Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
They can trade him to anyone not on his list. But come on, they are going to take him. Don't overthink this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Suspicious posted:

Weird that when they're trying to unload him, all of PAS suddenly loves MAF.

The "lol Fleury" stuff is amplified here more than anywhere, online or off, and has been getting run into the ground for like 5 years now

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hey Krime, there's an alleged sell sheet going around for the Vegas team store that says the authentic-level Adidas jerseys will cost $200 blank or $265 customized. That line up with anything you've heard? I mean if that's true it's basically $100 cheaper than they were this season.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Krime posted:

Yeah. Based on bookings and the catalogue the prices were expected to come down from where they were.

I'm really curious what "Authentic" means to Adidas retail. Reebok had Retail authentic made in the Philippines that didnt have reinforced elbows and other minor changes and then the on ice authentics that were made in Canada that you kinda had to luck into.

All I saw about the new ones was that the replicas were actually going to be Fanatics branded and only the authentics would be Adidas. And yeah, the "retail authentic" Reebok jerseys were garbage. River City and I think Ice Jerseys specifically carried Canadian-made "on-ice authentic" in the more popular styles and teams for an extra charge. I seem to recall the Penguins team store mixing these styles at the same price point and no indication that either was any different. They're weird like that, their replica jerseys are a mix of screen-printed and fully-sewn numbers with no difference in price or stock, I went through a couple racks of Crosby jerseys to find a sewn one.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The greatest sports firing was when the Braves manager found out he was fired because he got an email changing his return flight from a road trip

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

I won't be surprised if the Pens sign Doan on the cheap to take Cullen's role

I would, he's a washed up dickhead who almost killed Letang once

Preds jersey bad
Blues jersey good

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Lol at the Capitals still wearing the edge garbage instead of just going retro

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Krime posted:

Penguins tweeted their numbers out. No perforated #s

Yay.

Or... oh no. They might be weighed down now and slower!

don't worry, they're just single-layer screen-printed trash now

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Krime posted:

I'm really hoping the authentics won't have the screen printed garbage.

You would think they'd just do kiss-cut numbers, but you can't market-speak that

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

yellowcar posted:

I think the Avs are the only team that came out with a better looking jersey than their old one.

Pretty much. Everyone else either stayed mostly the same or got worse. Even teams that changed essentially nothing seem to all have a dumbass collar now. Not "toilet seat" bad like the Nike football jerseys (which are fixed this year), but still bad.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Krime posted:

Steve Carp 

✔@stevecarprj

Word is the wide collars on the adidas uniforms are blank to accommodate ads

7:56 PM - 20 Jun 2017

Vegas newspaper reporter

Why would they put ads *there*, that makes no sense

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Best wishes to Marion Hossa in his courageous battle with Morgellons

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The collars are so bad. Especially if there are laces, or the part with the NHL logo is a different color

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Krime posted:

So, the jerseys with the little circle adidas logo by the hem are most likely the replicas... which are made by fanatics... so why not their logo?

Nope those are "retail authentics" same bullshit as before. The Fanatics jerseys will have a Fanatics jock tag.

Edit the gloves aren't staying white, they couldn't get gold ones made in time

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

If it's a vanity project you don't care what other people think

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Hockles posted:

Give the team a minor penalty for Delay of Game, just like you would if you tried to challenge the curve of a stick and failed.

This would be stupid as hell especially since no one knows what "goalie interference" is. It's just as bad as the NFL not knowing what a catch is.

It's pointless for sports, any sport, to adopt technological measures to get things right and then dis-incentivize or outright prevent their use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The Coyotes will stay in Arizona as long as some city or the state or whatever is willing to give them free money. The second that stops they are out the door

• Locked thread