Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yes, the MARCH TO SEE A drat BURNOUT, Bape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

I AM BRAWW posted:

What do you reckon caused this? Driver just being a total idiot? I always feel a little weary about driving my 350z on wet roads after seeing stuff like this, even thought my car is by no means a Dodge Viper.

What caused it was a lovely driver turning off his traction control, and then panicking the gently caress out the second anything started happening. If he'd just kept his foot down and then eased out of it this wouldn't have happened, but as soon as the rear starts to skate out to the car's left, instead of just powering out of it he gets terrified and lets off abruptly and doesn't have the skill to pull it back into shape once it starts gripping again because the tires aren't spinning up anymore and the weight shifts forward and he's now pointing 45 degrees to the car's right with zero evidence of being ready to start steering into the skid. He's not even going very fast, it just looks quicker than it actually is since he's going down the road perpendicular to normal travel and threatening to mount the curb.

A 350z doesn't have enough power to do a fuckup that escalates this quickly unless you're an extremely terrible driver.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
women: "It's hard to beat a ramp shag"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
420 hp

smoke tires erry day
https://vimeo.com/212179225

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If your company's success is hinged on whether or not you can fully exploit your workforce to the maximum extent of legality and decent morality be damned, perhaps you're not that great a job creator after all.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

InitialDave posted:

I feel like Uber only hit it big because, as I understand it, minicabs have never been a thing in the USA?

I think a large proportion of Uber drivers here are just minicab drivers using it as an additional avenue for bookings.

No, there's minicabs here. They're called 'Every cab company' though, because there is no such thing as a London Black Cab concept that exceeds the 'generally poo poo service, on their schedule' you get from UK minicabs and cab companies in the US. Which is how Uber managed to claw a foothold - because if you call the local minicab company and it's a 45 minute wait before Steve McDonald can get over to you, it's exactly the same thing as calling any of the 'cab companies' in the US. Uber solved that.

I had a minicab from NW6 once where he didn't know how to get to Harrod's and I had to direct him, which is exactly like getting a medallion'd yellow cab in NYC and he won't know how to get to Central Park. (this happens too)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BraveUlysses posted:

inevitably it comes back to these shitheads saying its a good wage for high schoolers and if you're an adult making minimum wage you're a gently caress up who deserves it

if you wait long enough they'll eventually say some dumbfuck poo poo about how CEO pay can never be capped because then all the good CEOs will go do charity work instead to spite us

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If a company needs government assistance programs to step up and handle the shortcomings in the pay they offer their full time employees in order to main societal order, and additionally the company is profitable because of corporate welfare offered through tax breaks for companies that don't need them but have powerful lobbies and reliance on republican legislative shitheadism, then I guess gently caress the moral dubiousness of garnishing the CEO's wages to pay back some of the governmental largesse they're enjoying at the expense of the middle class and workers for their own company.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Apr 8, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Here's the solution: Stay at your current job, you've got seniority and they respect your contributions so start coming in a little later and going home a little earlier while still being a useful employee. Keeps your commute the same, shortens your time spent in the office, and effectively it's giving yourself a raise on your hourly rate.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CornHolio posted:

Like what?

Like the bit about how it was originally a $70k car and there is no such thing as depreciation on parts or service and the one in that ad is absolutely riddled with rust, or the fact that it's a 16 year old luxobarge that when new was half a second faster to 60 than a V6 Honda Accord which isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Actually, it'd be pretty fun to see a thread about this purchase so I say you get the AMG!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The knights that say kuh-nipp-ex.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

funny Star Wars parody posted:

You earn less but you have like 6 weeks of vacation and actual workers rights and free healthcare and Americans absolutely can't comprehend how much of their cheque is secretly for the healthcare costs they will get

Yes, but as a US-er with a good job and some bit of seniority, I do have 6 weeks of vacation, all the trickledown wealth from billionaires a person could possibly want (thanks Reagan!), $25k worth of my company's money given annually to insurance companies whether I need health care or not, and The Right to Quit My Job If I Don't Like Conditions.

The vacation is pretty nice, I can go on a 2 week vacation and have earned back two of the ten days spent by the time I return.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They used to give out musclecars for $3500 and houses for $8k so don't begrudge me my 6 weeks vacation that everyone could potentially maybe earn if they are just willing to spend 15 years shackled to a corporation.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
All mobile phones suck because life was better before they existed* #LEAVEITOBEAVER

*offer may not apply to minorities, gays, women, or nerds who champion iphones on the internet

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Are you going on the Paris-Dakar Rally or something? If not, then get a can of Fix a Flat, keep your roadside service account up to date, and realize that the 5 flat tires any normal driver will have across their entire driving lifetimes aren't worth being too worried about.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
good work. Now do a burnout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I need to learn how to make my own pizza dough. Have a store bought crust with some Classico pizza sauce, some spinach that was on clearance (expired tomorrow - cooked it down in a little olive oil), and some chopped artichoke hearts. And of course cheese. Should be time for some delish in about 10 minutes.
Oven on as high as it goes, pizza stone in the oven if you're doing flat crust.

1 can of Cento San Marzano tomatoes (yellow can), drained (get the watery stuff out, just want the whole peeled tomatoes)
4 or 5 cloves of garlic
15 fresh basil leaves
salt, pepper to taste. Blend everything up, add tomato paste if it's too watery. You want a pretty thick sauce with little additional moisture.

1 cup of King Arthur bread flour
1 packet Fleischman's 'Pizza Yeast'
2/3 cup water, brought to 120 degrees F
1 tsp of white sugar
maybe 3/4s tsp of salt, I do about 7 or 8 twists of a salt grinder, it's easy to undersalt the crust.
maybe half a tsp of olive oil, I do a couple squirts from a standard condiment bottle

mix the flour, sugar, salt & yeast for about a minute to make sure they're all combined. gradually add the water as you mix the dry ingredients into it by hand, adding the oil and then sprinkling maybe another 1/4 - 1/2 cup of flour in until it's dry enough to mix into a ball (this will take about 3-5 minutes)

Once it's mixed together well, knead it for 4 minutes, folding the dough over on itself and sealing it together to create the puffy air bubbles in the crust when it bakes, then gather it up into a ball and tuck all the loose pieces in, put it in the mixing bowl and sprinkle with olive oil and seal with plastic wrap, let it rise on the warming oven for 3-5 minutes.

Pull your hot stone out of the oven, stretch the dough into your flat crust and spread on the stone, allowing the crust to parbake on the stone as you spread it out thin & even and add the toppings & cheese.

Add sauce (2 or 3 tablespoons ought to do it for a thin crust)
Add toppings. Less is more, if you go overboard it will make the crust soggy. I do about 3 large white mushrooms, one slice of precooked ham per 12" pizza. Remove as much moisture from everything as you can as you go (press it with a paper towel).

Crumble on fresh (not the dry shredded stuff) mozzarella. 3 or 4 half inch slices from a standard mozz log is about right. It probably takes 3 minutes to build the pizza on the stone, this is normal.

rub the exposed rim of the crust with olive oil, salt it, and throw it in on the middle rack for 5-ish minutes or until the cheese is melted and carefully lifting the crust shows you starting to get char marks on the bottom.

Add fresh basil and serve.

Takes me like 45 minutes from start to finish, the sauce mixture makes about 4-5 pizzas. These are a couple I've made in the last few weeks.

Pan crust, just push your dough into a cool cast iron skillet, add twice as much sauce and toppings, and cook for 8-10 mins/until the lower part of the side crust is golden brown.

• Locked thread