Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

everyone's personas look loving awful in p5 by the way

Yeah, nah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

well zorro is ugly anyway

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Everyone's personas are great.

I will concede that the ultimate ones look less cool but Ryuji screaming "SEITEN TAISEI" at the top of his lungs is pretty great.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ryuji's ultimate persona is perfect, tbqh

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

haru's is the best, also she has the best rogue outfit. and finisher card

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So are Switches reasonably findable, yet

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Your teammates' personas in P4 looked like Final Fantasy endbosses but even messier

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ciaphas posted:

So are Switches reasonably findable, yet

I got a bunch of Nowinstock alerts earlier this week, probably to coincide with Mario Kart. They all went out of stock again pretty quickly though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so can I just not do every side quest in NieR: Automata, or is this the kind of game that will withhold story content if j don't have x done? there are too many dots on my minimap

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I will get a switch in a year or two when it has more games and next Mario. The launch seemed a bit half-baked and I already have a WiiU.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

so can I just not do every side quest in NieR: Automata, or is this the kind of game that will withhold story content if j don't have x done? there are too many dots on my minimap

You don't have to do any apart from the two in the resistance camp that count as main story missions. You'll miss out on some weapons and interesting character/world stuff though.
If you do decide to do some, progress through the story until you get fast travel first.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 30, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Sidequest progress carries over between playthroughs.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

t sakurazuka and guy mann: thank you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I once defeated the mothership and died at the same time. It counted as a loss

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For a second I was like, is corn playing Persona and FTL at the same time

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Morgana not getting Puss n Boots or Cait Sith as a persona is a loving crime

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Should probably be "Are you really as bad as the rumors say?" IMO

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Should probably be "Are you really as bad as the rumors say?" IMO

i'm bad to the bone

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Blood is a good game. I'm six hours in and having a blast. I'm sad I missed it 20 years ago but I'm glad I'm still able to play it today.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

I once defeated the mothership and died at the same time. It counted as a loss

The only time I ever got close was the first time I was fighting it. I didn't know it was a multi-stage fight. All my weapons were down. My only capable fighter had boarded it and he tore it apart from the inside and died in the process. Then phase 2 came back and my scientist just sat on my ship and died.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish Bioshock Infinite was just a walking simulator around a gorgeous floating city because that's the best bit.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish Bioshock Infinite was just a walking simulator around a gorgeous floating city because that's the best bit.

Thinking back on it, Stubbs the Zombie was way ahead of its time because it too was a game about an anachronistic sci-fi utopia being destroyed by an outside supernatural force. Only instead of lighthouses and Big Daddies it was barbershop quartets with rayguns and dance-offs against police chiefs.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can we come up with a better name than walking simulators for those types of games

if I was a wii balance board I would be pissed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Walk 'em up

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Narrate Explore Reward Discover, or NERD for short.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Can we come up with a better name than walking simulators for those types of games

if I was a wii balance board I would be pissed

Interactive experiences

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doom clones

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Help Im Alive posted:

From now on they will simply be called "games," and every other genre not really a game, more like a walking sim with weapons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Narrate Explore Reward Discover, or NERD for short.

Did you say node?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

all walkers actually operate like monkey ball where you're moving the stage around you

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Does anyone else feel absolutely bored with open world games? I put about 40 hours into BOTW but got bored with it and haven't played it since. The last two games I played where I didn't feel bored out of my skull was Odin's Sphere for PS4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC which aren't open world games. I'm beginning to wonder if Oblivion and Skyrim ruined other open world games for me because I played those games to absolute death and finally got bored with them a few years back but now I'm just meh towards other open world games.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Peggle 3

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Did you say node?

Not "node" - "nerd".

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spasticColon posted:

Does anyone else feel absolutely bored with open world games? I put about 40 hours into BOTW but got bored with it and haven't played it since. The last two games I played where I didn't feel bored out of my skull was Odin's Sphere for PS4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC which aren't open world games. I'm beginning to wonder if Oblivion and Skyrim ruined other open world games for me because I played those games to absolute death and finally got bored with them a few years back but now I'm just meh towards other open world games.

I just rush the story in open world games now and do the other stuff later if at all

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have at times felt bored with open world games but then I just played BOTW and Horizon which were two of the best I've ever played and both gripped me from beginning to end so there's still an appeal when it's done well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

corn in the bible posted:

literally has never happened to me

Wait you actually played Sniper Ghost Warrior? Jesus Christ Why?

CJacobs posted:

Isn't Sniper Ghost Warrior just the Great Value brand Sniper Elite

YES. I'm convinced Sniper Ghost Warrior sells only because people get the name confused with Sniper Elite. Like, its a game called Sniper, so it must be a good FPS right?

Sniper Ghost Warrior 1 & 2 were hilariously unbelievably terribad. Its a game that exists as a con to get people's grandmas to buy it for them on accident.

Nasgate posted:

Honestly at this point, having never played either I could not tell you the difference other than one loves slowmo xray shots and I think the other is made by slavs?

They look to have almost the same gameplay and graphical style.

Sniper Ghost Warrior is as linear and scripted as FPS get, "go here, shoot this guy, go here, shoot that guy" and there's no real sniping from long ranges. Its so stupid.

Sniper Elite 1 was a great sandbox sniper game with slowmo. Sniper Elite 2 and 3 have better graphics but the levels are much more linear. Still, they're proper games with actual stuff you can do and fun to be had, unlike Ghost Warrior which suuuuucks.

• Locked thread