one with such low miles. I should have it in about a month, month and a half but will have many more pictures before that time.

Using https://www.japancardirect.com/, working with Matt and Scott who are both Americans living in Japan that do exporting to the US. If you hit em up say that Devin sent you.

You're going to have the most adorable garage in AI :3:

I really want one of the Kei pickup/utility trucks and the fiance even said go for it but I've held back for now. Thanks for another drat site to tempt me

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

everdave posted:

Fun fact in Oak Ridge they have all the signs in kph and km as well because of the nuclear labs
Sad fact...they don't at least they don't any more. I drive through the area daily and have can't remember ever seeing a kph sign. When taking I75 South into Knoxville there is a sign that is in both, I took way too long finding this stupid thing on google maps to not post it...

Cage posted:

RIP mustang. You were not witnessed. :(

drat, always sucks to lose a car to an idiot like that

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

the spyder posted:

The best things in life involve a $300 crown vic, $500 in tires, and a plasma cutter/sawzall/MIG.

:fap: Well that looks stupidly fun

CornHolio posted:

Man, asked a guy when his 944's timing belt was last changed... 5,000 miles ago, in the year 2005.
A twelve year old timing belt.. he was pissed when I told him I didn't think it'd make it the hundred miles home unless it was on a flatbed.
944s have an interval of like, 30,000 or every two years, with the tension checked halfway between.
edit: lmao "car is better than you deserve" when I asked how old the tires were.
That was the same story on the 928 when I picked it up. Less than 2k on the belt but it was done in 2000. Was able to knock $1500 off the asking price for that. then I went on to drive it ~15k miles for three more years Yay for non-interference engines

Rhyno posted:

Then Sunday I'm going to attempt to bear trap the lady with this round metallic thing.
Nice :hfive: I'd been thinking about popping the question then she brought it up and we went ring shopping together. We told everyone a few days later.

We had played with the idea of eloping kind of from the start but she started all the wedding planning stuff so I figured that idea was out the window. Yesterday we had lunch at and toured the venue she wants, great place. But during lunch I asked if eloping was not an option and apparently it is. We talked to all the parents yesterday and other than her Dad they're all cool with it. We'll be thinking it over more this weekend but we may just getting parents and a friend or two at the courthouse then a two week European tour.

Sitting in a hotel in the white trash hillbilly tourist trap that is Gatlinburg Tennessee this weekend while the fiance does the Mountain Man March. Weather's pretty decent and we're a block off the strip so I'll venture out for food a few times but otherwise I avoid this area like the plague.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

CornHolio posted:

Yeah, the 944 has an interference engine though. Not sure I want to risk that.
That's a big ol' nope, unless they'll give you a discount I'd walk. I don't know how bad it is on the 944 but it's a bitch of a job on a 928.

angryrobots posted:

Walk down to Cooter's and get some Dukes of Hazzard gear. :v:
Going to be tough picking between that an Hillbilly Harley :rolleyes: This area is every southern redneck stereotype

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She said yes!

Please no Facebook shout outs yet, we're trying to get ahold of a few family members first!

Congrats man!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Geoj posted:

In my experience it seems that HR exists for one reason - to protect the company
Fixed this for you. HR is there to protect the company. They also do hiring and pay bullshit but that's secondary.

KozmoNaut posted:

Slow cookers/crock-pots. Tell me about them.
They are the ultimate lazy and/or bachelor kitchen appliance. The little disposable baggies that you can get make cleanup a 30 second process. Most recent GWS slow cooker thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712282 The original one has been lost sadly, there was some good stuff in there.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

slurry_curry posted:

Doesn't someone in here have an old Ford Courier? I have been keeping an eye out for a small truck since as we progress on remodeling our house and doing large landscaping changes, I really need something to pickup plants/soil/etc and haul random poo poo around. I have been keeping an eye out for couriers and old datsun pickups since I like the way they look. This courier recently popped up on CL, showed it to my wife who loves it and wants me to go buy it.

Am I stupid for even looking at something like this? I know the smart thing to do would just be buy a mid-90's ranger/nissan hardbody, but they are ugly and my wife thinks the Courier is "cute".

That would be me, 1979 so the next generation body style. That thing looks mint buy it and cherish it. It'll be slow as balls but will run forever and haul anything you're foolish enough to cram in the back of it. Hauled a 3500lb lift in mine a couple weeks ago and other than the brakes being WAY undersized for the load it did just fine.

Here it is with ~1000lb of trash

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 25, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

slurry_curry posted:

Also, that led me into looking at 2.3T swaps, which apparently pretty much bolt right in....
There's a guy on craigslist semi local with several 2.3 engines, turbos, ecus and everything else. I already have a 2.3 in mine so it would be even easier. So far I'm resisting and telling myself I don't need another project but he keeps dropping his price... I mean I've always wanted to mess around with turbos and what better way than on an old truck with questionable brakes (at least I have rotors in front)

blk posted:

New ride

Go take it off some sweet jumps

Well it's official, we're doing a quick courthouse wedding then a small (<25) dinner celebration instead of doing the whole crazy wedding thing. It just kept getting bigger every step of the way. Will save a lot of money and should be a lot less stressful.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Seems like a lot of people wish they would have gone this route. A lot of friends (hers and mine) are popping out of no where saying we're making such a good decision on this. I honestly thought it would be more difficult getting her to go with this idea but we had joked about it early in the relationship. When the wedding went from ~50 close friends to requiring 150 to even reserve the space everything just started getting out of hand quick. Her Dad isn't thrilled about the idea but all the other parents, family and grandparents are. I'm actually really looking forward to it now instead of just trying to figure out how much money its going to cost.

We're looking at under 2.5k (still getting a photographer, nice dinner spot, awesome invites, etc) compared to what was quickly approaching 10k and would have likely blown past it. That leaves a lot of money left over for the honeymoon, future trips and the fence we need to get started on.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

The Locator posted:

My brother has one of those SPOT things with him when he is out 4-wheeling, as he doesn't like going out with others so is always solo. He takes it for my parents who are paranoid about him being out alone, so he pays for the live-updating and has it wired into both his off road vehicles so that they can see that he's ok (gets back to the air-up/trailer location at the end of the day). It pings regular updates to his position on a map that the folks can watch on their tablets.

They are pretty cool, and it's amazing how cheap they are now.

My parents bought me one and a one year subscription when I started riding dirt bikes since I was usually solo on less traveled trails. Also took it whenever I went up to Tail of the Dragon and mountain street riding. They've probably fixed it by now but the reception on mine was poo poo in the mountains with thick tree cover. Was almost as bad as cell reception at the time but that was 2011 or something. Was cool being able to look back on my route and luckily I never needed to hit the 'oh poo poo' button.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

The wife and I are at a yacht club parking lot waiting to go sailing. We're in matching pink tank tops and australia hats sitting next to the AMG. These yuppies dont know what the gently caress.
You two must be so cute :3:

Also cute this foster pup. Shepard Mastiff mix but must have been runt of the litter and possibly a dwarf/pygmy or something, she's tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

I LIKE SAILING
Never tried sailing a 'real' boat but I loved spending the day on our little sunfish boat when I was young. I'd spend the whole day going back and forth across that little lake.

blk posted:

TIL I'm a poo poo mountain biker - I'm an anxious person in general so I go too slow and don't build the inertia needed to carry myself over obstacles. I need a shot of vodka and a xanax before my next ride.
I'm the same on a dirt bike, very slow and careful of tire placement. Switched to a trials bike where slow is good

• Locked thread