Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

norp posted:

UWA is the uni that hosted that anti-science climate "research" thing so probably.

They were going to, but so many of the staff objected that the VC backed down (and complained about being bullied)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

Also as many of you have been asking about UWADeanGate, I've been harassing the ex-business school employee who informed me to find the actual clip online, as he saw it on live TV and then reported it back to me. Turns out it was the outgoing business school dean, who's technically still employed, but on leave until his contract finishes next month - so not really a Lomborg 2.0 situation - but the ABC should probably be dragged over the coals for it.

If we can find the vid online I'll provide linkage. Sorry for the slight anti-climax, I was under the impression he meant the new dean, which would have been slightly more scandalous.
Worst case for an outgoing Dean would have been on $150k+ for years, and probably be looking at 6 figure defined benefit pension too. Just the kind of person who needs a couple of hundred bucks from the government to keep the wolves from the door.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Have the WA Greens got a position on incentivising on-shore iron-ore refinement and steelmaking?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Should I really be surprised that Australia beats out the second largest military in NATO in getting into the top defence spendings?
Italy? They also count the police as military, so that's not an apples for apples comparison. The USA, France, Germany, and Turkey each have more regular military in service.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Bogan King posted:

About 50% of apartments bought off the plan sell for less than their purchase price.

Is it a money laundering operation?

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Birdstrike posted:

get her to run long distance if she's fast she's still kenyan I will take this down if it is considered Racial

OTOH, good at sports is automatic qualification for Australian citizenship.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

ewe2 posted:

Buying a string of investment properties and banking up the loans for them is not an unusual situation in the current market. Negative gearing is only part of the story; the underlying problem is being able to make good on the loans.
Let's not forget the other member of the band, old mate CGT discount.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Makes sense really.

The key take away point is that a commercial bank is doing this while the reserve bank is doing [error file not found].

Isn't this due to APRA doing something about it? (ie liquidity requirement changes)

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
More 457 chat, lots of people at universities are freaking out too, given how it's very common for researchers to come into the country on 457 visas. Now that there's no clarity on what will replace the 457s, it's substantially jeopardising research planning.

Mr Chips fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Apr 23, 2017

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Cartoon posted:

makes me wonder what the gently caress our government and the Department of Veteran's affairs are doing for them. Support our troops yourselves you insufferable muppets.
Pretty sure the DVA medical benefits per person haven't been increasing at the same annual rate as the actual cost of medical care has for WWII veterans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Today I learned that ANZAC day is about 'our freedom'.

• Locked thread