Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Brian Flynn isn't a bad resigning, since it will be somewhat cheap. Likewise, I'm not mad at the Martinsen resigning.

I'm gonna be mad at the inevitable trades and when Bergevin drafts another Juulsen type with the first rounder, or when he drives Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to arbitration and then lets them walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

A lawyer could probably get her part of the new contract anyway.

I imagine part of the divorce involved Radulov paying off his wife's attorney and getting a ridiculous deal forming an agreement with his wife where she would not be entitled to any future earnings on his part.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

It's emblematic of horrible organizational philosophy and clutters up the developmental pipeline. Look at all the contributions Nashville and Pittsburgh are getting from home grown guys. It's a salary capped league and you better try to find some cheap talent for your bottom rosters rather than wasting it on average level replacement level guys.

Who are they going to put there?
The Fourth line is fine, it's not that expensive and I'd rather guys on small contracts over prospects because that would indicate the drafting of plugs.

The third line and up is where holes and question marks emerge, but Flynn and Martinsen are never going to play there.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

So that leaves Cleveland getting the reverse sweep for nba and the Yankees winning the world series before trump is finally ordained God emperor in perpetuity and ~~~ THE DARKEST TIMELINE ~~~ is complete...

Cleveland winning isn't as bad as Silicon Valley's (can't wait until they move to doped semiconductors and California legalises weed) most smuggest bringing home another trophy.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I need Sweeney to give Pastrnak 6 mil a year for the next 5 or 6 years with a NTC and then I will feel good about being a Bruins fan for at least the entire next year.

Watching Bergevin drive the Habs into the ground won't be enough?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

yellowcar posted:

Of all the players that Bergevin could stupidly leave unprotected are: Carr, Hudon, and De La Rose.

Beaulieu.
Seriously, if Bergevin leaves Beaulieu on the unprotected list (which he will because Emelin is the other choice) I fully expect Beaulieu to be gone.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Stiev Awt posted:

These are the Habs I would protect

Plekanec, Patches, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Danault, Hudon, Radulov

Petry, Weber, Davidson or Beaulieu (Therrien hosed up Beaulieu pretty bad, I'm leaning toward Davidson)

Carey

The Montreal Canadiens front office will probably protect Shaw or Emelin instead.

What I want:

Patches, Chucky, Gally, Danault, Hudon, Radulov, Byron

Petry (have to), Weber, Beaulieu

Carey

I don't think Las Vegas are interested in Plex, Benn or Davidson, but there's also the strong possibility that Radulov is not coming back in which case a new forward needs to be picked.

What I think we're gonna get:

Patches, Chucky, Gally, Danault, Hudon, Radulov, Shaw

Petry (have to), Weber, Emelin

Carey

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Kilza posted:

I don't think that's true, given that before this season Vegas was projected to take Davidson from Edmonton. Even though he had a down year I would still imagine it's very possible they could take him if they think he can bounce back, which I think he will.

The Habs probably have players that fit more neatly into Las Vegas' wants pile without coming in under a massive question mark.
Hell, for defenseman Beaulieu is almost a lock to be exposed and he probably has more value than Davidson right now.

And if Vegas wants a forward Hudon or Byron are going to be open.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 14, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

yellowcar posted:

You think Bergevin is gonna protect Hudon. That's cute.

Yeah I meant Byron, gently caress.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

So I woke up like 15 minutes ago and assumed there'd be no movement with a trade.

Drouin for Sergachev and almost certainly a pick? I'll take that.
I think it means either Radulov or Beaulieu are gone, and Bergevin plans on taking Galchenyuk all the way to Arbitration where he's going to argue he's a 2nd line winger with those kinds of comparables.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

On HAS chat, the only thing I feel safe regarding Galchenyuk and Beaulieu over is that:
a) Bergevin moves don't usually come after speculation. He keeps things watertight. Subban was foreshadowed, but he was traded after everyone thought the all clear had sounded.
b) Bergevin really values Beaulieu and puts a fair bit of value on Galchenyuk.

Krime posted:

Just watched MAF's locker cleanout interview.

:cry:

I'm pretty sure my first post on the forums were about MAF during his rookie year and 99% of my avatars have featured him as well.

I'm going to have to drive down to Vegas and check him out.

I know he has to go but it's still tugging at my strings.

I don't know if he's gone to Vegas.
He's probably gone to Vegas, but they might go for a younger goalie who can be the medium-term future. I don't know who can meet Pittsburgh's requirements otherwise.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

WHY. ISN'T. THE. HELMET. GOLDEN.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Levitate posted:

well we all knew McPhee was a bad GM

I won't believe it until I see it, but if he's taking who the rumours leak him as having taken, then he is worse than we ever could have imagined.

It would be like giving Benning or Bergevin the reigns to an expansion team.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Eberle is going to get a better return than Hall isn't he

There's zero guarantee of that.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Schremp Howard posted:

Seriously who takes that job though? Nothing good can come of it. Unless you can leverage yourself a deal to still be coach by the time they move and can spend money you might as well stay away.

Phoenix isn't going anywhere.
Seattle is the only other realistic contender and the NHL will probably usher them in as an expansion.
Hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

CynicallyTested posted:

If Reaves isn't effective, Sullivan won't play him.

Oh you sweet, innocent, child.

• Locked thread