Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Calgary clinches a playoff spot, and their owner Ken King decides it's a good time to pull the classic "Build me a new arena or the team moves"

quote:

"There would be no threat to move, we would just move, and it would be over. And I'm trying my level best to make sure that day never comes, frankly," King said during an interview on Sportsnet Fan 590 in Toronto on Wednesday.

"If people smarter than us in more powerful positions than ours don't feel that we're a critical piece of the social, economic and cultural part of our city, then who are we to argue with that?"
http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4050989

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

I thought this team was boring before, without Karlsson it's unwatchable. gently caress systems coaches, this is supposed to be entertainment

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

ElwoodCuse posted:

If Iginla wanted to win the Cup so bad he'd had have told Bylsma to quit playing him on his off loving wing

Anyway what's the deal with Joe Thornton

His knee bent the wrong way

https://twitter.com/KKurzNBCS/status/848682994965532673

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

First Karlsson flying into Detroit to take warm up and then deciding to play (and score) last night, and now this, 2 hours before puck drop?

:getin:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

bunnyofdoom posted:

Sens have clinched 2nd place in the Atlantic. Now we can tank against the Isles to knock off the leafs tommorow.

TSN_wally posted:

Phaneuf, Stalberg, Anderson, Hoffman, Stone and Turris all appear to be staying behind for tmws's game as their gear is in their stall

Ask and ye shall receive

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Sad that the Battle of Ontario isn't happening, but excited for Burrows vs the Bruins

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Gallant is Golden Knights Head Coach

He probably should have waited a little longer

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Yaya posted:

If they don't get Patrick or Hischier I feel like Liljegren is the next best player in the draft. He had mono this season which hurt his draft stock a lot, but that's not like Patrick's groin injury where it might be a long-term concern.

Patrick missing half the season plus the WJCs with injuries killed a lot of buzz for this draft. His coach in Brandon saying that the team that drafts him needs to be patient with him doesn't help either

Or maybe the last 2 drafts have spoiled us

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Nikita Kucherov had an interview with Sovetsky Sport where he got real for a second:

https://twitter.com/smdemidov/status/857263439814815745

https://twitter.com/smdemidov/status/857263544080969728

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/857370022720794624

Congrats to your Jack Adams winner John Tortorella.

There's no chance in hell Babcock doesn't win this

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

corn on the cop posted:

26-year-old Ilya Kovalchuk was traded for Nicklas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya and AHL fodder

Come on man, using the Thrashers is cheating.

Marian Hossa + Pascal Dupuis for Erik Christensen, Colby Armstrong, Angelo Esposito and a 1st (29th, Daulton Leiveille)

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
This run owned, hopefully Vegas is tricked by how good Bobby was in the playoffs and snags him in the draft. Also hopefully Karlsson will be tricked by the run and re-signs here long term.

Terrified of the moves GM of the Year Finalist Pierre Dorion will make this summer. Please don't touch Chabot or White :smith:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Garrioch posted:

Dorion says Derick Brassard will have surgery on a torn labrum. Gone four to five months. Hopeful he will be ready next year. #Sens

Tough month for labrums

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Wonder what the hell happened after Game 7

WaPo posted:

As for the “internal stuff” MacLellan referenced, he said “some stuff has come up that I obviously need to hold people accountable for and make changes going forward both on the players’ side and on the coaching side.” When pressed for specifics, MacLellan said certain details were exposed after the team lost to the Penguins “that need to be addressed,” but “I can’t publicly come out and say, ‘Here’s the deal, here’s who I’m going to hold accountable, here’s what they need to do better and if it doesn’t get done, then we need to make changes.’ It doesn’t make sense for me to publicly disclose that.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2017/05/30/evaluation-of-capitals-blueprint-wont-bring-major-summer-renovations/

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Mark Streit getting traded to a team that won the cup in his last year owns, owns twice as hard that he won't even get his name on it

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Preds are either about to trade one of their 4 good defensemen to somebody that can protect him or are going to give Vegas a pile of goodies not to take one, right?

This prompted me to take a look at the Preds roster, and who the hell is Calle Jarnkrok's agent? 6 years at $2mil/yr when you're 24 seems really bad, those are your prime years to cash in

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Drouin trade owned, but why do they seem so desperate to get rid of Galchenyuk? Scored 30 last year

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Captain Internet posted:

This photo makes me laugh so hard. I'm just imagining that the Pens parade is just Justin Shultz getting tanked while walking in shorts and a jersey.

https://twitter.com/melwedde/status/875029581476093952

Hahah the goddamned people cheering this dude public drinking completely out of context.

The Pens winning the cup sucked, but was worth it just for the entire team being juiced as hell at the parade and all the gifs of it on twitter. Dumoulin shotgunning a beer with his teeth, Maatta being so drunk he had to be held up by a guy for half the parade, Kessel signing a baby, "you sign it I chug it"

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/SportsCentre/status/877496521176088576

Do you think this has anything to do with him making $1 mil next year in actual salary?

Sucks that Hossa is done hockey, but really, why even introduce the cap recapture penalty

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 21, 2017

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Lebrun posted:

Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days...

loving Phaneuf

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Eberle is going to get a better return than Hall isn't he

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Dreger posted:

There is trade interest in Phaneuf from outside his list, so Sens are in discussion with Newport to see if Dion is willing to be flexible.

"I decided trading Dion felt wrong, so we didn't"

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Almost identical to the Dougie trade too, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger