Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I bought a Rangers mini 10 game plan and this was the first game I saw them win since December, but god drat did they ever try to throw that one away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

stab posted:

games 5 and 7 then

and it is decided, it's the Rangers

pre-emptive gently caress CHRIS KREIDER

Blame Emelin

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Matt Zerella posted:

Nash, Zucc, McD, Fast all out tomorrow. Does a loss lock up WC1?

I really hope they're just resting McDonagh and his foot isn't broken again.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Levitate posted:

Skjei, Holden, McDonagh all out tonight against the Caps. Kampfer and Clendenning in

Fast, Zuccarello, Nash also sitting out

lol

Goodness gracious this is going to be a mess.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Levitate posted:

just so everyone realizes the Rangers D is tonight is something like

Staal-Girardi
Smith-Klein
Kampfer-Clendenning

Or something

something...

Staal-Girardi as a pair is scary enough, Staal-Girardi getting first pair minutes is nightmare fuel.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 6, 2017

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

This is why hockey is awesome.

Completely unrelated, does anyone remember when the NHL releases the schedule? Is it tonight after the games wrap up or is it later Monday some time?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
God damnit, that was such a winnable series.

God drat it.

:sigh:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

a false posted:

i've been saying this for the entire playoffs: i think vigneault is a good coach but i also think that his time with the rangers is over. i think every coach has a limited lifespan at the helm of any given team and alain vigneault has reached his with the rangers as he has become unable to make correct personnel decisions, his judgment clouded by his history with individual players. i've also said that i'm not sure that there's any coach who doesn't have this problem with a team eventually, which is the reason you bring in a new coach who can look at a team with fresh eyes and decide who his best players are in a relatively objective fashion.

as far as no coach in the world being able to make adjustments during the playoffs, that is a very perplexing thing to say. of course coaches can make adjustments during the playoffs, and of course there have been coaches who have not had problems doing so when necessary. vigneault has not been one of them. one change to the team's playing style that would not have been difficult to make would have been instructing the team to play the same when they have a lead as they do when they do not have a lead. even with a one-goal lead, the rangers were coached to be more passive on the attack, and more "defensive" players (read: players like dan girardi) were deployed more frequently. this is exactly why the rangers lost this series despite scoring first in FIVE OF SIX GAMES. that is a coaching problem, and a different coach could have avoided it.

The problem is there are problems throughout the blue line. Everyone was up in arms when Staal and Holden were out for goals against, and folks were up in arms over Smith as well. McDonagh, Skjei, and Girardi are not Karlsson. He can't keep them on the ice forever. And everyone hates Girardi anyway.

100% agreed on the glass stuff.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/icemancometh/status/867849584332029952

the preds had to brutally injure all the ducks to win. look at those cheaters. jesus christ those are awful injuries to try and play through

Maybe we can trade on non broken Dan Girardi/Marc Staal for one broken Vatanen.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Please don't do it Rangers

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Oh boy, Shattenkirk overpayment incoming?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I'll be interested to see how the locker room takes this, guy has been a staple here forever.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So remember how everyone thought the Rangers would blow it up last year? Maybe this year is the year :tinfoil:

I still don't think you need to make major changes, if they don't poo poo the bed vs Ottawa they're in with a shout. But oh well, guess I better strap in for the wild ride.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
https://instagram.com/p/BVVGTQQgc85/

Daw :(

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So are we going to have to wait for like 8p EST for the jerseys to drop tonight or are they coming out sometime during the day?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I think it looks fine. The biggest plus is that there are not three stripes down the sides under the arm and if Nashville can say gently caress off then the Rangers should be able to as well.

Also I don't know why everyone is freaking out about the guitar strings/piano keys. The reebok jerseys had the same thing. All that's really different is the piping and collarbone accents are gone.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 20, 2017

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

a false posted:

sucks to lose lindberg but i expected it. happy to keep grabner and fast, and, apparently, raanta. really hope there wasn't a deal in place to keep raanta for anything more than like, a late pick.

I'm pretty sure both the New York Post and Newsday said the rangers don't have any deals in place with vegas.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Hrivik seemed solid every time he was up. I don't get this at all.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Let's get this party started!

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Soooo about our center depth. There better be something more coming.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Oh boy, buckle in RAS, this can't end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Step :(

• Locked thread