Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lol that this game thought I'd give up my reward for killing a huge monster just because some kid is an orphan in the crappy mudhole village. Oh no, now he won't get as much mud as the other kids...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

beat dragon quest 8,

very solid, but i liked 5 better and it was probably too short and basic. I'm missing collecting monsters or having a jobs system for the characters. took 38 hours according to the time on my save file which feels way too short given 7 was like 2-3 times that length but I guess they were reacting to criticism?

can't wait for 11. glad i have dqh2 to tide me over.

8 is a good game, but I stopped playing it temporarily because it doesn't really stand out besides the world itself being so cool to traverse. At least as much as 7 where your dudes for most of the game are all fun and most of the little stories that make up the overall narrative are better than 8's.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

literally has never happened to me

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

how was atelier sophie

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gwent sucks the big one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gwent is extremely easy. just load up on spies and the one that retrieves cards from the discard

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I didn't say it was hard, I said it sucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

how was atelier sophie

Best crafting, worst everything else (apart from the original version of Rorona).

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm really excited Prey to go on sale. My backlog's too boated for another full-price game, but the demo is certainly fun for me. With the inventory management and the neuromod upgrades it really feels like System Shock. The music stings have to be adjusted though, that's a deal breaker if they don't address it. I can't have that stuff blaring long after I've killed everything.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't say it was hard, I said it sucks.

People liked it enough that they made it into a standalone competitive game!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Isn't Sniper Ghost Warrior just the Great Value brand Sniper Elite

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Sorta

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'd maybe buy a hitman style game that was all sniping

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

I think that's kind of what SE4 (but not the others) is.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Honestly at this point, having never played either I could not tell you the difference other than one loves slowmo xray shots and I think the other is made by slavs?

They look to have almost the same gameplay and graphical style.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Real hurthling! posted:

beat dragon quest 8,

very solid, but i liked 5 better and it was probably too short and basic. I'm missing collecting monsters

But you can collect monsters in dq8...?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's everybody up to this morning eh?

I'm feelin pretty poo poo to be honest but just cause I'm feelin poo poo doesn't mean I can't at least check in on how everyone else is doing :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

But you can collect monsters in dq8...?

to fight on your team? i missed it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

There's the Sniper Challenge game that came with Absolution, and there's a mobile Hitman game that is literally that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm feelin pretty poo poo to be honest but just cause I'm feelin poo poo doesn't mean I can't at least check in on how everyone else is doing :)

feel better.
i did a bunch of errands and now i'm waiting around for my slow friend to come over so we can have lunch but he's slow so its probably gonna be an early dinner

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

What's up fellow lovely-feeler :respek: I just sent my third (and final before I give up) email to the games done quick committee regarding why Max Payne 3 was declined and at this point I'm doubting I'll get a response! Which sucks because how am I going to know what I did wrong if they didn't leave a comment on the run

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
alright started Hoiroizon and i am glad its as fun as everyone said it would be. i was worried it was going to be way more "complex" then it is. but so far i have been loving about and doing fine. story is interesting enough so far.

also bought nier automata, persona 5 and bioshock collection off amazon.

prey is also comming as well as some anniversary gifts to my gf.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

feel better.
i did a bunch of errands and now i'm waiting around for my slow friend to come over so we can have lunch but he's slow so its probably gonna be an early dinner

Tell him to go slower so that you can have lunch, but tomorrow.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

What's up fellow lovely-feeler :respek: I just sent my third (and final before I give up) email to the games done quick committee regarding why Max Payne 3 was declined and at this point I'm doubting I'll get a response! Which sucks because how am I going to know what I did wrong if they didn't leave a comment on the run

I'm pretty sure GDQ just hardly ever responds to stuff unless it becomes a big drama fest anyway. Otherwise they're (understandably and unfortunately) too busy to check on and respond to every little thing :\

Is that the reason you're feeling lovely? I'm sorry if it is. At least you know your speedrun was good even if gdq didn't accept it. I've seen plenty of speedruns where the runner more or less says "I've been submitting this for years and it finally got in" so just keep at it and I'm sure they'll eventually let it through :)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The committee email address exists to answer questions from people who submitted runs about their runs!

But it doesn't really matter, it's just a bummer that I don't have any way of knowing whether it was declined because of the game, the run, or something to do with me.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 30, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The committee email address exists to answer questions from people who submitted runs, about their runs!

Like I said, unfortunately they're probably just too busy and don't see your email as a priority thing to answer compared to something like "hey can my run include this content that just got released? no? well, I'm gonna drop out, sorry, I've been practicing that route too much and I don't want to have to relearn the previous route" or whatever happened with the DS3 runner.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

to fight on your team? i missed it

Yeah, I haven't played the 3ds version yet but from the ps2 iirc they usually have unique names (i.e. the Goldman you can catch is called The Goldbricker or something like that). Also if you collect all of a certain type like Golem / Stoneman / Goldman) they merge to form a super golem. They don't fight "in" your party but you can make your monster team sub in for your party temporarily in regular battles.

Did you never go to the monster arena or something?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mordja posted:

I think that's kind of what SE4 (but not the others) is.

Well it doesn't have disguises but is otherwise similar yes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where's the sniper game where I can do this

https://i.imgur.com/qSndbyj.mp4

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's the sniper game where I can do this

https://i.imgur.com/qSndbyj.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8t6sLHdV8&t=95s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
let me know when I can do this

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/SURUdenise/status/858672861724233728

e: I have no idea if the Twitter embed worked, I'm on mobile

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

https://twitter.com/SURUdenise/status/858672861724233728

e: I have no idea if the Twitter embed worked, I'm on mobile

hmm, maybe stuff will get announced today. maybe.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm, maybe stuff will get announced today. maybe.
Nah, pretty sure it's just a cute nod towards good times past. We're close enough to E3 that you shouldn't expect any major announcements before then.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Purse Owner Five

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Kins posted:

Nah, pretty sure it's just a cute nod towards good times past. We're close enough to E3 that you shouldn't expect any major announcements before then.

yeah e3 hits first week of june right? any ideas what will be shown? kinda hoping for new wolfenstein.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm just wrapping up grabbing the minimum amount of furniture for my new apartment to sustain human life booya

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah e3 hits first week of june right? any ideas what will be shown? kinda hoping for new wolfenstein.
Sony: All the stuff they teased last year, except less of a tease. Also, CoDWW2 and Death Stranding.
MS: Scorpio reveal + launch titles, and a bunch of first party stuff that might even get released at some point.
Nintendo: Who the gently caress knows? Nintendo E3s are always weird.
EA: Battlefront 2, Need for Speed, FIFA... probably some Battlefield DLC and a token indie publishing thing, too.
Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed and probably something weird and/or mildly embarrassing.
Bethesda: Two reveals hinted, possibly new IPs. Would be very surprised if Wolfenstein and The Evil Within don't poke their heads in...
Square-Enix: I dunno. Probably more info on the FF7 Remake.
Konami: An exciting new Parodius slot machine for the Vegas market, and an exotic new Policenauts pachislot with animated scenes powered by the FOX Engine.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Tell him to go slower so that you can have lunch, but tomorrow.

This made me laugh unreasonably hard, you've made my day so far FAK.

Bout to go spend 10 hours at work straight :V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

E3 is a public thing now, right, should be weird

• Locked thread