Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

From 12:10 in here if you want to listen.

If everyone is overage and consenting adults why the gently caress are they calling it grooming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Perth's bubble is already deflating... which is nice.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

That's because the state is in the toilet and the Greens are hell bent on ruining their stock in trade.

How so?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

What industry do Greens dislike more than anything else?

Rentseeking?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

A Labor government couldn't garner the political willpower or general support to moderately slightly increase the taxation on mining.

Fundamentally we need campaign donation reform to try and pry business out of our politics before we can start moving to more sane positions.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mark Latham posted:

cultural Marxism

Alarm bells are ringing willy.

EDIT:

Mark Latham posted:

"the elites"

jesus...

hooman fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 3, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Showing support for something == Bullying those who don't support it.

Good to know every Christian wearing a cross has been bullying non believers since forever.

EDIT: :qq:

hooman fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 5, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Urcher posted:

http://theconversation.com/houses-arent-more-unaffordable-for-first-home-buyers-but-they-are-riskier-75130

The median house is more affordable now, but substantially riskier as a tiny rise in interest rates would lead to a significant rise in mortgage repayments.

This is rough as guts and I had to interpolate some data points where I couldn't find info so don't take this as gospel, but it shows kind of what I expected it to show. 1990 is a massive outlier and people are right to complain about housing affordability.

Also note this is for Sydney only and for Average not MEDIAN wage which is a pretty huge difference. From memory it was average wage 80k Median wage 55k, however I couldn't find any historical median wage data.

EDIT: Beaten on average and median above.

hooman fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 5, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Night Shade posted:

Left axis is the average new-purchase mortgage repayment as a fraction of average gross individual income?

Yes.

*hits self with huge stick with "LABEL YOUR AXES" written on it*

Again it's very rough, doesn't take into account compounding or anything else.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

You can buy them through Airbnb and a few other major shops. Don't buy one it's just corporate branding. Punch a Nazi instead.

Buy a ring and punch a nazi. Punch them with the ring. Try to leave a marriage equality ring scar on them, phantom style.

EDIT: I like that Mark Latham got past the fat dog snype rule. Correct mods, Mark Latham is fat, and is a dog.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"The New Militant Gay-Left" is a pretty good username.

EDIT: gently caress you "Old Militant Gay-Left" Dad

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Political parties do funny things when they're in the political wilderness for several years. Alexander Downer was once Liberal leader, for fucks sake.

Latham hated the SDA from memory.

Latham in correct opinion shocker.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I thought Big Business was already communicating their value by advocating for gay marriage though?

I mean hell that makes me think better of those companies I'm fairly cynical about.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Starshark posted:

*In extremely internet voice* Yes, I can't see a problem with beating people who disagree with you!

*extremely D&D voice* Nice strawman.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

you're right the incel anime nazis are too powerful to physically confront

They probably have katanas, I've seen them on the youtubes swinging them around as awkwardly as humanly possible. How can the new militant gay-left ever hope to deal with them!

EDIT:

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 6, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian Au posted:

Non-binary and gender-diverse students who receive the youth allowance have been warned their payments may be cut off because Centrelink’s internal system only allows for male or female.

Affected students say the disruption occurs when university enrolment forms – which commonly provide a third option such as “unspecified” – come up against Centrelink services.

Good job Centrelink.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...re_iOSApp_Other

EDIT:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guardian AU posted:

Looming cuts to community legal centres will undermine their ability to support vulnerable individuals targeted by Centrelink’s “robo-debt” system, the sector has warned.

Community legal centres, which provide legal advice to low-income or otherwise disadvantaged groups, are facing cuts of 30% to federal funding from July.

Those cuts will cause the loss of lawyers and the closure of centres, unless the federal government reverses its decision in the May budget, or state governments step up to fill the gap, as New South Wales did this week.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/06/community-legal-centres-warn-cuts-will-leave-centrelinks-robo-debt-targets-helpless

:suicide:

hooman fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 6, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

Don't worry once Dutton does a coup de gras on Trumpbull and takes over as PM with his loyal army of blackshirts that only answer to him (because like gently caress he'll appoint anyone else to being in charge of Border Force, he'll just add it to his portfolio as PM) I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Any historical parallels come to mind?

Think Dutton can keep the trains running on time?

Thankfully Dutton is a person who has not only the looks but the charisma, intelligence and wit of a potato.

I would say charm as well but that's probably being very unfair to the humble potato.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
That's devastating.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

An Idiot posted:

Looking for relevance and ­audiences, SBS has gained a reputation for voyeuristic TV and, ­recently entered into partnership with Viceland, a “global youth brand”, “to bring some of the best available content from across the world, never before seen in ­Australia”. Programs such as Hate Thy Neighbour, Gay Conversion Therapy, Teen Exorcist, Gaycation, State of Undress and, Life After Food, are featured.

Didn't the government force this on SBS by changing their charter?

EDIT: Or one of their stooges appointed to the board? I seem to remember that happening.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

He doesn't have his name on his own shirt? How's he going to know who he is?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"Complainants cited health conditions including “sleep disturbance, headaches, earaches, ‘pounding’ in the ears, tinnitus, tachycardia, high blood pressure, sight impairment, diabetes, chest-tightening, nausea and general fatigue”, which they blamed on both audible and low-frequency noise, “including infrasound, emanating from turbines”."

"In February last year, Dyer said half the complaints his office had received pertained to windfarms that had yet to be built."

:lol:

The windfarm that has yet to be built gave me diabetes.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/apr/10/abbot-point-coal-port-spill-causes-massive-contamination-of-queensland-wetland

Give the guardian your clicks, read the article.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mr Chips posted:

Is it a money laundering operation?

No just "wise investors" making "wealth growing" decisions!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

Hands up who wants to watch a boiled ham vox pop people in the Inner West about Trump? It's six and a half minutes of Latham so get your tissues and lube and get ready to :circlefap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huWTkSzR3fU

The pushed question is amazing.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

I wish Mark Latham would interview me so I could pull his head off on camera.

Would watch.

Can you take him for a ride on your hilbilly-copter and throw him into the sea?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
How do you refer someone to the electoral comission for not being validly elected for being a citizen of a foreign nation?

Because honestly, why hasn't this been done?

EDIT: I get that it's dumb birther bullshit in a way, but it's also strictly against the constitution and if people get centrelink robo-debted to death why the gently caress do politicians not have to obey the loving law?

hooman fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Apr 13, 2017

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Turns out dogfucking rots your brain.. who knew..

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The helicopter hovering just out of shot.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

YOU CANNOT BE SETTLED IN AUSTRALIA

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Only 75% think it should be illegal to have sex with a dog?

:staredog:

:dogout:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
All these people who hate corporations diversifying their products to suit the widest market possible and maximise their profits at the expense of all else hate capitalism and we should welcome them into our arms as friends, comrade.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"Ooops, we lost control of our wrecker"
~LNP

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

Abbott is the best thing to happen to the LNP.

~T. Abbott, 2017.

Meanwhile the rest of the LNP is desperately singing the "Just Don't Look" jingle from the Simpsons and hoping it works.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I hope he gets hit by a train

He'd die how he lived, ruining public transport.

EDIT: Unless it's an adani coal train.

EDIT2: Unless it then derails and causes yet another environmental disaster, then he's back on track.

EDIT3: Unlike the train.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

I like how theres a lot of "wow check out these intolerant lefties" like lol if you think the ALP is a true left-wing party

Mate I'll give you an intolerant lefty *wheels in guillotine*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Quantum Mechanic posted:

Electorate MPs do a few things but primarily they're a a sort of customer service layer for the government - they refer issues that constituents are having with Federal services to the relevant Minister or Department. They also lobby in Parliament for the needs of their electorate and often also work on committees on policy areas they're interested in. They're also local dignitaries and attend community events and meetings.

Most of the time you see someone referred to as "a good MP" it means they're responsive to community complaints, attend lots of meetings and do a lot of local media work - or alternatively they're just an independent liberal or former national because Australians love that for some reason.

Whether Tony actually does those things or not is up for debate but that's the actual role of an electorate MP.

Now, ask that question again of a Senate or Legislative Council major party backbencher - I worked in NSW Parliament for six months and still can't tell you what an upper house backbencher does with their time.

*circles "Upper house backbencher" on possible future jobs list*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I was born here, I never had to pledge poo poo or jack.

Probably explains why so many Australia first types seem so uncommitted to rights and democracy.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

I remember at primary school during the weekly school assembly we used to read out the pledge. hosed if I can remember the words to it these days.

Nah we just sang the national anthem... both verses of course.

(I know there's actually like 4 more verses but they got culled)

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

What could possibly be offputting about the fourth verse?

Should foreign foe e'er sight our coast,
Or dare a foot to land,
We'll rouse to arms like sires of yore,
To guard our native strand;
Britannia then shall surely know,
Though oceans roll between,
Her sons in fair Australia's land
Still keep their courage green.
In joyful strains then let us sing
Advance Australia fair.

Just like the brave ANZACs at Gallipoli! :australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Those poor underappreciated boomers, so hard working and still so virile even in their old age, unlike those lazy, shifty, me first, millenials.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2017/apr/20/age-discrimination-older-australian-workers-viewed-as-slow-to-learn

Won't somebody think of the boomers!

• Locked thread