Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Surely the primary purpose of the strike is to ground their Air Force, by destroying both planes and runway/hangar infrastructure, in which case Mission Accomplished?

Yeah, but when you're firing $60 million worth of missiles, it doesn't seem like you're getting good value for money if you only kill four dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Oh gently caress

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

ewe2 posted:

So apparently this happened

You know, morons.

I saw a clip of their tv interviews. The man says "it's not her fault she doesn't like the players".

Then she says says that while some Aboriginal people might find it offesive to be told they belong in the zoo, not all of them would.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Bogan King posted:

Abbott is the best thing to happen to the LNP.

I hope it goes full circle like k Rudd did, and Abbott becomes PM again, just in time to lead the Liberals to obliteration at the next election.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Got a link?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

I wonder if he's on Strava.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

This is the best news all week.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Dude McAwesome posted:

Three incidents in 11 years? Bikes are terrifying.

I feel really sorry for the guy who lost his dad, but bike registration would do absolutely nothing to prevent future accidents such as this.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Peter Hore is hilarious though.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

freebooter posted:

"It can be very wise for governments to borrow, especially while rates are low, to lock in longer-term financing and invest in major-growth-producing infrastructure assets, such as transport or energy," he will say. 

But what about the budget emergency and intergenerational theft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Starshark posted:

Paulie has two daughters, both in their early 20s. Recently he helped both of them with $30,000 each, on the proviso they spent it on a house. “Don’t expect anything in the will,” he said, “this is all I have and there is nothing more to give.”

Both of these girls are now homeowners, with mortgages, on properties in Dandenong, an outer suburb of Melbourne. Paulie could afford to help them because neither of the girls went to private schools or university. Both work full time in low to medium-income jobs and both are in relationships with young tradies. Both tradies have their own houses as well as investment properties. By the time all of these kids hit 30, they will be millionaires. Paulie and I both think this is great.

On the other hand, my friend’s daughter at age 30 probably will be still working part time and chewing her nails over whether to do a PhD. She still won’t own a house, let alone have a deposit. Her father can’t afford to help; he blew his dough on her stellar education, thinking this would lead to a solid work ethic, a good job and a great income. What a fool. In hindsight, he sees this as a hideous mistake. The $400k could have been used to buy a house.

The message I'm getting from this is to rely on handouts from your parents and to marry someone who already owns multiple houses, rather than working hard to build a career on my own.

• Locked thread