Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

du -hast posted:

also what the gently caress is a hot desk??

hoteling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hot desking is when u search for the space heater that tripped the breaker.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I HAVE A GOD drat TREE, OP.

i used to have an avocado tree. then we got laid off and it sat on my desk neglected for over a month before we came back and it died :rip:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Shaggar posted:

hot desking is when u search for the space heater that tripped the breaker.

lol, our facilities team begs the org at large not to use the space heaters, but the people that do it are primarily administrative assistants to someone way more important than the guy with a ladder.

And so the world just keeps on spinning as it was

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
A friend of mine has a plant named Robert Plant.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I HAVE A GOD drat TREE, OP.

Leaf this thread

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

please enjoy

I spill a lot of dirt/water into that vent

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

did you eat the mushroom because that seems lime a real wasted opportunity

lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

du -hast posted:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Nice! /\/\/\/\/\/\/\

also what the gently caress is a hot desk??

a table

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Semi-related....I am looking to get a new desk for home. It will be used for my desktop PC and my work laptop when WFH. What are some YOSPOS recommendations? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, and something that would be easy to move would be nice. But I would like something with plenty of space, looks nice, is ergonomic, and will last a while.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

PyPy posted:

Semi-related....I am looking to get a new desk for home. It will be used for my desktop PC and my work laptop when WFH. What are some YOSPOS recommendations? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, and something that would be easy to move would be nice. But I would like something with plenty of space, looks nice, is ergonomic, and will last a while.
i also want this desk

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

ikea wood countertop plus ikea desk legs had been my go-to until i just took the whole thing and mounted it right to the wall.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

PyPy posted:

dude, have you heard of this store called ikea?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49022798/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I got a Bonsai tree kit just for funsies and planted two of the seeds. one hasn't grown at all yet, and this one won't loving stop growing. I have it under an LED grow lamp which is why the pictures are purple. as you can see there's already another little sprout for two more branches or whatever coming in

do I re-pot it? fertilize it? is it supposed to grow this fast (sprouted 3 weeks ago)? the booklet that came with the kit has literally no instructions beyond "cover with 1/4" of soil and keep moist"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

one guy in my room has a Peyote cactus.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ikea desks are the only way to go unless you have serious cash to spend yeah

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

indigi posted:

I got a Bonsai tree kit just for funsies and planted two of the seeds. one hasn't grown at all yet, and this one won't loving stop growing. I have it under an LED grow lamp which is why the pictures are purple. as you can see there's already another little sprout for two more branches or whatever coming in

do I re-pot it? fertilize it? is it supposed to grow this fast (sprouted 3 weeks ago)? the booklet that came with the kit has literally no instructions beyond "cover with 1/4" of soil and keep moist"

those pots it's in now are organic material so repotting is as easy as plopping the whole thing in a bigger pot with new soil. it looks like there's two pots there so id recommend finding the one that hasn't sprouted and putting him in his own pot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I put it in a second pot cause there was some kind of cotton candy-like mold (I'm assuming) growing on the outside of the first one. should I cut it away before repotting?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

indigi posted:

I put it in a second pot cause there was some kind of cotton candy-like mold (I'm assuming) growing on the outside of the first one. should I cut it away before repotting?

that can happen if the soil is too damp and/or not draining well. you can but id probably just give it a decent scrap and drop it in the new pot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like to take plants out of those biodegradable pots regardless cause i like their roots to swing free. like goin commando.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Cat Face Joe posted:

those pots it's in now are organic material so repotting is as easy as plopping the whole thing in a bigger pot with new soil. it looks like there's two pots there so id recommend finding the one that hasn't sprouted and putting him in his own pot
I'm not sure I believe in those biodegradable pots. I planted some tomatoes in them into a bigger planter and about a year later they'd never managed to escape. It may as well have been plastic.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm going to grow so much weed next year

and by so much I mean 1 or 2 legal plants

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm going to grow so much weed next year

and by so much I mean 1 or 2 legal plants

trump administration is gonna go back to enforcing federal marijuana laws so glhf

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

trump administration is gonna go back to enforcing federal marijuana laws so glhf

lol I don't live in the US and hosed if I'll ever set foot there again

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax

ShadowHawk posted:

I'm not sure I believe in those biodegradable pots. I planted some tomatoes in them into a bigger planter and about a year later they'd never managed to escape. It may as well have been plastic.

Many of those pots are meant to last just like plastic ones, they only biodegrade in landfills or special compost piles. At least, the ones made of rice husks won't just dissolve in the ground like you expected

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

JewKiller 3000 posted:

Many of those pots are meant to last just like plastic ones, they only biodegrade in landfills or special compost piles. At least, the ones made of rice husks won't just dissolve in the ground like you expected
That seems reasonable. It's entirely plausible I did it very wrong but from my amateur quick reading of the packaging I got the impression I was supposed to put it in the ground directly.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

c tomato s:

i'll give the big ones another few days then transplant them to their pots

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

when your tomaters get big and start to fruit, starve them a little bit. don't let them die, but keep them dry enough so that the leaves look just a bit like they're dying. a well-watered tomato plant puts its energy into growing leaves, a dry stressed-out one grows more tomatoes.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol I don't live in the US

wont stop him

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

1. succulents
2. ferns
3. regular grass

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hot desking is like hot wifing

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
*borat voice* my desk

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

hifi posted:

hot desking is like hot wifing

no because theres yosposters who have hot desks

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

my goth gf posted:

i have a lamp and a cnc machined cutout of detroit from overhead op

did you make the cutout yourself or can i get myself one of those from somewhere?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

sleepwalkers posted:

did you make the cutout yourself or can i get myself one of those from somewhere?

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/cut-maps

i got it from here but idk if they're sold anywhere else

probably

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

hifi posted:

1. succulents

Many of these. Also some small type of snake plant.

Both are hard to kill through neglect. Most likely cause of death is interns who are too eager and water them every day.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
spider plants are basically indestructible. just water it a bit when the soil feels dry and before it turns yellow.

and you get spider-ettes which you can pot and share with all your work friends. :3

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

ShadowHawk posted:

That seems reasonable. It's entirely plausible I did it very wrong but from my amateur quick reading of the packaging I got the impression I was supposed to put it in the ground directly.

no if they are rice husk or copra they aren't going to let your plants roots swing free. imagine trying to grow your roots through the same stuff you make welcome mats out of.

cut them open, and give your plant baby a nice little home in the ground with some sphagnum moss for drainage and fertilizer.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

PyPy posted:

ikea.

if you are ~* standing desk curious *~ but don't want to commit, to a ~* standing desk lifestyle *~ get a cardboard stand from ergodriven. they are like :20bux:. you do some topological transforms to cardboard, and out comes a thing that you can put atop your desk and stand at with your laptop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
drat shame they discontinued the Jerker desk.

ultravoices posted:

and you get spider-ettes :3
I have an aloe vera that does this too. Plants that reproduce by creating little baby plants are the best. It's like they know I want to make cuttings, so they make it really easy for me. A symbiotic relationship between plant and owner.

• Locked thread