Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
This poll is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dryzen posted:

Do it fucker

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

El Burbo posted:

based on this threads poll, a plurality of people prefer robots and/or touhous so im gonna give people what they want

Good, continue.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

just took a look in my fridge wondering what to have for lunch and I have like a carton of expired milk, one bottle of beer, and a box of wine

that's it, excluding a door full of various mustards

Time for a liquid lunch, then.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

have you read the yona manga

actually maybe don't cause that'll make you want s2 even more if it's as good as i hear. everything after the anime is supposed to be even better

Read the manga anyway but also yes, Yona just literally never stops getting more awesome with each new arc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Why is he inside the game being bombed? What happened to Yu-Gi-Oh in the last 20 years???

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 7, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a kitten posted:

Got tickets to see Your Name tomorrow. It's in way more theaters than I thought it would be, so that's cool.

It's good and I liked it a lot. It's also loving gorgeous.

Also, when I watched it, I realised that all the peaceful country scenes with sweeping vistas were making me nervous and on edge, and all the shots of Tokyo with big crowds were relaxing to me, which is when I realised I never want to live outside of cities again in my life.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Aurora posted:

I'm bad at OPs

:justpost:

All you need to do is make a short list of notable/good mahou shoujo shows with maybe a line or two synopsis of the most popular ones (Sailor Moon, CCS, Madoka, Symphogear, whatever) and some pictures, it doesn't have to be a dissertation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

also precure and pretear

:yeah:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I just beat Nier: Automata (0%)

I'm genuinely surprised I couldn't find a any% speedrun video on Youtube that's just skipping cutscenes and removing CPU.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Now you're making me want to listen to all the TWEWY battle themes again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36RvlJbaBYE

:rip: TWEWY. :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

some things are better left as one-offs

I don't want a direct sequel with the same premise and characters, but there's definitely room for another game in the same style as TWEWY.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

Wii U would've been perfect for keeping the two screen + touch screen battle system if they wanted to, though given how confusing and unwieldy the two screen thing was I wouldn't have a problem with it being dropped. But yeah I could totally go for a game with similar general mechanics and art and music style.

The iPad port makes it work well on a single screen, too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The NierA port is perfectly fine except for having not the most optimised lighting in some places and a bug with fullscreen resolution that you can fix in 30 seconds with an existing piece of software.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mogomra posted:

What is a cool and good sci-fi/mecha anime to watch assuming I've seen all of Macross multiple times and Legend of the Galactic Heroes and enjoyed them both?

I don't need something that's exactly like either of those, but I have no idea what to watch.

Kuromukuro, in addition to the stuff already suggested.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Holy poo poo I want one of those.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

here you go:

That's good Yuri.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'd started the first volume of the yurirei manga from scanlations, so it was cute but not a surprise, but I hadn't read the second volume until now. It's about a pair of girls who like "friendly girls" encouraging their senpai to get together and it's cuuuute!

Also the color pages at the front are really pretty.

I bought it and it's good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

chumbler posted:

32-year-old Futaba Kiryu is a manga artist that writes for a weekly shounen magazine. Her latest ongoing manga is a romantic comedy, "Bocchi no Ore kara Riaju no Omaera ni Ittoku" (A Loner Like Me's Got a Lot to Say about You Normies out There) or "Bottoku" for short. It is a best-seller and has an anime adaption on the works. But the truth is, she's completely clueless about romance.

The days go on as she continues on working on her manga with her manga assistants, but soon, one of her assistants, Hiro Asakura (she dubs him as "Assassin" because of his cold and intimidating demeanor), and the anime scriptwriter for the "Bottoku" anime, Kitamura Kyosuke (social media dubs him "The Tactician" for his notoriously clever execution in the anime he's worked in) grow an interest in her and eventually make a move on her. How will Futaba fare in this love triangle when her knowledge of romance is next to nothing?

It's good, actually.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Today I started a second job at a poultry distributor and now I am headed 2 hours south for a photo shoot with my whole family because my mom is going under the knife Wednesday for super serious cancer removal surgery. They will pack the cancer spots with radioactive shrapnel afterwards. Send ur thoughts anime posters tyvm

Good luck Matoi's mum.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

http://imgur.com/a/zc8gl

last chapter of now loading

Thanks for posting the comics, zogendorph.

Also that was a great final chapter. :3:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 19, 2017

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Disappointed she didn't print some shipping, of characters.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

I think this owuld be a good av if I could get rid of the neck & gray background

Poor Sagat, what happened to him? :(

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Phone Chrome has issues with big avs for some reason right now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I haven't seen any problems with any other avatars. :( only yours

It happens with Cantaloupe's av on my phone.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Actually, it's happening to Cant's av on desktop Chrome too, now:

:rip: Chrome.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Allarion posted:

This is what I get

Nico is going lightspeed and there's no stopping her.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Welcome back to OG chat thread regular Burbo, who hasn't posted in several months.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

shirobako is really good

Correct.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That's a good Mamika from Re:Creators.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm off to vote while hungover and suffering from sinusitis and I can safely say I don't recommend ever doing this.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dryzen posted:

Hots is fun

:yeah:

Shame we can't play together because Blizzard are the dumbest.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Where can I buy these.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You know, if they ever make a second season of Shirobako, I hope it's a prequel set in the 70s. It'd be cool to see an entire show about the production of anime in another decade.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9w1hnry4xQ#t=1m6

This gameplay looks familiar, but I can't quite place it. :thinking:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Julias posted:

It's basically God Eater meets Dark Souls

The :thinking: indicated sarcasm.

I'm glad we're getting more Souls clones because that means maybe some day we'll get some good ones, but I hope the God Eater devs make enemies react more to hits in the finished thing.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

What's this? I like the artstyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Kakugo wo Kimete, it finally got an update after 4 years lol

Thanks.

You should post about it in the romance thread in a month if it's getting regular updates again, so I don't have to start reading something that updates once every four years. :argh:

• Locked thread