Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Computer
Apr 1, 2017

The Computer is your friend.
Hail and welcome to the Alpha Complex Games Forum! This is the forum for all Alpha Complex-approved games: Pen-and-paper RPGs, card games, board games, and more! Here you can talk about anything from Corridors and Bots™ to Happy Fun Cards™ in a place that isn't dying or full of radium at all! Isn't that nice! We even have a Play by Post section for players who are too busy with their important Alpha Complex duties to play in person!

This forum is RED clearance. Viewing this forum without RED clearance is treason.

POSTING RULES

Forum Rules Apply! Please read these forum rules, memorize them, and follow them. Failure to follow the rules, or to recall the rules when questioned, is treason. There will be a pop quiz.

Happiness is mandatory! If you do not feel happy, please report to your Morale Officer for some "happy pills" that will surely fix the problem!

The Computer is your friend! The Computer is the only one you can trust! You may refer to The Computer as "The Computer", or "Friend Computer". Referring to Friend Computer by anything else, especially "stupid newbie", is treason.

No Communism! Records indicate that "D&D" is both a) a game and b) full of Communism. Communism is treason. Therefore, playing D&D is treason. If you play D&D, please report for termination.

The Game Room! Keep all pure game discussion topics in this forum, while keeping all threads related to active-gameplay in Play by Post. This includes recruitment threads. Posting recruitment threads for D&D, secret societies, or other Commie games is treason.

Reports! If something bugs you, report it to the Computer! If someone is trolling or derailing a thread, piling on to them will only make it worse. Making a thread worse is treason!

ALPHA COMPLEX GAMES FAQ

How great is the Computer?

Pretty great, citizen.

If I want to run a display based play-by-post game aimed specifically at "the audience", do I post it in Let's Play or Play by Post?

Post it in Play by Post. Let's Play threads should be structured such that all gameplay is performed "behind the scenes", with extensive effort to differentiate them from Play by Post games. A generic Diplomacy game that you run with the audience does not count as a "let's play". Also, Let's Play threads are treason.

Help! This forum is actually full of radium! I am dying!

This forum contains no radium. Therefore, you are alive and healthy.

What counts as :filez:?

If a rulebook is out of print and unavailable, you may link to scans of it. Otherwise, posting a link is treason. In border cases, ask your manager first.

If you play a miniatures or card game, you may talk about proxies and third-party figures within reason. However, discussing how great your bootleg figs/cards are and where others can get them, or soliciting links from others, is treason. Keep it off our forums.

Wait. Isn't knowledge of :filez: above your clearance, citizen?...

I need my thread moved/my title changed/I used the wrong tag/I would like to report a treasonous D&D player?

Direct any TG or PBP related requests of this nature to The Computer via PM, or to Morale Officer Ettin-U-MOD via PM or by ettin@somethingawful.com, and a troubleshooting team will get back to you ASAP.

I am a Communist/unregistered mutant/secret society member/traitor. What can I do?

Please report for termination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread