Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red Bones posted:

Can somebody please explain those april fools jokes to me, I'm not wise on these japanese gaming gags.

The Arika video is ginned up to look like a fake game announcement about a new Street Fighter EX game, with the text even exclaiming "This is an April fools joke!" but the real joke is that the game is real and they hosted a livestream yesterday ofnpeople playing it and it looks better than SFV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

What does everyone dislike so much about SFV? I'm asking from a position of total ignorance--I'm not much of a fighting games player myself. I'll play casually at a friend's house or something but the last time I actually bought a fighting game was Persona 4 Arena I think.

Well, also Smash Bros, but that's a special case because I'm mostly in that so that I can be Mario and punch Cloud Strife.

They tried to make the game acccesible by making every character exactly the same, boring to play and low damage. On top of that it's really ugly and incredibly expensive. The only reason anybody even cares to pretend about it is Capcom's insane esports push, because there's money in mildly giving a crap about SFV. A lot of the best SFV players in the world admit that they don't like the game at all, but when there's hundreds of thousands in prize money floating around they'd be dumb not to show up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was also basically an early access game. They're releasing a patch this month that adds some features they had advertised during the open beta in September 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As someone who both enjoyed Banjo kazooie as a kid and has replayed it in the last couple years, it sucks balls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

PYF game with the word "Revelations" in the title.

Mine is probably Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Fire Emblem Fates: Revelations

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

SO I made a dumb decision and bought a SNES. I never had one as a kid so I was wondering what I should get for it. I did pick up Final Fantasy 3 and would like to find more stuff like that.

Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Super Castlevania IV is alright, Super Mario World, etc. It's a good rear end console

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirby's Dream Course

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PAC Man 2 is funny but not very fun to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

I didn't even know Metroid Prime had its own logo.

Yeah it's cool as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[you are now thinking about Metroid Picking Up an Item jingle]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That particular quest I think is bugged because where you need to go isn't actually in one of the marked zones

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Finished my deathless (or rather retry-less :ssh: ) run of Ys Origin, now I'm wondering if I really have it in me to finish it with the third character as well, which would be the sixth time I've beaten the game.

It's funny that the Clear the Game on Very Easy trophy is as rare as Clear the Game on Nightmare

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

You have to beat the game with all three characters to unlock Very Easy, I'm not kidding.

DotEmu sucks so loving bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

wait did dotemu actually manage to gently caress up a playstation port of loving ys origin in those kinds of ultra specific ways

how

THere's also rampant graphical glitches and if there's too many projectiles on screen at once the sound starts lagging. Which happens pretty much any time you go into boost mode with Hugo. I can easily get the game to drop about 3 - 5 seconds of audio whenever i want. It's an embarassingly bad port of a decade+ old PC game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the last 10% of the game there are enemies that just leave graphical bugs as corpse. This is a 5 hours game. It's not hard to test this poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Nier Automata complaint #1, by a country mile: trying to open a chest but accidentally talking to 9S. NO! I don't want to loving change your battle settings!

I don't think this ever happened to me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ash Ketchum.

...Ash "Catch 'Em".

:aaa:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check it out:

code:
A L U C A R D
-------------
D R A C U L A

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't play with lock on :smug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only comparison I would make between treasure and platinum is that they're both Japanese

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They both like to make bad shmups

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah, most hardcore shumup fans hate Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga.

I don't know if I would ever call myself hardcore but my limited experience with the genre I don't like their version of shmups. Well I like Sin and Punishment but that's kind of it's own beast and fun for a different reason than I would play an actual shmup.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

More games should utilize the idea of the option select, it's a cool idea if done properly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

USA (CA), but I don't have a PS4. I don't know if physical PC copies are still a thing but I'd rather own it through Steam anyway.

e: What is an option select?

It's when a single input has two different outcomes based on your position/what's happening in the game. I know the term from fighting games where you can do inputs that are either defensive/offensive depending on what your opponent is doing to cover your bases

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

An example of a bad one is that Metroid Other M's dodge was triggered by moving the D pad in any direction right when an attack was about to hit you so you could make yourself functionally invulnerable during combat by tapping directions instead of holding them to move

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was about to say I don't remember MGR even having a dodge button.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're good in Automata but they were already the best part of Nier so that's more of a carry over than anything. Hopefully they learn and do cooler stuff in the future

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once persona 5 comes out in 30 minutes all I'll have left is Rebuild 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

It's cool but pretty loving dark and has serious poo poo to say in a way I wouldn't have expected coming off of 3+4

Yeah. Its political in a way I wasn't expecting at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish I was at home playing Persona 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only YouTube account I subscribe to is Pannenkoek and his secondary account and I have it set up to text my phone whenever he uploads a new video.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Harrow posted:

Me, too. I won't be until Friday. :negative:

At least it gives me ample time to be indecisive about what I'm going to name the main character :v:

I always make RPG characters after myself because I always thought that was supposed to be the point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I always make them cute girls because that's what I wish I was

That's not possible in Persona 5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I play as a girl because if I'm gonna be staring at somebody's rear end for 50 hours, may as well be a hot chick's, am I right fellas?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there any reasoning behind when games are blocked from the share functionality on PS4? Like streaming and audio licensing stuff I can understand, but why prevent screenshots too? I've gotten so accustomed to sharing stuff being instantaneous that it sucks when it doesn't work

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

gently caress you guys, I'm still gonna play and enjoy Yooka Laylee.

You guys are willing to spend 70+ hours collecting herbs in TW3 but are gonna bitch about collect-a-thons, what the hell.

I'm also not willing to do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol at the idea ofPersona 4 being some teenage nostalgic touchstone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has there been any news on the release for the next Miku dlc. I need more cosmetics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe it's because I didn't have a choice in 3/4 and got accustomed to it but P5 is the first time I've been given the choice of language stuck with the dub...feels natural for this series

• Locked thread