Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

the talent deficit posted:

what qualifies mcguire to be a gm? the fact he knows the name of every CHL coach?

He coached in the past and his name is on the cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Much like playing hockey means you can gm.

JUST ASK JOE SAKIC

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Buffalo_Fire_Sale.aav ?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Martytoof posted:

DO THE THERRIEN, BUFFALO

Do it.

I dare you.

The Monkey's Paw finger curls, as Therrien leads the Buffalo Sabres to 3 cups in 5 years, knocking out the Habs in the ECF each time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

As someone from Milwaukee.

gently caress CHICAGO. EAT poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GeneX posted:

nah, it's loving hilarious

(I do hope iospace gets therapy for her dangerous obsession with seeing chicago sports teams lose though)

Also therapy for my obsession with Joe Sakic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LumpyGumby posted:

You used to be cool.

Edit; unless you mean Joe Sakic the GM, and not Joe Sakic, the player who God himself sent to punish, which is fair.

I hate Joe Sakic the GM. I was a fan of the 90s and early 2000s Avs.

Drifted and now I just like good hockey.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kalensc posted:

The other translation was solid, but I felt like punching it up to reflect québécois joual (and more or less typing what my family and friends are saying right now):

I'm at my wits end with this lovely soulless no-identity-having team that takes talented players and completely stifles their abilities by pairing them with inept motherfuckers like Ott and Flynn.

On top of THAT, this team is due to regress: our playmakers are getting older and there's no true phenom coming up from juniors.

gently caress it, fire everyone. Burn it down and scatter the ashes, it's time to rebuild.

HOLY HELL I AM SO FUCKIN' DONE WITH THE MONTREAL CANADIENS.

THEY. DON'T. HAVE. A. GODDAMN. CLUE.

So, how badly will you be pulling for them next year?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

kalensc posted:

Not a Habs fan so I just remind my pals that there's always next year and get some solid schadenfreude from the despair on the faces of those who approved of trading PK for a "true leader".

PK didn't get his ultimate revenge by beating the Habs in the SCF, but he got his revenge all the same by outlasting his old team.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NOW ACCEPTING TITLES FOR THE NEW LOSERS, QUOTE THIS WITH IDEAS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:perfect:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How long will the FIRE JULIEN chants start from has?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThinkTank posted:

Reddit officially justified its existence with the post of the century last night:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/67lfcg/should_the_nhl_have_the_hawks_and_preds_redo/

:laffo:

If the Hawks stood a chance, how come they got swept like punk rear end bitches? :newlol:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

yellowcar posted:

It's Fire Bergevin now.

Doesn't answer the question

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yaya posted:

I've slept on it and now that I've calmed down I think I can say that hockey still sucks rear end

:yeah:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I

I what.

Yes, all of four people watch it. Uh huh. It's totally not the biggest hockey tourney ever because NOPE, NO ONE WATCHES HURRRRRRRRRRRR.

Go gently caress yourself.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ginette Reno posted:

Is it possible for any sports owner to open their mouths without saying something stupid?

No.

Actually, let me

No.

Also fixed that for you.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ginette Reno posted:

I like the guy posting that he's not a Sbisa fan but who do you replace him with?

Uhh....literally anyone else?

Delayed, but I'm sure Montreal would willingly part with Weber for him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reminds me of this for some odd reason:
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/445926596143095809

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hi RAS :kheldragar:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CommaToes posted:

So, Sens-Oilers SCF?

I wouldn't mind it, if only to see Bettman cry. That alone, makes it worthwhile.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, if you want a witty, one line epitaph for your team in the "HAHA THESE TEAMS SUUUUUUUUUCK" portion of the OP, let HK or me know.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Levitate posted:

I'm not sure anyone wants to see that

That joke flew over your head

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HI CAS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hey OAS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Arabian Jesus posted:

Want to make sure this gets a little recognition

It did for a bit. Then a better title appeared.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't think the Caps should freak out and change a bunch though. As maddening as it is you probably just keep soldiering on with that core and hope the bounces work out eventually. It's not that statistically improbable to have the playoff failures they've had.

Yeah, it's not like they lost the SCF four straight times.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Milwaukee not getting a team makes me sad and has resulted in me hating Chicago sports even more than I did already.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

xzzy posted:

Not giving Wisconsin a team is a giant travesty.

The Packers/Bears rivalry (when the Bears aren't busy being a poo poo team) is one of the best things in the midwest because the Wisconsin/Illinois rivalry is hilarious and the NHL should do something to cash in on that.

The thing is, the Hawks are the only Chicago team without a Wisconsin rival. They do not want to lose that,which is probably out never happened.

Meaning they would likely lose fans to a milwaukee team

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah. I really need to go to some games.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vertical Lime posted:

this guy makes videos of pathetic teams

the capitals earned a new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abvvgVCwKAs

He did all four teams that lost in the 2nd and an all and one recap for the 1st round

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLS8BbHDfwE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKdcjJoXeEY

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Furnaceface posted:

My mom says my dad is sitting in the basement singing "gently caress the Ducks!" over an over. :3:

What team does your family nominally cheer for?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stretch Marx posted:

Why isn't this the thread wall paper?

I did the best I could. :smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

whatis posted:

it's pretty good, but it's not corey perry

It's Kesler though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HWB_9UXluM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/sportslogosnet/status/867717336773652480

Oilers will make the orange jersey their permanent home jersey next season. Avs are finally getting a much needed update, and I'm sure most of the others are small tweaks.

Also the Oilers are going from royal to navy blue again :barf:

That's nothing confirmed, at all. The only thing confirmed is the teams getting updates.

quote:

Here's a list of what we *hope* will be the changes to each team in the list we received. Again, these are merely predictions.

• Locked thread