Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wohoTD_2iIk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

:laffo: at that thread title, thank you Grapplejack!

I'm relaxing tonight by watching some really old-school anime Exkaiser, with plans to return to Bangkok for some Hitmanning in a bit~

Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what time zone are you in? I ask because I don't have a normal sleep schedule and it seems like I always see you around here past midnight my time (PDT).

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

In Training posted:

As someone who both enjoyed Banjo kazooie as a kid and has replayed it in the last couple years, it sucks balls.

As someone who both enjoyed Banjo Kazooie as a kid and replayed it last year, it still owns. Banjo Tooie... not so much.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

tap my mountain posted:

Banjo Kazooie is probably the best collect-a-former on the n64, but what was the worst? Blues Brothers 2000? Duck Dodgers?

Don't say Glover cause it's too innovative to be bad

Gex: Enter the Gecko

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I still need to finish Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble. I got to the snow mountain and then got distracted by Doom

No you don't

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm reminded of that old CYOA someone did, Red Yellow Blue I think? It had cool artwork and the choices were always colored in red, yellow and blue.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

BigRed0427 posted:

Do we have a thread for Retro gaming anywhere?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785100

Help Im Alive posted:

What do people think of the telltale system

"i think video games are bad"
Help Im Alive will remember that

Everyone talked about how great Tales from the Borderlands was but I tried to play it and I couldn't make it through Episode 1 before I got too bored and gave up

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

precision posted:

Deciding when to press jump in Mario is implemented really well imo

You really get to feel the immediate consequences of your actions

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

I can't believe this thread isn't stickied yet.

It's a secret to everybody.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't get into Platinum's combat style at all.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Platinum's style feels like it borrows a lot from 2d fighting games. The technicality of trying to dodge perfectly and remembering how different directions and sequences of buttons affects combo progression isn't something I enjoy. A lot of their games give you a ranking after each combat portion, and my rank is almost always guaranteed to be poo poo because I didn't manage to avoid getting hit ever while also taking every advantage to destroy enemies as quickly as possible. Trying to play through and game and having it pop up with a ranking reminding me how bad I am is thoroughly discouraging.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I think the only games I've played by Treasure are Gunstar Heroes and Mischief Makers. Neither of those seem very similar to Platinum games to me.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Joe Gillian posted:

No need to be willfully dense. They may not be the same mechanically, but they have a similar approach, as they have identifiable gameplay staples that give their titles a specific feel. They're also fans of their own games, and it shows.

I not being 'willfully dense', I don't know what you mean and you seem unnecessarily hostile about it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'm glad to hear that Automata isn't too Platinum-y though, as one of the outliers who both loves Nier and doesn't like Platinum combat, I was kind of worried about whether I'd like it. I still haven't picked it up yet because it's still full price and I have lots of other games still to play though.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Raxivace posted:

Where do you live? When I was looking on Amazon I was able to find someone selling Automata for only $20 USD, though you had to pay like four extra bucks for shipping.

USA (CA), but I don't have a PS4. I don't know if physical PC copies are still a thing but I'd rather own it through Steam anyway.

e: What is an option select?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Oh alright, thanks. That's something that I would say I don't like very much. I really prefer my inputs consistently work the same way.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ometeotl posted:

it's aggravating as opposed to challenging.

yup

KingSlime posted:

To get into more detail: it's just more DS3, which is in essence aggravating as opposed to challenging

yup yup yup

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

Phantom Brave: I can finally make a Titlist!

...Now, what to name him....

Tee hee, tit list

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

KingSlime posted:

E: are they gonna really call the MC "Joker" during missions? sorry guys this game is officially garbage-tier

Finally, a new Mass Effect.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

When did this

become hotter than this?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

how many japanese people have come up with a mole with a drill for a nose

I know. Disappointing when there's a clearly superior mechanical digging mole

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

StrixNebulosa posted:

I wish 47 in HItman had slightly more HP. Two bullets and he's dead, so there's basically zero reason to use any of the fancy guns they give you.

I wish they just gave you more interesting stuff instead of guns. No, I'm pretty much never going to use this unsilenced automatic rifle, why would that even be an option?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've been playing Skyrm, and I've encountered a bug.

What?! :monocle:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's been like half a dozen times where the game crashed at a loading screen and I had to restart the systme. meanwhile I've been trying to clear out my quests but I can't, people will randomly come up to me and hand me letters that start quests. I wish they had spent more time on fixing bugs and less time on game content

That is Bethesda.txt.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

the good game lover @yahaha
persona 5 isn't​ good...
5:46pm 4 April 17
2.3k🔄 3.7k❤

the good game lover @yahaha
it's great !!
5:47pm 4 April 17
10🔄 21❤

Why are there so many fewer likes and RTs on the second one? :(

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty against "transliteration", because everything ends up sounding super awkward and unnatural. It's pretty common to see fan translations err on the side of "accuracy" and make fan translations where everyone sounds like a robot that only kind of understands english.

That's exactly what people are criticizing the official translation for.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Sorry, I thought you were one of the people saying that the translation was not bad, and in fact, good. I don't know what everyone's stance is.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

nobody else in termina talked like zappa, either

or el noche, or korcha, or...

I haven't played much Chrono Trigger so I just spent way too long trying to figure out who in Majora's Mask talks like Frank Zappa

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I think Gender is pretty cool

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I started lurking SA exclusively for lps around '07-'08. Checking the LParchive, Pokecapn's Sonic 06 lp started in 08, and that was definitely in progress when I found SA. I think that was also around the time the Freelance Astronauts were playing... Oblivion, maybe? I didn't bother to join the forums because I didn't want to pay and I didn't really have anything to say. I still don't, really. It was kind of annoying whenever the paywall came up, but as long as I knew where to find my favorite lper's Google Videos (lol) or Viddler (double lol) videos, I was alright.

Also, I spent so long with the word filter that my mind automatically parses 'lovely' as a bad thing, which makes some things pretty funny to read

"This is one of my favorite recipes. These lovely little lemon poppyseed muffins are just delightful!"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash/status/849448423761866754

Nice

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

https://twitter.com/SharkticCircle/status/849467022228553728

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Curry is good, be it Japanese, Indian, Thai, Ethiopian or other.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I don't think my cat ever pushed anything breakable off an edge, but he sure loved to knock down papers and tv remotes if they were anywhere near where he wanted to lie down.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Hey VideoGames, if we end up with a big cats vs dogs argument, can you just edit all the posts to be pictures of Kirby or something

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

VideoGames posted:

I have a pupper and four cats, so I am on the side of "Yey Pets!" and no one can accuse me of favouritism.

1 vs 4 sounds like favoritism to me :colbert:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

This isn't a mod edit, I just wanted to post Kirbys

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Olive! fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 7, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

KingSlime posted:

why is that cat not instinctually trying to rip that rodent's head out of its spine?

I thought cats did that but I could have been grossly misinformed (I had a rabbit who people advised me to keep the hell away from stray cats)

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between pets and feral animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

bloodychill posted:

I wouldn't think it would void the warranty since you don't have to open the 3DS. Anyway, I did it. It made the stick slightly less of a pain to use in MonHun for me but it's not a game changer.

I tried to do it for this reason but after like a month of not shipping my order I cancelled it and gave up. I barely play MHGen any more anyway.

• Locked thread