Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Time for Symphogear GX 10
10:

-I had forgotten about Ver's hero complex. I'm glad he's here to remind me. :allears:

-I love everything about Ver's rants and Carol and the rest of the cast's reactions.

-Chris/Kirika/Shirabe's a great trio. Really like their dynamic.

-"I can't remember all of these!" "It's okay Kiri-chan, we'll both remember half." These adorable little edgelords.

-Good little chat between Miku and Hibiki.

-Oh. Huh. So killing the Autoscorers with the Ignite mode was the point the whole time? This plan is rather slick.

-Glad Genjuro and pals are reasonable about Elfnein's little problem.;

-"DE-DE-DE-DESSSSS!!!" Kirika is so good.

-Oh my god, What's-her-name's tonfas are made out of rolls of coins. That's great.

-This ED and the buildup to it aren't as awesome as G's, but they've grown on me quite a bit.

I'm getting the impression that the last 3 eps'll all flow right into each other, so I think I'll do that in one sitting tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also did we kill the old thread for any particular reason?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Red Minjo posted:

Remember Kemono Friends? I do.

We're all Friends that are good at remembering good shows

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I cannot loving believe that some people stopped playing Nier Automata after ending A

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just beat the first boss of Automata's third route. This is one hell of a loving game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/InazumaBuster/status/848578993741803521

Super Robot Wars is good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So NieR Automata has a dumb credits minigame that also actually brought tears to my eyes.

So, y'know, that game's good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

did you ever watch rebellion btw

Not yet. Was going to do it this weekend, but the final 15 hours of Automata are one hell of a thing. I'll stream it sometime this week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Disgusting half breed

Don't you dare disrespect Holo's baby girl

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Polsy posted:

http://polsy.org.uk/ani/stats/whoposted1to18.html

I'm glad Zep Hate-Senpai is still tenaciously holding onto the top spot with his strong posting game

I'd say my numbers are pretty strong(?) for how far behind I started.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That chat thread wasn't a mistake.

Mistakes were just made within it.

Also, there's no new Gabriel Dropout for me to start the week on and now I miss Satan.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xinder posted:

we all miss satan

but satan will live on in our hearts

Hail forever

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mill Village posted:

I like it enough to buy it again.

Bayonetta is apparently coming to PC so I'll be buying that for a 3rd time as well.

Wait wait wait what

You can't just drop that one without a link

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah. I can see how some of the impositions on the original text could be seen as a bit rude at worst, but overall GabDro had a really nice translation and I'd love more like it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Saber Nero is a massive dork and also The Best.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

tales of xillia, xillia 2, berseria, and fate/stay night are all really good, btw

You should find time for Nier.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i'll play automata later cause i don't know if my pc can run it well

Ah, yeah, forgot about that. Automata doesn't seem to be amazingly well optimized, yeah. Mostly runs fine on my machine, but I've got a 1070 and I still got occasional frame drops. Nothing to get worked up about, but nothing I'm used to seeing in a game with Automata's level of technical visuals, either, and if I'm noticing it on a 1070 an actual old card might have some real problems.

Absolutely worth getting to, though. The soundtrack alone makes it an all-timer. Keiichi Okabe's the best composer I never see anyone talk about in games. Hope he starts doing more stuff now that he's scored an unambiguous hit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Yama no Susume bonus episode is very goofy and also good.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will come to this thread when I wish to chat about Anime, and not Trump

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad the Touhous are back.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Alright, time to actually finish GX

Episode 11:

-Hibiki and Bad Dad trying one more time. Show continues to do a good job of having Miku support Hibiki in her own way.

-Oh, Hibiki asking Bad Dad to talk to Mom himself is a good beat. As is the ensuing conversation.

-Carol's motivation is pretty lame, but Ver's bemused disappointment in her is pretty good.

-Aaaand Bad Dad shows himself to be even worse than we thought.

-I very much doubt that fall killed Ver quite yet.

-Their attempt to soften Bad Dad is basically coming from the right place, but it's a little too little too late to entirely work. I did like how he threw rocks to keep Carol from noticing him scooping up the gear,m though.

-Hibiki, meanwhile, sells her end of things as well as she possibly could, and that's fun. Also woooow I really like her new song. It's really impressive to see how Yuuki's singing voice has improved from S1.

-GETS CAROL RIGHT IN THE FACE! Feels good.

-The other Gears' entrance is really good.

-Crunchyroll doesn't subtitle Carol's song for...some reason? Sure sounds good though.

-Not sure how I feel about MariaMom still being alive.

Episode 12

-Oh, duh. Magic.

-Ver is a hero. A silly, melty-faced hero.

-I REALLY like what this episode is doing with Maria, Kirika, and Shirabe.

-So the people who died to the Chateau didn't get revived when Ver reversed the process, did they?

-Carol deciding to burn her memories out to be stronger simplifies things nicely for Hibiki. Now she gets to fight to save Carol instead of killing her.

-Oh, I really like how they're bringing back Hibiki's ability to control everyone's Climax Songs. I had forgotten that she could do that.

Episode 13

-...Does the submarine not have a doctor onboard?

-I feel like Carol doesn't bring a whole lot to the table that Maria didn't when it comes to villainy.

-New group song is Very Good, Shirabe's goofy-rear end roaming sawtooth with pincers is even better.

-"Heh...You were one short." *Hibiki cracks some gigantic metal knuckles*"...poo poo."

-GLORIOUS BREAK

-I'm glad they don't waste any time making us wonder whether the Symphogears survived this time.

-I like how long this epilogue seems to be.

-...Okay, it's taken me too long to watch this show. Elfnein was made from Carol's memories, right? So, since Elfnein's body was failing, Carol was taking them back? That's what happened?

-I wish Hibiki and BadDad were less catchphrase-y.

-Big Sis Chris is good.

-It took this show much longer than I expected to start pushing Maria/Tsubasa.

-The post credits bit was great. Very Hibiki.

Well, that's that. GX is a mess, but it's still Symphogear, and it ends on a high note. Most of my complaints are stuff I've spelled out before about pacing and bland villains, so I won't really rehash them here. If AXZ lets its character moments breathe a little better than GX does and its villains don't take until halfway through the season to start taking so much as a scratch, it'll do just fine.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 4, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Isn't that the plot of Xenosaga?

Xenosaga posits that Jesus was in fact a fraud

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is there any particular reason I'm seeing lots of drawings of Hibiki cuddling with Penguins today? Is the Penguin supposed to be Miku the way I've seen other drawings of Miku playing with Hibiki the songbird?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

i thought spiritus nox was gonna protest the happy ending of gx but actually he was cool with it, so now i have a lot of random symph thoughts but can't make a giant quote for it. So here's just my favorite bikki quote

I'm a little surprised you thought I wouldn't like a happy ending - I've always liked Symphogear most when it's at its most optimistic. There were a few problems with GX's ending, but like I keep saying they all felt like extensions of GX's overall issues with pacing. Bikki is a hero and did a good job and inspired her friends and loved ones.

Also I really liked it when she slugged Carol right in the goddamn face. That was fun.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 5, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

the ending of kobayashi cemented it as maybe my favorite kyoani show ever made...

It's hard for me to order the best KyoAni shows, but I'd definitely say MaiDragon is at least flirting with the Haruhi/Hyouka/Eupho tier for me. Probably ahead of K-On.

Yasuhiro Takemoto is an Extremely Good Director.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 6, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

rip to the maiddragon director, who also directed disappearance of haruhi and amagi brilliant park

No love for Hyouka?

I feel bad for Takemoto having to compete with Yamada for office affection

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

I listened to it every time.

It was a real good OP.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Speaking of reading things, I've been trying to get back into Bloom Into You lately, and I really can't quite figure out whether or not I like how slow-paced it is.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'll probably see it over the weekend.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

If my files are locked and I don't have Touhou 12 how am I supposed to get and play Touhou 12

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Does anyone have any gifs on airstrikes depicted in anime?

No.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In an effort to talk about things that don't make me shake with rage - I'll be streaming Madoka Magica: Rebellion tomorrow in my usual spot at 7:00 PM CST. Unless there are people who would like to join but can't make that time, anyway, can move it if I need to.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

homeless snail posted:

don't worry, you'll probably be shaking with rage after watching rebellion

Different strokes, at least.

Spiritus Nox posted:

In an effort to talk about things that don't make me shake with rage - I'll be streaming Madoka Magica: Rebellion tomorrow in my usual spot at 7:00 PM CST. Unless there are people who would like to join but can't make that time, anyway, can move it if I need to.

Also requoting for the page snipe.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnoHito posted:

If you could do it at 8pm that would be helpful.

Sure, that's not a problem.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Anime_girl_with_interrogation_marks_over_head.jpg

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Perfection.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Nyeh heh heh