Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Captain Internet posted:

CBJSprague24 sorry that this is how your guys season ended, after having by far your most successful regular season and then having to draw the Pens in the first round. I want you guys to win a playoff series. CBJ deserves it.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll echo that. If Columbus had gotten to face any of the other East teams except maybe the Caps I think they'd have won in the first round. The format is loving dumb. Columbus should have been bashing in the brains of Ottawa or whatever.

:respek:

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah Bob was terrible. The Pens offense is something else though. It's gonna be hard for anyone to keep them down.

It's pretty bad to be out dueled by Fleury in a playoff series. Still seems like Columbus is short a number one center too. Wennberg is solid but he was thoroughly invisible this series. Columbus just had nobody who could take over on offense.

I'm curious to see what Dubois might be able to do if he makes the team next year.

Jordan7hm posted:

hot take: Columbus isn't actually very good and they're in for a real letdown next season when they don't get Vezina caliber goaltending from Bob.

There were a few people during Bob-for-Hart talk who made the argument the CBJ might've still been a playoff team this year with above average goaltending. The question is can they overcome if Bob doesn't stand on his head Vezina-style? They did in 2013-14 (2.38, .923).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vitaly Abramov slipped my mind, but he sounds otherworldly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here lie the Jackets. They never scored, except those times this season where they did. I'd have been much more disappointed if they didn't at least eek out one win and be in contention for a second.

Much of the team will be back, with the summer-long concern being will they not suck in the first ten games again. So far, so good under Torts.

Congrats on your Calder Trophy Participant Award, Zach, as well as Torts' Adams and Bob's Vezina. Need to learn how to play good hockey after Game 82, though, :cop:.

Protect Saad/Foligno*/Dubinsky*/Hartnell*/Atkinson/Jenner/Wennberg, Jones/Savard/...probably Murray unless he's got bigger health problems than they thought in which case JMFJ, Bob*. Adios to Calvert/Karlsson/Anderson/Korpisalo (whichever of those four get claimed); please take Anton Forsberg, Vegas.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

grack posted:

Columbus didn't play "really, really well". They played like absolute steaming poo poo through the first three games and only marginally better in games four and five. They took a ton of undisciplined penalties and Bobrovsky was awful. It wasn't an issue of puck luck, it was an issue of being outplayed by their opponent.

I'm starting to wonder if you actually watched any of the games at this point because your opinion is literally the exact opposite of everyone else on the forums.

I'm not sure who "literally everyone else" is because the Game 5 GDT featured a fair bit of "Thank gently caress we're not going back to Columbus for Game 6 because that would be a hard game to win" sentiment out of PAS.

Captain Internet posted:

Lastly, why ya'll so hostile about me giving a team some praise? Especially CBJ of all teams. Like, what the gently caress?

John Tortorella could donate his salary from a season to pet and Are Troops charities and somebody would still go "Fuckin' Torts, man...man, what a god drat oval office. gently caress YOU COLUMBUS" (even though CBJ were an SAS pet team in 2013-14 before that title went to Fancy Cats).

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 23, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I still love the Totoro Say Banish Whistle avatar somebody in CAS has.

Apparently, JD and/or Jarmo established around the time he was hired "There will be no bullshit antics here". He also at one point traded strong performances for no practices, abolished the morning skate, and didn't impose a curfew on his players as shows of trust, which raised surprised eyebrows.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/THWMark/status/856897894212915205

Come get your low 2nd rounder, Vancouver.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Porrima posted:

Those mean that on average 2.09% of people in Columbus area, whatever that is, watched Columbus's's NHL games when they were on? NBC or on any channel?

The city of Columbus is estimated to have a population of ~850,000. Include the neighboring counties in the MSA and it's just over 2 million.

81 of 82 RS games were on FOX Sports Ohio, the lone exception being the one game on NBC during the regular season, NYR@CBJ in February. Three of the five playoff games were on NBC and FSO. The potential 17th straight win was going to be flexed to NBCSN, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jackets are trying to sign something called Vladislav Gavrikov out of the KHL, who could conceivably push Ryan Murray out of the lineup: http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170501/blue-jackets-want-to-add-russian-to-blue-line

I remember when Ryan Murray was automatically the best defenseman on the team just by showing up.

Aphrodite posted:

Pittsburgh doesn't replace Crosby with an average player though. They replace him with Malkin.

Aye Doc posted:

and then they replace Malkin with Bonino, it's simple trickle down hockeynomics

Believe that's called an "embarrassment of riches".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's five CBJ nominations for hardware- Bob (Vezina, Hart), Torts (Adams), Werenski (Calder), Foligno (some NHL charity award).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Has Murray really fallen so far? I was never sold on him as the 2nd overall pick, but he's struck me as a serviceable bottom pairing guy at worst. Injuries have been his major downfall, but he's been a 20pt guy when healthy. Is there some serious deficiency to his game that he's at risk of being replaced by a 9 points in the KHL guy? He seems like a decent reclamation project for a rebuilding team like Vancouver. I'd happily flip that 2nd round pick we get for Torts back to you for him.

It's not that Murray is bad, it's just that he's been pushed down the lineup by the additions of Jones, Werenski, and Nutivaara, an improved Savard, and a seemingly rejuvenated JMFJ. He seemed to play alright with Nutsack, but wasn't overly flashy. Get another decent defenseman to slot onto the third pair (Gavrikov, Gabriel Carlsson, Quincey did fine in Columbus but probably doesn't come back), and there suddenly isn't enough room at the Inn.

Aaron Portzline implied after the CBJ were eliminated that there might be some health issues beyond the wrist injury which cost him his season, too. What that's supposed to mean, I still don't know.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Ironically that should help Burns' case more not less since the Sharks were a hot puddle of poo poo when he wasn't playing like a Hart candidate.

You would think this would help Bob's case. A few goons felt CBJ still would've made the playoffs with adequate goaltending, but they don't have 50 wins without :cop: in net playing as he did most of the season.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Are these the facilities at PPG Paints Arena? Because all those empties late in regulation make sense now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

Claude Giroux's tiny hometown of Hearst, Ontario has formed a team in the Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League and the logo is literally Lumberjack Giroux.

The 8/CG logo is awesome.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Vegas updated their lines with the signing:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/860321853205655552

Guy is going to be a one-man wrecking crew. (Relevant: is it "Guy" or "Gee"?)

xzzy posted:

Parents that insist on trying to give their child a completely unique name on a planet with 7.5 billion people deserve endless ridicule.

Especially when their grand plan is nothing more than adding vowels to make the spelling different without actually changing the pronunciation. Congratufuckinglations on condemning your crotch fruit to spell out their name to every single person they meet.

BUT IT'S UNIQUE AND I WANT MY KID TO BE UNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HATE that poo poo. :ramsay:

Thufir posted:

Kaeden
Kaedyn
Kaedehn
Kaedenn
Kaed-N
Caydin
Cayden
Caydyn
Caydehn
Caydenn
Cayd-N
Caedin
Caeden
Caedyn
Caedehn
Caedenn
Caed-N
K-din
K-den
K-dyn
K-dehn
K-denn
K-d-N
Caidin
Caden
Kaden
Caiden
Caidyn
Caidehn
Caidenn
Caid-N
Khaedin
Khaeden
Khaedyn
Khaedehn
Khaedenn
Khaed-N

I was gonna say, god drat, Caden and Brayden are really loving popular names. Brayden is at least somewhat common, Caden has Millennial stink all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxqCGTkV5wg

Carlin would've just walked on stage and shot himself seeing A Typical Goon's list.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I didn't include this quote in my last post but I feel as though there needs to be a draft list of first names proposed before myself and my hopefully future wife if I get into that position someday do the nasty in hopes of procreating and if most any of ^those^ appear, we're gonna have to have a talk.

e- https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/860228285980172289

That's it, my hope for humanity is gone.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 5, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/862129697005686787

:drat:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm down with Sens/Oilers if it happens because Derick Brassard/Marc Methot getting a Cup would be cool and also the Oilers have been through an unreal dragging through the mud since 2006.

I'm still on the Capswagon until it derails, though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hmm...

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/862393880544780289
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/862394411560431617
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/862394775189762050
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/862394949916143622
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/862395285108142084

:aaa:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Worth noting in that article that no team will be making a primary logo change. Rob Mixer, who worked with the CBJ, said they wouldn't be making the cannon logo primary as there's too much of everything invested in the star and burgee logo (and I'm fine with that).

Anthony Zych, he of the CBJ posters from two years ago, apparently designed the Devils jersey:

https://twitter.com/anthonyzych/status/867738035030564864

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/867806257440329728

Ki...Kiel...K..."General Mattis(s)", yes, let's go with that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

whatis posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/869924806661214208

His name's come up a few times in the last couple years. Seems like a decent candidate. Hell of a name too

He was an assistant in Columbus when they started crawling out of the basement before he abruptly left to run his OHL team.

e- CBJ have sent Vancouver their second-round pick this year as required by that stupid rule which was in place when they hired Torts.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 31, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/status/871752353426419714

Alright, sure. What's it gonna take, though?

God, Bryz owns.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Damnit, Brooksie, now you've talked about Columbus wanting Kovy and now I'm trying to figure out how this is going to work and where he might fit in the lineup.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

God damnit they better have him at the Draft.

"Hey, so, I am the Ilya Bryzgalov at the NHL Draft, and we have here (Avs pick). So, you going to the Avalanche, is cold in Denver. You can smoke the weed there, but not if you play in NHL. How you feel to have been picked by a team with 20 win last year? That's hoo-mongusly bad."

e- I would watch the gently caress out of Bryz and the Predsxican.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 6, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'd forgotten Kovalchuk's contract was terminated because he went back to Russia. It would be his rights Columbus would have to trade for, then, right?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The offside challenge is getting to be like a PPG resulting from The Worst Penalty- you only like it if it favors your team in the end.

Aphrodite posted:

All goal reviews done by me.

I can make the time NHL, you know where to find me.

All reviews in favor of the Bruins, while Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Columbus never win one?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Gregory Campbell has retired and has been hired by the CBJ to their development staff.

Give Vinny The gently caress Prospal his job now. :argh:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

More on Gregory Campbell's hiring in Columbus:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/873166648269824001
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/873166798253948929
https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/873167040466604033

This is my reminder Chris Clark was a Jacket at one point.

Also, Joonas Korpisalo gets a new deal:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/873231176131125248

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Please take Rick Tocchet Buffalo. He's super awesome maybe.

God damnit why do people keep bailing the Pens out? Kessel, Daley, Sullivan in, Johnston, Scuderi, likely MAF, maybe Tocchet out.

e- MAF, not Hainsey.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 10, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

N: Elliotte Friedman thinks the CBJ are sending David Clarkson('s contract) to Vegas.

V: Wasn't there something about a player acquired by trade counting as Vegas' selected player from that team or am I confusing that with something else? I could've sworn I read something to that effect and whoever wrote it saying it could be used as a creative workaround for GMs.

(e- No, that has to do with signing a UFA and Vegas trading them to another team in exchange for consideration. Pierre LeBrun talked about it May 10th.)

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 11, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bring on the Pre-Expansion trades. Let chaos reign.

ThinkTank posted:

I'll take it. I won't even be 100!

How old are you if you won't be 100 in 8102?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

How loud were the boos? I didn't see.

Loud and extended.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

So let's see:

The garbage rear end patriots won another super bowl
The garbage rear end penguins won another Stanley cup
So that leaves Cleveland getting the reverse sweep for nba and the Yankees winning the world series before trump is finally ordained God emperor in perpetuity and ~~~ THE DARKEST TIMELINE ~~~ is complete...

I know like iospace and Boomer the Cannon will be about the only ones to care about this, but Jimmie Johnson won championship #7.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/ryanreal/status/874249296069234689

I've seen 14 teams make the SCF in my 11 full seasons of hockey watchin' since Lockout 2: Gary Boogaloo. Of those, I've seen 6 teams win, and have only seen one team not named Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Los Angeles win since 2008.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Word is David Clarkson+1st+prospect is going to Vegas for an unknown return or condition.

Let the games begin.

e- One rumor I saw last week said Vegas' 2nd round pick would be coming back.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 12, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Only Las Vegas. Overtime, guaranteed! (Isn't that what we were told back in the Versus days?)

This is why we can't have nice things, guys. :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/BlueJacketsNHL/status/874282987344596992

That's an alright start. Lots of jersey to mess up still, though. :ohdear:

Speaking of that team, have my prediction for their protected list:

Forwards (7):
-Saad
-Dubinsky
-Foligno
-Hartnell
-Atkinson
-Jenner
-Wennberg

Defensemen (3):
-Jones
-Savard
-Murray

Goaltender (1):
-:cop:

Exempt: Werenski (the Calder Cup run last year was on an ATO, I think).

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

Buyouts are nice but I really want to see some big trades happening soon.

quote:

Portzline: There are plenty of indications that Kekalainen is going big-name hunting, but none more clear that his words. That’s what he’s looking to do. These Blue Jackets are elite in goal (regular-season, anyway) and they have the making of an elite blue line. But up front they have to work so hard to score goals. A high-end guy could be a difference-maker.

quote:

They want to add that five-star player. Again, it’s very hard to acquire. Kovalchuk is a name they’ve investigated. Duchene must me considered. Don’t know who all the Avs are looking to unload, but they have some talent to move. Is Tavares available? If so, that’s a phone call they’d surely make. More than just cap room, the Blue Jackets have young assets (players) to move, too. They are positioned to make a trade of this stature.

I'll have one John Tavares, please.

e- Apparently Fartsmell was told he will not be on the team next year, so look for a trade/buyout there.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That's two 80's movie-style zero-to-heroes being jettisoned by their teams this summer: first MAF, now Drouin, who came out of nowhere to be a stud in the playoffs a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, our Admin and I have to clean up a mess our boss should've done himself two months ago and my side hustle sees a tenant being a complete douchebike, so today fuckin' sucks so far for me so let's go ahead and have some cool and fun trades because that's the best part of Summer.

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/TheCBJArtillery/status/875488818807398404

That sure is a shirt.

• Locked thread