Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

early voting is much more one-sided, this time.

I won't make it but tell me the right one won tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sick

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Truga posted:

I just want to say, gently caress cancer.

Ranze owns.

Also,

*thinks really hard on how to interpret this as a loss edit*

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

What would Big O s3 even be about? Do the mysteries left over really need to be answered? With Samurai Jack you get the impression that Genndy knew how he wanted to end it a long time ago.

Knowing Konaka he would probably just not answer those mysteries anyways.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Someone fansub the Giant Robo anime written by Konaka, tia

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thanks

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm gonna celebrate world penguin day by watching penguin memories tonight, since it was first subbed a few days ago

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Can't wait to have a good time, watching a movie about a penguin with PTSD readjusting to civilian life

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I flipped a coin to decide whether I should spend $30 on PLAYERUNKOWN'S BG or TOM CLANCEY'S TD (only buying games with peoples names in the title in 2017, new years resolution), anyway long story short I threw away the coin

don't diss battlegrounds it's legit a good game!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://cytu.be/r/Srice

Streaming a bunch of episodic stuff....right now!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A Penguin's Memories was a pretty good film. The character designs from a beer commercial being used for a serious film about a wounded vet dealing with PTSD sounds strange if you just hear about it, but the ads themselves also aim for a melancholic mood so heck, it makes sense to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUKN3rqeLWI

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gonna be streaming a few episodic things, 10 minutes from now!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gonna be firing up the stream in 10 minutes, good times will be had by all who click this

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

MAL keeps telling me to watch Terror in Resonance. I may give in soon

No!!!!!!!!!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I enjoyed, Scum's Wish.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

It's going to be the best anime of 2018

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are a lot of excellent movies that are flops so I'm just happy that yuasa got to make two movies that came out this year

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

I guess if I had to pick, Rei from March comes in like a Lion, but that's debatable if you count it as sports...

It's sports.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

hostess with the Moltres posted:

My friend wants to watch Eva with me, but only all at once :chloe:

Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

Happy National Aboriginal Day to all you white folks out there

Thank You.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I have a whole stack of raws to choose from. Kouya no Shounen Isamu, Game Center Arashi, Battle Wolf Janki, pick your poison

Isamu!!!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anipages once did a write-up on Isamu and ever since I've been mad that only like, one ep was ever subbed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh I have the anime encyclopedia so I can just drop this

quote:

Isamu Wataru is the child of a Japanese man and a Native American woman, a skilled gunfighter from an early age because of the dangers of life in the Wild West. After his mother’s death, he is taken in by the folks of Rotten Camp, and raised by the Wingate family as one of their own. The Wingates teach him superb sharp-shooting skills, but as Isamu gets older, he comes to realize that they are outlaws, and that they are encouraging him to put his powers to evil use— compare to similar loyalty issues that trouble KIKAIDER . Based on the manga Boy King (Shonen Oja) by Soji Yamakawa and Noboru Kawasaki, serialized in Shonen Jump weekly, this series drifted away from its inspiration in the second half, preferring to concentrate instead on Isamu’s search for his missing father. Director Takahata had a young colleague named Hayao Miyazaki on his animation team, which is the main reason English-speaking fans remember this children’s adventure story about a boy making his way in the lawless West. The show’s title seems designed to encourage associations with American cowboy programs already seen on Japanese television. Hondo (1967) was broadcast in Japan as Koya no Apache or “Wilderness Apache,” while Branded (1965), was shown in Japanese as Koya no Nagaremono, or “Wilderness Wanderer”— Isamu’s surname actually means “drifter.”

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I found out that this hella 80s shoujo series is now subbed, so I'm gonna watch it on my vacation next week

https://youtu.be/omeqyyFOsW8

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baloogan posted:

dragonmaid is not about your fetishes

lol

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

hostess with the Moltres posted:

Should I watch patlabor or LoGH

LoGH.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I didn't care much for the Patlabor OVAs. I saw the movies first so I guess I was expecting more of that

Yea that's def a big difference in those presentations

I feel like I'm in a similar boat these days insomuch as it's mainly just the movies I can get passionate about.

Might have just been the Urusei Yatsura anime that did it in for me wrt the Patlabor OVA and especially the tv show insomuch as it tickles many similar Oshii comedy/character beats but better and with more interesting visuals to boot.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

El Burbo posted:

congrats on your aids

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Since only One Piece was mentioned a few of the recent hits in the same genre would be a good follow-up. Stuff like Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, or Mob Psycho 100.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

My favorite anime are:

One Piece
Parasyte
Kill La Kill
One Punch Man
Dragon Ball Z
Attack on Titan

I tried to get into the Hunter x Hunter anime, but it was too slow and uneventful. Is the manga better than the anime?

Mob Psycho 100 is by the same creator as One Punch Man so that's definitely worth checking out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I know it might not be what you're looking for but have you tried A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

It was a good attempt, Srice.

Thank You.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

They know the secret behind baseball in anime

The secret being, that it's good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Chargeman Ken rules precisely because there wasn't any irony on the part of the creators

It means you get what might as well be the tv anime equivalent of Manos, an entertainingly weird incompetent work made with complete sincerity

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The one ep everyone needs to watch is Dynamite in the Brain.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

At least Another has some epic deaths going for it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Buddy Complex had a few elements that could have been interesting but the committee that wrote it opted for the safe and familiar route for just about everything

Yeeaaaah.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

sorry about your brain issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Getsuya posted:

By that you mean Xebec's in general because they all use the same design, right?

What no it's just one designer who did those, they make a variety of stuff!

• Locked thread